The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Oh god - yet more delays with Ashley now appearing interested.

No thanks at all to him. Can anyone find anything good he did in Newcastle?

In the Prem, ran sustainably, backed his managers.  I’d take 12th place in the Prem with no debt right now.  And the occasional cup run.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Left them in a financially healthy position in the Premier League and sold them to a hugely wealthy buyer? 

14 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Ran them at a profit - didn’t put them in administration. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Kept them in the Prem most years.

Yeah but apart from all that….just what did he do for Newcastle ??

Year upon year of mediocrity, a fan base completely disgruntled, a stadium falling apart (there is a great tweet out there about a fan who took his own screwdriver/screws to fix his seat), crap football and no desire on what to achieve in the future.

Yes I want the club run on a sensible ship but do we honestly want this bloke to be the one who does it. Has anyone actually read about how Sports Direct treat their staff up in Chesterfield? If you haven’t - just Google it.

Sorry but Appleby and co over this guy any time of the day.

Oh and whoever posted that one of the positives was selling to a Saudi Prince… made me laugh for sure.

I think Ashley would be a good fit for Derby - I take no notice of what Newcastle fans think, as they are absolutely deluded to think that Newcastle Utd is a huge Football Club - yrs it’s a huge club in the North East, but on a National level, that’s just ludicrous. Ashley took a financial sink hole of a club and made it financially very stable and sold it for a huge profit . Newcastle Utd will never compete with the big boys, no matter how much money the Arabs throw at it - top world class players will never want to play for clubs like Newcastle, as it’s geographically negative - players will only want to ho to London, Manchester and Liverpool clubs. 
Ashley would be fantastic for Derby County Football Club. He would never put us on financial jeopardy and that’s why he is a top businessman, unlike the carpet baggers we become used to in recent years.  

Edited by Keepyuppy

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Says exclusivity granted by the end of January.....not imminently or 48 hours, but then Mike Ashley always swoops on distressed businesses at the eleventh hour. He’s certainly got the funds to make a massive difference.

It's pretty much his MO anyway.

TBH as tacky and naff as sports direct is, there's nothing to suggest he's actually a bad owner. Whenever Newcastle got in troubles or went down he got them back then ran them more or less at break even. Just Newcastle fans thought they deserved better.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Oh and whoever posted that one of the positives was selling to a Saudi Prince… made me laugh for sure.

In what way is that not a positive? In modern football if you want to compete that is what you need. 

If Appleby had sufficient readies then I think everyone would prefer him to Ashley. But it sounds like Appleby and co are pulling pounds and pennies from anyone willing to give. Not sure I fancy us kicking around league 1 for numerous seasons and then finishing 16th in the championship for 5 seasons. 

One things for sure Ashley won’t want us being a league 1 club for long and if we can replicate Newcastle. 17th in the prem sounds like the dream. 

The reason Mike Ashley isn’t in the highest regard at Newcastle is because NUFC supporters think they should be above the top 6 year on year. 

Their expectations are way too high, ours aren’t. 

Bring it on Mike and thank you for taking an interest in our club.