Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

Thinking of going into Derby to watch the game in a pub which I have not done for years.

Please can anyone recommend a pub that serves good beer and shows the game.

Maybe the Bless?

At the moment it’s sitting in the Worm has Turned with a pair of binoculars to the sport bar across the street.?

3 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

6 minutes in applause for a young lad that passed away aged 6.

Was going to share this as well, the family of the young lad are friends of my partner's family.

I appreciate emotions are running high at the minute and will be even more so on Saturday with barbs about our current situation no doubt coming out way from the forest fans but would implore all rams going to the game to respect this and to even join in if possible.

What we thinking selection wise (assuming no departures) in the interim?

Allsop

Byrne Stearman Davies Festy

all pick themselves, as do Bird, Thompson and Knight.

Lawrence

Then the last two position between Jozwiak/another  Colin/Plange

Or maybe Foz LB and Festy out wide?

Forest threats are Johnson's pace which up against Foz and Davies is a little frightening to say the least, so maybe leave Festy on the left and try and force him and Spence into their own half more?

Davis looks like a bit of a beast, so could be a test for Byrne/Stearman.

Go tough to be beat for 60mins, then bring on Colin? Or start with him, but not have much by way of threat off the bench?

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Selection wise is a "who is still at the club" isn't it?

I am wondering if the admin are going to think, if they have to sell, they'll do it all in the last week and between now and then make whatever desperate efforts to find funds elsewhere? 

Not sure if that's the best practice, but it's what I think will happen.

Strange for one of the biggest matches of most seasons to be overshadowed in such a way, the bigger picture understandably takes priority. 
I suspect the atmosphere will be more fiery than normal with plenty of their fans keen to rub salt in. Assuming the squad isn’t further depleted I would go with;

Allsop

Byrne, Stearman, Davies, Fozzy

Knight, Bird, Thomson

Festy (or Joz), Plange, Lawrence

Look to take the game to then, Festy to scare em with his pace, hope for a good performance and another good result, regardless of their good form.

5 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Strange for one of the biggest matches of most seasons to be overshadowed in such a way, the bigger picture understandably takes priority. 
I suspect the atmosphere will be more fiery than normal with plenty of their fans keen to rub salt in. Assuming the squad isn’t further depleted I would go with;

Allsop

Byrne, Stearman, Davies, Fozzy

Knight, Bird, Thomson

Festy (or Joz), Plange, Lawrence

Look to take the game to then, Festy to scare em with his pace, hope for a good performance and another good result, regardless of their good form.

There are actually plenty of normal people who will be at the game who follow forest who will know how close they are to serious trouble and be aware of how their club have been masking costs although there will be plenty who will be thinking they will be promoted due to winning  a few more points than a side with pensionable footballers and under 21s       

On 17/01/2022 at 15:15, cstand said:

Thinking of going into Derby to watch the game in a pub which I have not done for years.

Please can anyone recommend a pub that serves good beer and shows the game.

Maybe the Bless?

At the moment it’s sitting in the Worm has Turned with a pair of binoculars to the sport bar across the street.?

I think the Silk Mill has Sky now - can someone please confirm?