Let's make Sunday "Duck the EFL day".

Rev

Its all down to Morris and his mate really trying to pull a flanker before realising he couldnt and then just walking away and leaving us in the lurch, EFL just applying the rules so dont see any point in a protest myself. Time to move on. You dont need to spend millions to get up the leagues as much smaller clubs than Derby have proven over recent seasons.

26 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There's only one person to blame for all of this, one..

He's lied to us, conned us and left us high and dry.

The EFL are applying rules that are in place for every single club. 

We've lost more than we should. 

Morris tried to flount the rules, failed and left us.

Putting us in administration was the final nail.

But if you wanna sing F the EFL for applying punishments to us for breaking rules that we knew were there and knew what the punishment would be then go ahead.

You're right in much of what you say, but the EFL did introduce some new sanctions in June of this year, purely coincidentally of course, which had the effect of strangling DCFC alone in respect of making changes to the playing squad. 

And they've never adequately addressed the transgressions of teams who cheated and connived their way to promotion and, in one case, the PL title. So forgive me if I don't hold them in quite such high regard. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Live on Sky in front of the nation, let's have 90 minutes of the above chant loud and clear. 

I wanna see it scrawled on bedsheets and T-shirts, maybe get the kids involved to come up with creative banners.

Maybe get Rooney to scribble it on his clipboard too.

Duck the efl every day

Chanting abuse aimed at the EFL on Sunday will achieve the sum total of duck all and just make us look like a bunch of mardy twits. How about we conduct ourselves with a bit of dignity and just get behind the team for the rest of the season instead? We are going down to League One but we will have new owners and a clean slate by then so I'd rather put my energy into giving the team the support they deserve for the rest of the season. 

Edited by Jayram

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

But if you wanna sing F the EFL for applying punishments to us for breaking rules that we knew were there and knew what the punishment would be then go ahead.

I take your point but our useless CEO has to take a big portion of the blame.

I mean what exactly did Stephen Pearce actually do? What was his job supposed to be? Considering he was first Finance Director and later CEO can we not deduce that he was possibly the biggest driver of our kamikaze accounting? Perhaps even taking more of the blame than Mel? (Who of course has to shoulder a lot of blame)

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree mostly. However, we have been under some form of embargo for 2 seasons and will continue to be under some form for possibly another 2. I don't think that is remotely fair, there has definitely been a willingness on the EFL to ensure we get overly shafted through a long drawn out saga.

Mel, Pearce, the EFL, they have all been inadequate ( to say the least) during this process.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Except the EFL originally signed off the amortisation approach and then changed their minds after allegedly receiving pressure from other clubs.

They didn't accept the result of the first hearing - so spat their dummies out with an appeal.

Continually pushed to have the points penalty applied last season so thus their actions were trying to punish us last year.

Ignoring the above, and going with the black/white - the EFL's rules are punishing the fans and not the owners who are responsible. 

So yes, whilst Morris and Co have done an unbelievably bad job running this club financially, the EFL have also not covered themselves in much glory.

I completely agree that this needs fixing, we can't have the situation every year where the relegation spots are, at least partially, filled with clubs who have been docked points. That's not the football league, that's the accounting league. Mel's original beef, with parachute payments, is also a fair one and there is a link between the two - without parachute payments clubs can't buy ther way back and lesser clubs don't have to stretch themselves to breaking to keep up.

But, this ultimately has nothing to do with what the EFL did and didn't sign off. The point (excuse the pun) remains that it was Mel's cavalier ownership that caused us to buy Butterfield, Johnson, Olson, Blackman, Anya et al. That was what left us where we are today, left us unable to pay wages, transfer fees, ticket refunds and local suppliers. Not some governing body reversing it's view on our amortisation policy.

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

The point (excuse the pun) remains that it was Mel's cavalier ownership that caused us to buy Butterfield, Johnson, Olson, Blackman, Anya et al. 

But at least we had an enormous amount of fun and success along the way and get to tell the grandkids we saw these players in the flesh, right?

8 minutes ago, alram said:

How about we actually see us for actually breaking the rules which is what we did. This complex of blaming everyone but mel morris is beyond strange! 

the only thing that chanting about the efl will make us look like is fools

We literally didn't break any rules as they were written at the time.

This complex for taking nothing into account but your hatred of one individual is beyond strange.

Acknowledging the faults of other parties isn't absolving Mel Morris of blame for his own actions.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Live on Sky in front of the nation, let's have 90 minutes of the above chant loud and clear. 

I wanna see it scrawled on bedsheets and T-shirts, maybe get the kids involved to come up with creative banners.

Hell yes we should do this let's show efl how mad we are with them.

Let's do this.

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Hell yes we should do this let's show efl how mad we are with them.

Let's do this.

14 minutes ago, Duracell said:

But at least we had an enormous amount of fun and success along the way and get to tell the grandkids we saw these players in the flesh, right?

Absolutely, that run from Anya, that scorcher from Blackman, that tackle from Butterfield - oh golden days.

In all honesty, it was a lot of money to spend on one Olsson goal against the Red Dogs