Let's make Sunday "Duck the EFL day".

Rev

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Don't bite, mate.
You're better than that.

Go make a brew.

?

Thanks Mucker.

It's just when you see a poster's name come up time and again and  a large proportion of their posts over a number of weeks are calling others stupids, blind, biased, brainwashed etc for not being as targetedly angry as they are....

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

One game from the Premiership I think you meant 

But yer totally agree with your sentiments. Let's blame the EFL, the administrators, Covid and everyone else rather than vent our spleen at the person who orchestrated our current predicament. 

He completed purchase in Sep 2015, the season before we rolled out of the play off places after a 3-0 home loss to Reading (sorry to remind you) on the last day of the season. But hey, play offs, a doddle, waltz them every time.

Edited by BaaLocks

3 hours ago, Jayram said:

Chanting abuse aimed at the EFL on Sunday will achieve the sum total of duck all and just make us look like a bunch of mardy twits. How about we conduct ourselves with a bit of dignity and just get behind the team for the rest of the season instead? We are going down to League One but we will have new owners and a clean slate by then so I'd rather put my energy into giving the team the support they deserve for the rest of the season. 

We can do both, @Jayram. I'm a firm believer that silence gives assent and whilst those running the club have got us into this mess and must bear the a huge portion of the blame, the Efl also seem to have been contrary and especially vindictive in their pursuit of us whilst turning a blind eye to the same misdoings of other clubs. It seemed that the efl had a poorly hidden agenda to make an example of us and settle personal scores and that needs to be called out. We could protest in a more dignified way but feelings are raw at the moment as the fans and the team have done nothing wrong but are the ones who are most hurt and being punished.

26 minutes ago, Miggins said:

We can do both, @Jayram. I'm a firm believer that silence gives assent and whilst those running the club have got us into this mess and must bear the a huge portion of the blame, the Efl also seem to have been contrary and especially vindictive in their pursuit of us whilst turning a blind eye to the same misdoings of other clubs. It seemed that the efl had a poorly hidden agenda to make an example of us and settle personal scores and that needs to be called out. We could protest in a more dignified way but feelings are raw at the moment as the fans and the team have done nothing wrong but are the ones who are most hurt and being punished.

Look why should we not show our anger at efl. We have every right to come out with banners the works against efl.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Thanks Mucker.

It's just when you see a poster's name come up time and again and  a large proportion of their posts over a number of weeks are calling others stupids, blind, biased, brainwashed etc for not being as targetedly angry as they are....

Yer see, that's where I'm lucky, as my lousy memory works fantastically well on here. 
Of course, I can spot a wum post, absolute BS, and even the downright offensive, but the beauty is, I can never remember who said what, when, and where, so I can never build up that "perceived character trait".
Ergo, I'll never pre-judge, and never put on anyone on Ignore.

... And I'll never have any favourites, either!  ?

??

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look why should we not show our anger at efl. We have every right to come out with banners the works against efl.

B4, I absolutely agree with you and that was the point I was making. I hate to remain silent when the efl has done such an injustice to our club. 

Mel Morris and his staff are to blame for our position, but the efl have added to this by their unfair and vindictive  treatment of our club. They have not applied their standards and rules to other clubs who are in a similar position to Derby. We seem to have been singled out for very unfair treatment. We must show our anger because if we don't this might be seen by the efl as agreeing with our punishment. Yes, the Derby fans have every right to come out and protest with banners. Keep the faith! ?

We can chant duck the efl or Mel Morris but it won't make the slightest difference the points have been docked and our fate pretty much sealed . I suggest get behind the players have a bit of fun for the rest of the season try and upset as many teams as we can by beating them particularly the red dogs. The efl have a vendetta against us and Mel ran the club badly you're all correct but duck it let's put this whole poo tsunami behind us. 

I've had a good long look in the mirror since being called a special kind of stupid, and agree that children shouldn't be exposed to such strong language, sorry for the suggestion.

If we can make sure only pre-reading age children are holding up brightly coloured 'Duck the EFL' posters, I'd suggest that as a compromise.

9 minutes ago, Miggins said:

B4, I absolutely agree with you and that was the point I was making. I hate to remain silent when the efl has done such an injustice to our club. 

Mel Morris and his staff are to blame for our position, but the efl have added to this by their unfair and vindictive  treatment of our club. They have not applied their standards and rules to other clubs who are in a similar position to Derby. We seem to have been singled out for very unfair treatment. We must show our anger because if we don't this might be seen by the efl as agreeing with our punishment. Yes, the Derby fans have every right to come out and protest with banners. Keep the faith! ?

I suppose you can look at it two ways:-

one:- Show to the footballing world how unfit for purpose the EFL are and try to protect clubs that find them subjected to the bizarre tactics of distorting the facts to their own agendas.

two:- Comply and come back via league one and laugh at them.

To be honest I can see it from both points

My preferred option however would be to beat the drop and then call them out!

Wishful thinking on my part.

2 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

We can chant duck the efl or Mel Morris but it won't make the slightest difference the points have been docked and our fate pretty much sealed . I suggest get behind the players have a bit of fun for the rest of the season try and upset as many teams as we can by beating them particularly the red dogs. The efl have a vendetta against us and Mel ran the club badly you're all correct but duck it let's put this whole poo tsunami behind us. 

I don't think the words to chants need to be realistic, truly relevant, or be able to make a difference, to be fair.

I've lost count of the times I've sang about "Following The Derby over land and sea".  And yet I think the nearest I got was The Goldstone Ground, back in '79!  ?

"We're gonna win the cup... and now you're gonna believe us"!  Nope... Not in my lifetime!

"By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen"?  Hmm... contentious!

I won't really spend the rest of my days fighting, despite... or because of... Boxing day.  And I seriously doubt I will ever actually defecate, whilst miraculously keeping myself airborne over West Bridgeford!*

... And as for a certain Mr Powell being a genius of any sort, football or otherwise!**

*Actually... ignore that one.
If I ever did find myself ferociously flapping my arms high above the Trent, I probably would poo myself!  ?

**Sorry Mr Powell... I love you really... mate!   ?

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

Haven't those who got us into the mess already gone?