Boro (A) Match Thread

B4ev6is

31 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Let's hope there are no instructions to accidentally put some of our top players out for a while. The permed moron has tried everything else to stop us.

I do seem to recall them roughing up Bielik a couple of seasons ago at Pride Park when, I think, Tom Lawrence scored a brace in a 2-0 win. That would tie in with the start of the permed ones bitterness towards us. 

Could we possibly take retrospective legal action against him/them? Obviously I jest as I'd hate us to stoop to his level. 

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

I think people who are telling us how to behave at Middlesbrough on Saturday whilst simultaneously throwing insults at the area and the club's supporters in general ought to take a look at themselves first!

I think Middlesbrough is a working class area with a good football team, just like us. I have no beef with the town or the club and their supporters.

I don't like it when people think I am at fault for Morris's decisions and I certainly don't think Middlesbrough fans are at fault for their owners either.

I hope it's a good game and we sing our support for Derby County 'til the end. (I like the apostrophe!) 

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

How many Red Cards and controversial decisions are we expecting with the Infallible Mike Dean in charge ??

7C364782-47B8-4F73-A979-717E57E401FF.jpeg

Been thinking of this all week  with all the talk on forums about the fans having a set to inside and outside i think it may be more of a punch up on the pitch , hope WR keeps the lid on it with a calm talk in the dressing room as that is where i think the win will come from . 

Apart from 3 glorious points , another reason for Wayne to give Boro a bloody nose if memory serves me ..... Wayne's last professional game was against Boro at the Riverside when we got spanked and I think Rooney ended up playing at left back after being useless up front and in midfield ..... The game just whizzed  past him and he knew his time was up as a player 

6 hours ago, nottingram said:

Now I know Morris ran the club badly but I refuse to believe he found out Middlesbrough agreed a £2.5m fee for Waghorn and decided he was going to bid £5m for him instead

Know where you're coming from brother, I still refuse to believe that Morris also sanctioned about 15 million for Johnson, Butterfield and Blackman.

Still doesn't meant it didn't happen though.

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think people who are telling us how to behave at Middlesbrough on Saturday whilst simultaneously throwing insults at the area and the club's supporters in general ought to take a look at themselves first!

I think Middlesbrough is a working class area with a good football team, just like us. I have no beef with the town or the club and their supporters.

I don't like it when people think I am at fault for Morris's decisions and I certainly don't think Middlesbrough fans are at fault for their owners either.

I hope it's a good game and we sing our support for Derby County 'til the end. (I like the apostrophe!) 

OK

I'll refer you to Fly Me To The Moon forum, were they have a thread devoted to songs just for the Derby game

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Their fans are happily singing about partying when our club dies, they aren't the ones deciding anything no, but they're taking delight in it. Plenty of reason to dislike their fans, to be fair. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Their fans are happily singing about partying when our club dies, they aren't the ones deciding anything no, but they're taking delight in it. Plenty of reason to dislike their fans, to be fair. 

SOME of their fans, yes. SOME of our fans are pretty obnoxious too. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I don't disagree, but let's not pretend Boro fans are getting stick for no reason. They are enjoying our demise. I think the whole lot of them are even worse than Forest and Leeds in my estimation. 

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

This forum probably has under 5% of the match going fans in its membership, no reason to think their forum won't mirror those percentages.

It's easy to think because you use a forum, then most other fans do, but it's not borne out by facts.

12 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

I wonder if our support and charting  at the game on Saturday can influence Gibson either way.

He’s pathetic and petulant so might  he further retrench in a stubborn way if he sees us belittle him for the whole game and it will make him want to get hurt us?

Or will he be the bigger man and take the moral high ground when he sees our support and love of our club and decide he should withdraw his extortionate claim for the good of football, or at least take up mel’s offer to go to court.

No, apparently Gibson is beefing up the security around him for Saturday, getting in extra police (probably send the bill to the EFL). He also making sure that tickets to seats close to the directors box are bought by Boro fans. 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Know where you're coming from brother, I still refuse to believe that Morris also sanctioned about 15 million for Johnson, Butterfield and Blackman.

Still doesn't meant it didn't happen though.

That there is our rock solid defence to any claim that we spent more money to gain an advantage...... ?

....add in Anya and you complete the rabble.. ??

3 hours ago, angieram said:

True but a lot of them support Gibson who is trying to kill DCFC 

17 minutes ago, Yani P said:

In many ways I will just be glad when this game is over win lose or draw..it has the potential to be a media circus and I don't want anything to detract from our main goals which are the successful takeover and our survival in the league this season.

I’ll second that. Winning might be important but our name and our dignity are more valuable than 3 points. 
I just want all of us, fans and players to give a good account of ourselves regardless. *

* but if serendipity grants us a win, I might find it difficult not to feel just a teensy weensy bit, errrm…. how should I put this ?triumphantly self righteous ? unnecessarily loud and intemperate ? ?

It would be a very special day. Maybe though at times like this Cloughie was right .. Before a big game ….. say nothing, win it …..then shout your mouth off.