Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

32 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wilder seems to think Wazza hasn’t had such a difficult time as manager compared to others. Warnock said a similar thing. Rooney has the chance today to prove he is the “real deal”.

Wilder and Warnock are decent lower league managers but neither can cut it at the highest level as has been proved and neither have ever inherited a club in such a mess as Rooney has so I’m not really interested in their views. Wayne is going to be a top top manager and I suspect they know it and there’s a little bit of professional jealousy there.

33 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Wilder and Warnock are decent lower league managers but neither can cut it at the highest level as has been proved and neither have ever inherited a club in such a mess as Rooney has so I’m not really interested in their views. Wayne is going to be a top top manager and I suspect they know it and there’s a little bit of professional jealousy there.

Chris Wilder got Sheffield United a top-half Premier League finish. He’s a fantastic manager.

I'd love the Derby fans there today to use a poo load of humour. People really struggle to cope with humour when they're expecting vitriol.

The matter is settled and I think a lot of us believe the timing is totally intentional by Gibson in terms of the transfer deadline AND today's game.

He's positioned himself on moral the high road knowing that if Derby fans klick off we will look even worse than if he was still threatening action.

Steve Gibson, he's one of our own would be a funny and lovely sarcastic chant that would get others on side.

Trashing the ground and attacking pubs just makes you look thick and not only disliked even more by other clubs, but by other Derby fans too.

Enjoy the day.

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'd love the Derby fans there today to use a poo load of humour. People really struggle to cope with humour when they're expecting vitriol.

The matter is settled and I think a lot of us believe the timing is totally intentional by Gibson in terms of the transfer deadline AND today's game.

He's positioned himself on moral the high road knowing that if Derby fans klick off we will look even worse than if he was still threatening action.

Steve Gibson, he's one of our own would be a funny and lovely sarcastic chant that would get others on side.

Trashing the ground and attacking pubs just makes you look thick and not only disliked even more by other clubs, but by other Derby fans too.

Enjoy the day.

Yes but if we sang that, most of the not so bright boro fans would think that we meant it ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Chris Wilder got Sheffield United a top-half Premier League finish. He’s a fantastic manager.

Can't really argue with that assessment but his comments are baalocks. When has he ever had to work under the conditions WR has had to? Come to think of it, when has anyone ever had to work under such difficult circumstances? 

Sounds like he's a perfect fit for Gibson. 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They were also extremely pleased that he left as well 

Come on. Just look at his record ? 4 trophies with Alfreton, got Oxford and Northampton promoted and took League 1 Sheff Utd to a mid table Premiership finish. Now has a 57% win rate at Boro. Pretty damn impressive in my book.

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Can't really argue with that assessment but his comments are baalocks. When has he ever had to work under the conditions WR has had to? Come to think of it, when has anyone ever had to work under such difficult circumstances? 

Sounds like he's a perfect fit for Gibson. 

Oh absolutely.