The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, NottmRAM said:

We would be relegated for sure. We'll have an attendence of around 16,000 and no players of championship quality. Last season was all about sticking it to the EFL but next season on -15 points, it will be down to the new owner. No group of players will put in 100% every week when it's the owners fault and the fans will throw the towel in also.

But the "bring Mike Ashley in" brigade don't see it.

15 points deduction next season will mean League Two the following season.

So who is your bringing in given the choice might be minus 15 or liquidation and start at the very bottom again with our golden ticket gone and a phoenix club?

1, Ashley may pay enough to avoid minus 15

2, if you can magic up a buyer who is willing to pay enough to avoid it then I’m all ears 

beggars can’t be choosers but the fantasy brigade just can’t see it

Edited by Archied

18 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I think the club's immortality, at present, is difficult for many to comprehend.

We are flailing around in the Pacific Ocean with sharks everywhere.  We are hundreds of miles from shore.  We need a boat, a dinghy, a high flying jet to call for help and bring someone to us.  If someone comes and offers us a hand up, but we're sleeping with the livestock so be it.   We can start our lives again when we get onto dry land.  

We are beggars and we cannot be choosers.  

Sheep sh@g army! ?

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Really does feel like we are back to square 1 today and the most alarming thing about that is it might mean we need another 2,000 pages on this forum topic before we're back to almost not being disappointed.

We are and we aren't.

We had a non serious buyer, who slipped through the net to be "preferred".  When he was offered PBS that is when we were back to square one.  No movement, but illusionary movement.

Now he has gone, the jeopardy has increased - but progress is being made.  Without jeopardy, this is never going to end until the debt is so large, any deal will involve us being essentially a business loan with a football club attached.  

1 minute ago, CBX1985 said:

We are and we aren't.

We had a non serious buyer, who slipped through the net to be "preferred".  When he was offered PBS that is when we were back to square one.  No movement, but illusionary movement.

Now he has gone, the jeopardy has increased - but progress is being made.  Without jeopardy, this is never going to end until the debt is so large, any deal will involve us being essentially a business loan with a football club attached.  

Well I think personal that to confirm maybe a new deal struck already and maybe who ever it is paid whole lot in one go.

4 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

We are and we aren't.

Yep , we are now at the point we should have been months ago , the fantasy buyer is gone, he was never going to buy us and all he has done is waste time and fool some fans into believing we are not in the absolute dire life threatening position we are in ,

now we see how much anybody who is willing and able to put the money in is actually prepared to pay for what is the shell mel Morris left of derby county,

if he had a shred of decency he would swallow his loss on the stadium and hand it over to the man prepared to service the debts and mess and perhaps build us up again , 

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

The Mike Ashley brigade remind me of a young Stive - going to a night club hoping to pull

Dancing with a few nice-looking girls, who inevitably lose interest and cop off with someone much more handsome/rich/funny than me

At which point, around 2:30am, I look to see who is left - and it's slim pickings I'm afraid. Just that one girl, who every one knows is bad news, but is guaranteed to give you a knee trembler in the Blacksmith's Yard if you let her know you're up for it.

You wouldn't ever want a serious relationship with her, but hey  - it's now 2:45am. They are kicking out. It's getting desperate

10 minutes later, you're down the alleyway. As you achieve your goal - you look down at her....she looks up at you...

you say, tenderly but with a hint of regret...

"has anyone ever told you that you look a bit like that Mike Ashley, love?"

You are Ian Holloway - and I claim my £5.

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Have Jordan and Nixon ever been seen in the same room ?

There were always a few seedy characters in long macs standing at the back of her photo shoots, but Nixon was working for the Daily Mirror when Jordan was at The Sun, so possibly not.

6 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Ashley will pay enough to avoid the -15, he’s just trying to shaft over the admins because they deserve it 

If that were the case he would have done a deal in Dec/Jan. Trying to shaft the admins is cutting off his nose to spite his face in terms of the damage it has done and continues to do to the club the longer it goes on. 

27 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

If that were the case he would have done a deal in Dec/Jan. Trying to shaft the admins is cutting off his nose to spite his face in terms of the damage it has done and continues to do to the club the longer it goes on. 

It was impossible for anyone to do a deal in December/January. The EFL saw to that with their tacit support for the Boro/Gibson claim. No one could buy the club with a potential additional £50m liability they would have had to sign up to.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

The EFL announcement specifically mentioned negotiating directly with bidders over the transfer of the golden share. If they negotiate to transfer it to someone that Quantuma don't agree with, then there will be a serious problem.  Regardless of whether you agree with the job Quantuma have done, they are the ones that are court-appointed to sort it out, not the EFL.

It would be a interesting point if Q got a good deal for the creditors from a buyer but the EFL decided they would not pass on the golden share to the buyer selected by Q. I think the EFL would be skating on very, very thin ice.

I thought perhaps  the reference to the Golden Share , in the EFLs statement, was perhaps aimed at MA, if MA waited for Derby to go into liquidation then he might be able to buy the club but the Golden Share would not automatically be included in the sale of the club.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

1 hour ago, Archied said:

So who is your bringing in given the choice might be minus 15 or liquidation and start at the very bottom again with our golden ticket gone and a phoenix club?

1, Ashley may pay enough to avoid minus 15

2, if you can magic up a buyer who is willing to pay enough to avoid it then I’m all ears 

beggars can’t be choosers but the fantasy brigade just can’t see it

Wow, you're rattled. Calm down before you give yourself a coronary. I'm optimistic we can get a buyer without -15. You're a pessimist. 

Logjam: A situation in which neither group involved in an argument can win or gain an advantage and no action can be taken!

The day ends with an impasse.

Q can't move forward without getting the minimum that the creditors are entitled to.

Potential new owners appear to be unwilling to offer more than the money they've offered.

I wonder if there's a potential route forward, I believe a business person, offered to buy the ground if ck paid the creditors the minimum amount.

If that offers still available but to any new potential offer, does that make paying just the minimum amount to the creditors, more affordable.

It would depend on the person who agreed to buy the ground as offer to ck, being willing to make the same deal to any other potential owners.

In any case why are Q not willing to listen to offers below the minimum payment to creditors, probably legally required to do that.

Yet I see no reason that the highest bid regardless of whether it meets the minimum amount to pay the creditors, couldn't be put to the creditors with the statement, its this amount or nothing.

Because if the club's liquidated, I think the creditors, will get less than the amount offered to them if the minimum amount owed to creditors is not met.