Let's make Sunday "Duck the EFL day".

Rev

40 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought, if we fail to stick to the business plan then we’ll incur the extra 3 point deduction I referred to (maybe I’ve got that wrong) and if the takeover doesn’t happen then surely we’ve got bigger problems than what the EFL might charge us with.

We don’t what the business plan is or how it will operate . They might force us to sell our best players for less than they are worth. They might impose unreasonable salary caps so we cannot compete. 

and if a takeover doesn’t happen it would be the Efl that could throw the club out if the League and not let us back in again. 

What about spending the entire 90 minutes doing something a little more constructive like getting behind the team and Rooney ? They are innocent in this debacle like us the fans, ok they get paid and they are just doing a job but a lot of the younger lads are having their futures put into doubt, players like Bird and Knight are going to find it very hard to get international call ups in division 1, and the EFL are applying the rules that we were supposed to adhere to, the fault with this lies entirely at the door of MM wherever that is nowdays !

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

We don’t what the business plan is or how it will operate . They might force us to sell our best players for less than they are worth. They might impose unreasonable salary caps so we cannot compete. 

and if a takeover doesn’t happen it would be the Efl that could throw the club out if the League and not let us back in again. 

If the takeover doesn’t happen there won’t be a club will there? If that were to happen but a Phoenix club created then surely it wouldn’t be thrown of the league (as a new club it was never in it). It’s just a question of at which level the FA allowed the club to compete (as per the recent Macclesfield FC documentary).

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Well I am all for letting Morris know what I think of him, and the damage he has done to our club. I would love it, absolutely love it, if in the next 2 years our new owners built us another stadium, and PPS was left as an empty shell by way of legacy.

Kim Tate Eye Roll GIF by Emmerdale

Now, now. Don’t go throwing a Paddy ?

50 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yeah, it's actually Lionel Pickering's legacy, so I'd prefer that we get it back.

It's a great stadium in the right place for our club. It already has a history and huge significance for a generation of supporters who barely or never knew the Baseball Ground.

Mel Morris may be the current custodian but it will come back to the new owners.

Why would we want anyone to spend £80 million plus building a new one? 

55 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's a great stadium in the right place for our club. It already has a history and huge significance for a generation of supporters who barely or never knew the Baseball Ground.

Mel Morris may be the current custodian but it will come back to the new owners.

Why would we want anyone to spend £80 million plus building a new one? 

It would cost much more than £80 million to build a new one.

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

If the takeover does not happen that is the end. EFL not required, administration will shut it down