Liam Rosenior

CBRammette

7 hours ago, David said:

We need stability at this point, that requires a manager in charge.

If we are wanting to add quality to the squad with players like Houriane dropping down to League 1, they will want to know they are in the managers plans, that can’t be offered with a will he or won’t he be here in a few weeks interim manager.

A week away from the first pre season fixture, there is simply no time to start an interview process, for that manager then to assemble a list of targets.

Rosenior is lucky in a way with the timing that he’s the most obvious and sensible choice right now.

No need for an Alan Pardew 10 year contract, 2/3 years without breaking the bank either to secure him, if he flops, no different to any other manager, he’s shown the door further down the line. 

Also in terms of experience, ok he has none, but if we can’t offer him his first job in League 1, how much lower does he need to go to be given that opportunity?

Experience guarantees you nothing in football.

I've no problem.with him starting as manager this season,we have little choice as you say and I'd he does well then let's consider keeping him on in that role.

But...I don't consider an interim role a major obstacle in recruitment of new players, especially at this late stage of pre season ..most of the players we are after will be looking desperately for a place to land in any case,whoever the gaffer may be.

I just feel that Liam had the look of a rabbit caught in the headlights when it wasn't going so well,especially pre Rooney taking over officially and I'm concerned how he will cope under the pressure of the role.

And to be honest, our tactics last season which are being attributed to Liam rather than Wayne by some,were not universally admired.....our away tactics on particular seemed to be slightly bizarre on occasion and we struggled to create goals all season (even when our limited range of strikers were fit,we were struggling for a effective pattern of play up front)

As I said though,freed from the shackles of Rooney,Liam may well be great but he's a risk and if it goes south quickly,it's better to be able to replace him and move him back into a coaching role without actually sacking him which would be pretty hard on a young aspiring manager.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've no problem.with him starting as manager this season,we have little choice as you say and I'd he does well then let's consider keeping him on in that role.

But...I don't consider an interim role a major obstacle in recruitment of new players, especially at this late stage of pre season ..most of the players we are after will be looking desperately for a place to land in any case,whoever the gaffer may be.

I just feel that Liam had the look of a rabbit caught in the headlights when it wasn't going so well,especially pre Rooney taking over officially and I'm concerned how he will cope under the pressure of the role.

And to be honest, our tactics last season which are being attributed to Liam rather than Wayne by some,were not universally admired.....our away tactics on particular seemed to be slightly bizarre on occasion and we struggled to create goals all season (even when our limited range of strikers were fit,we were struggling for a effective pattern of play up front)

As I said though,freed from the shackles of Rooney,Liam may well be great but he's a risk and if it goes south quickly,it's better to be able to replace him and move him back into a coaching role without actually sacking him which would be pretty hard on a young aspiring manager.

An interim appointment is obviously sensible and I don’t think they should be rushing to find a permanent. Rosenoir deserves his chance. He was exemplary when he stepped aside and supported Rooney in his first foray into management. Not a single moment when he didn’t give him his full support it seemed, and many would have harboured resentment. This change in ownership is about a change in culture as much as anything and we could do much worse than have LR at the football helm 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You say you’re concerned if he will cope under the pressure of the role, however I would say this season is almost a free hit given the situation.

Don’t get me wrong, relegation again would be a disaster and I’m sure he would be relieved of his duties if this became a real risk.

It’s just we’re all just incredibly thankful that we have a club, there doesn’t appear to be any real expectation and an appreciation of how difficult the rebuild job is.

This summer is not about recruiting for a long term vision, a style of play, it’s almost a supermarket sweep to get players in that will allow us to be competitive. Next summer will be when plans will be in place to mould the team under the manager/clubs vision.

So whilst we have no points deductions, we’re in a similar position to last season where the pressure is off.

I think we should definitely give Rosenior a chance. He's the one who did the on-field training translating Rooneys ideas of football into actual matches. He also knows the club inside out by now, and knows the players we've got left to use. Getting some one else new in along with a bunch of totally new squad would be a recipe for disaster as no one will know what the hell they're doing.

8 minutes ago, David said:

You say you’re concerned if he will cope under the pressure of the role, however I would say this season is almost a free hit given the situation.

Don’t get me wrong, relegation again would be a disaster and I’m sure he would be relieved of his duties if this became a real risk.

It’s just we’re all just incredibly thankful that we have a club, there doesn’t appear to be any real expectation and an appreciation of how difficult the rebuild job is.

This summer is not about recruiting for a long term vision, a style of play, it’s almost a supermarket sweep to get players in that will allow us to be competitive. Next summer will be when plans will be in place to mould the team under the manager/clubs vision.

So whilst we have no points deductions, we’re in a similar position to last season where the pressure is off.

Agree to a certain extent but I still think there will be an expectation, rightly or wrongly, that Derby should be competitive in League 1 regardless.  We will be seen as one of the real big boys in this league and if we are bottom 6 after 15 games the pressure will start to build. No points deductions, similar budgets to other teams so more of an equal playing field than last season when everything was stacked against us ?

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree to a certain extent but I still think there will be an expectation, rightly or wrongly, that Derby should be competitive in League 1 regardless.  We will be seen as one of the real big boys in this league and if we are bottom 6 after 15 games the pressure will start to build. No points deductions, similar budgets to other teams so more of an equal playing field than last season when everything was stacked against us ?

Agree we want to be competitive, absolutely, we’re in a far better situation that Bolton were in terms of players at the club so there will be an expectation not to find ourselves in another relegation battle, but in terms of promotion, the pressure will largely be off this season and rightly so.

We’re going to have a new squad of players, that’s going to take time to gel, become a unit on and off the pitch. Some signings will flop, that’s a given, if we’re comfortably mid table this season that’s a great base to build on for next season.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we need someone better than chris Houghton.

I think darren wassel be a good number 2 with laim did a good job with youth players.

That's a good call with DW.  As for Chris Houghton, no thanks!

Special if were looking inside for new assistant I think laim desevse a chance at this now l.

I know this might seem total insane but hear me out okay.

I wander if rooney be willing to invest into derby county but also might be willing to do a little bit scouting into players with us.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Special if were looking inside for new assistant I think laim desevse a chance at this now l.

I know this might seem total insane but hear me out okay.

I wander if rooney be willing to invest into derby county but also might be willing to do a little bit scouting into players with us.

yeah ur right. it is insane ??

Edited by Ram-a-lama fa fa fa