Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Really quite concerned about this season more, last season we stayed up by grace of going Infront in a number of games then not conceding but when we did go behind we invariably got nothing from the game.

This season we can't seem to keep a clean sheet to be able to allow us to do that. I can't see our attacking potency increasing significantly if Rooney's gameplan is to fanny around the back with the ball inviting pressure on us. 

We are very easy to play against, just play a high line and wait for the mistake. The worst that can happen to the oppo is they get a 0-0 draw.

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We can’t score, doesn’t matter how good we look the opposition will always score more, so they are always in the game and they know it. 

A good team will score 1 in every 3 chances at a guess, Derby would struggle to create 3 chances in 90mins, And there lies the problem, Morrison plays to deep, Lawrence would sooner get into petty battles, Baldock to lightweight, There's little to no creativity.

22 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I the only person I blame is Mel Morris.

No intelligent chairman would employ Philip Cocu who has no experience of this league or the football in this country.

No intelligent would they replace him with a novice when we were in dire need of a solid experience championship manager.

If Mel runs the club properly and is at all interested he makes better decisions.

Hiring Phillip Cocu who has an excellent record of bringing through and developing youth was exactly what we needed given our situation.

The biggest error was immediately undermining him by bringing in Wayne Rooney as a platform for him to go into management.

Mel did it to raise the profile of the club so he could sell it. It has backfired spectacularly.

5 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Wrist slashers out in full force again.

Their two goals came from luck. The first a poor back pass, well saved by Roos who then saved the second but it fell to Hogan. The second, a lucky ricochet with a good finish.

We looked the more threatening going forward. Lawrence had two good attempts saved, which I actually think he should have done better with. The first especially as that was a neat passage of play with a poor finish at the end. 

Brum were hard to break down. But so were we. 

Special shout out to the ref who managed to give us 16+ free kicks and still went easy on Brum. Joke officiating again, least it didn't cost us a goal this time.

I wouldn’t say their goals were luck more out mistakes which we shouldn’t be making.

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

The ref was bad but in the second half at least he was bad for both teams.

Agreed he wasn't great but he wasn't the reason we lost.

Pretty poor performance but I've seen worse. Undone by a lack of goal threat (again), a blunder from Buchanan (I hope he doesn't get totally crucified by the fans. It was a bad back pass but hardly unknown in the Championship) and unlucky that the tackle from Sibley fell to their player.

Mistake by Buchanan and a lucky deflection pass gives them the goals.

I thought it was good to see a bit of fight in Lawrence.

Another day we would not have lost but we need to be more of a threat.

I still think with this squad, if we are not adrift and Bielik gets fit this year we'll stay up.

If Bielik plays tonight we win.

Just like watching Mike Tyson v A Paper Bag, with the officials penalizing the paper bag for getting in Mike Tyson's way.

Unfortunately the championship has a lot of ugly physical teams in it that will bite your ears off to get 3 points, and teams like us, that made a silly back pass in the cup v Sheff Utd, and clearly haven't learned the basics of the game yet, to repeat the process again, as you look before you pass, and again, we panicked for the second goal, putting the ball down the line badly, and made mistake after mistake to concede again.

On a positive note the paper bag, blew about a bit in the ring, but the heavy blows, were struck once again, and the paper bag crumpled up against street fighters that punch better and know how to get away with the ugly stuff in a so called beautiful game.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Really quite concerned about this season more, last season we stayed up by grace of going Infront in a number of games then not conceding but when we did go behind we invariably got nothing from the game.

This season we can't seem to keep a clean sheet to be able to allow us to do that. I can't see our attacking potency increasing significantly if Rooney's gameplan is to fanny around the back with the ball inviting pressure on us. 

Don't worry Bielik will save us

5 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

And that’s the problem.

Rooney is having a go at trying to get us to play like Man City with 39 year olds and free signings. It makes no difference to him.

We we can hardly play hoofball though with baldock Sibley Jozwiak and Lawrence…we did well first half it’s just we don’t have a squad to keep it going 

5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

(Or any other manager that we could likely employ in current scenario).

It's a fair point. Wayne not the ideal manager and lacks experience, but he's sticking with DCFC for now. If he did go, as some suggest, in our current situation we would end up with someone worse than Rooney (think along the lines of a Phil Brown type scenario). 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Agreed he wasn't great but he wasn't the reason we lost.

Pretty poor performance but I've seen worse. Undone by a lack of goal threat (again), a blunder from Buchanan (I hope he doesn't get totally crucified by the fans. It was a bad back pass but hardly unknown in the Championship) and unlucky that the tackle from Sibley fell to their player.

Buchanan’s back pass was a result of our inability to know when to just get rid because the options have run out. Rooney needs to be able to switch the back play around when we are constantly being pressed because that’s when we make mistakes. Sibley I can see why Rooney doesn’t trust him defensively.