Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

I think today’s selection was a miscalculation - made sense against a back 3, but Cooper is too astute to play the wrong formation for long.

How Samba was on the pitch at the end of the match is a mystery - should’ve been subbed OR sent off, take you pick. Can’t believe we got rattled by a concussed mummy.

Injury time was a joke, the ball was barely in play. I’d want us to do the same but I’d expect the referee to be on our case more than he was on Forest.

We move on. We have much bigger issues to deal with, and a win today wouldn’t have changed that.

Edited by Duracell

14 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

1-0 down and the opposition on the break saw atleast 4 players in our team walking back to defend which results in them grabbing a second goal with more than one unmarked in the Box , absolutely shameful heart and desire in this game, should be ashamed , if I was byrne busting my gut to defend then with no-one else wanting to do the same I'd be livid screaming at each player , not good enough, really upset with the performance on show today 

I'm ashamed of 'supporters' like you who can't wait to turn on these players who have been giving absolutely everything for us, despite the circumstances they find themselves in.

I'm really upset that people like you can't wait to crawl out of the woodwork at the first sign of adversity and quite frankly I'd be quite happy to lose 'fans' like you.

2 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Clumsy but not a red

This

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Poorly managed game. By us and the ref. 

This. They had two potential red cards not given, both much more so than Ravel who lost control of the ball and lunged when he shouldn't, but the ref was suckered into thinking it was much more dangerous than it actually was. Having spent the final 10 minutes (incl the injury time) giving the Gumps every decision to ensure we couldn't build up a head of steam for the finale.

The ref was never going to allow us to build any momentum this game with his obsession with blowing the whistle for the smallest foul, despite missing the obvious red card challenge from Grabban in the first half. We were pretty dreadful though, other than the Lawrence chance which he had to score, we didn't create anything at all and were pretty hopeless. 

Am I the only one who thinks that Morrison slows everything down to much, destroying any attacking momentum we build? Thought the red was harsh as his foot was obviously lifted by glancing off the ball, but I, for one, won't be sorry that we will be using different midfield options for the next three games.