Let's make Sunday "Duck the EFL day".

Rev

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Live on Sky in front of the nation, let's have 90 minutes of the above chant loud and clear. 

I wanna see it scrawled on bedsheets and T-shirts, maybe get the kids involved to come up with creative banners.

Maybe get Rooney to scribble it on his clipboard too.

It'll be a change from the Collymore chant.

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

We literally didn't break any rules as they were written at the time.

This complex for taking nothing into account but your hatred of one individual is beyond strange.

Acknowledging he faults of other parties isn't absolving Mel Morris of blame for his own actions.

Whether we did, or whether we didn't, is actually irrelevant. What we did do (or rather what he did do) was run a club beyond it's means, write cheques we literally couldn't cash and own the club with a level of irresponsibility that will ultimately mean that many suppliers, employees and fans are financially impacted by it.

Stop this drivel about points, amortisation and who was wrong done to and start looking at the fact we are in administration and many other local suppliers will suffer as a result.

5 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Whether we did, or whether we didn't, is actually irrelevant. What we did do (or rather what he did do) was run a club beyond it's means, write cheques we literally couldn't cash and own the club with a level of irresponsibility that will ultimately mean that many suppliers, employees and fans are financially impacted by it.

Stop this drivel about points, amortisation and who was wrong done to and start looking at the fact we are in administration and many other local suppliers will suffer as a result.

Did you miss the bit where I said 'Acknowledging the faults of other parties isn't absolving Mel Morris of blame for his own actions'?

Nobody is claiming Mel Morris isn't a bad guy in all of this or disputing that he ran the club poorly.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There's only one person to blame for all of this, one..

He's lied to us, conned us and left us high and dry.

The EFL are applying rules that are in place for every single club. 

We've lost more than we should. 

Morris tried to flount the rules, failed and left us.

Putting us in administration was the final nail.

But if you wanna sing F the EFL for applying punishments to us for breaking rules that we knew were there and knew what the punishment would be then go ahead.

Personally I don't think it's a case of picking one side over another. We are all aware of the absolute carnage MM has created and caused whilst at the same time, it's pretty obvious that the EFL, while having it in for MM, and subsequently us, have been nasty, vindictive and disgustingly protectionist of their own 'institution' and have failed at every step to safeguard the club's best interests (as they say they do) to ensure that this fine club can survive and move forward. Their behaviour, like MM's has been utterly appalling.

I'm staggered that some people can think the EFL have behaved perfectly fine and justified throughout this whole process. 

28 minutes ago, alram said:

How about we actually see us for actually breaking the rules which is what we did. This complex of blaming everyone but mel morris is beyond strange! 

the only thing that chanting about the efl will make us look like is fools

Don’t join in then mate. It’s quite simple. 

8 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Nobody is claiming Mel Morris isn't a bad guy in all of this or disputing that he ran the club poorly.

Bad guy? He put a club that was one game away from the play offs into administration within six years. Too right he was a bad guy, too right he ran the club poorly. A damn site more poorly than all those small business run their own companies, even though they now won't get paid from DCFC thanks to Mel's ramshackle business manner.

• Mel called out the EFL for agreeing to a crap TV deal - they didn't like that.....
  • Mel questioned whether they were the best people to run the league - they didn't like that either.....
  • Mel thought he was cleverer than the EFL by finding a number of legitimate ways through their poorly thought-through/written 'rules' - they didn't like that at all.....
  • Mel put the club into admin thinking there was a valid case to argue against the 12 points - they hated that as it might have opened the floodgates for other clubs to follow.....
  • Mel left the building - the EFL didn't care because by then the terms Derby County and Mel Morris were interchangeable in their eyes.
  • The EFL did their very best to kill Derby County - they may still have succeeded.....we shall see.

I don’t think fans need to be Team Mel or Team EFL. I think the blame lies at both parties door. 

The losers in this are; the fans, local business, employees and if you wish to play it this way Wycombe. The fact of the matter is that Mel has got off with his millions in his back pocket and the EFL have won.   

Ultimately we’ve gambled on the proviso that if you spend enough money you’ll get up. In every other teams case this gamble has seemed to work. Just typical Derby that we’re the one team that this irresponsible approach hasn’t worked for. If it had Mel Morris would’ve been a hero in everyone’s eyes. For me it’s the fact he has plenty of money and has put us in to administration out of pettiness that we were starting to question his actions which leaves me feeling bitter towards him. 

I also don’t believe that the EFL are innocent or simply playing by the rules. They signed off everything and only took a second glance when Boro kicked up a stink. It’s irrelevant whether we cheated or not if they signed it off the blame and punishment should sit with them. 

It’s going to be 50/50 as to whether fans decide to be dignified or give it to the EFL every weekend. But ultimately both actions are irrelevant if we don’t get ownership soon. 

If we do get ownership does the squad restrictions get lifted? This is the bit I’m unsure about. If they don’t then that’s rather depressing looking  at next season.

13 minutes ago, alram said:

the efl are in legal battles because of us and have been in one with us for years upon years now. 

the efl are as useless as they come but what are they supposed to do. it is funny how the efl only seem to hate us and nobody else. it is an easy cop out, we all know who is to blame. he took the piss for years and has burnt the club to the ground, he should never be welcome in Derby again.

as said above he has lied to everybody for years, kept details from everybody for years, made everybodies life difficult for years. at the end of it you always reap what you sow, unfortauntely for us mel has done all this in the GREAT NAME OF Derby COUNTY and has jumped ship when the consequences of his childish and careless actions have come round

Maybe if the EFL hadn’t appealed the first independent decision ??‍♂️

42 minutes ago, alram said:

what is factually incorrect about any of that information?

Easy. The people you claim 'know we broke the rules' only actually 'thought' we broke the rules!

Bit weird you shouting the words INDEPENDENT PANEL at me when they also agreed that we hadn't really broken any rules, but were practically forced against their will to set a sanction for us by way of having to accept the opinion of an 'expert witness' over their own purely because he had no opposition.

If a new rule on this forum is put into place which outlaws the use of the words "Mel Morris" from this point forward, I'm sure you'll accept a posting ban for having done so half an hour ago and for me to put together a list of people who knew you were breaking forum rules when you posted it!? That's essentially what your post is.

I think it's quite clear from your posting history that you're a rather unpleasant individual fuelled by hate and little else, so there's not really much more to say to you.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

27 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Bad guy? He put a club that was one game away from the play offs into administration within six years. Too right he was a bad guy, too right he ran the club poorly. A damn site more poorly than all those small business run their own companies, even though they now won't get paid from DCFC thanks to Mel's ramshackle business manner.

One game from the Premiership I think you meant 

But yer totally agree with your sentiments. Let's blame the EFL, the administrators, Covid and everyone else rather than vent our spleen at the person who orchestrated our current predicament. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

One game from the Premiership I think you meant 

But yer totally agree with your sentiments. Let's blame the EFL, the administrators, Covid and everyone else rather than vent our spleen at the person who orchestrated our current predicament. 

Yeah give us your 80 million pound ground for free you bamford