Supporters Charter Meeting Questions

Day

My question: what steps are involved and what is the timeframe on Derby County being out of a transfer embargo completely - not just loosening of the restrictions?

Do we have to write this entire season off, with regards to progressive new signings or if we need help in January could we be in a position to make those additions. 

Edited by David
Removed second question, posted in a separate post

My other questions would be to ask what we are doing to improve recruitment as its largely to blame for the mess we find ourselves in? We are undeniably one of the worst clubs in the country when it comes recruiting players for both the ability we recruit and in resale value of the players we sign. As far as I know, it hasn't changed since Mel walked through the door. If I was him, I would've chemically castrated the entire lot for wasting 10s of millions of my money. He seems a patient man in that regard. 

The name of Derby County has been radically sullied in the press of late, some of it very unfair. Does the Club have a communications strategy to set the record straight over some of the issues eg how we cheated relegation? How we fixed our accounts? How we sold the ground to ourselves? What we value as a Club eg fairness, community spirited, ambitious. 

The often ridiculed "Derby Way" has been rolled out by the media as headline for failures. Can senior players like Davies, CKR, Fozzie create a 5 point list of "non negotiables" for the club and the players that the fans can get behind and support. 

Despite alot of the positivity done at the club during your (Mels) ownership such as the Academy, do you feel embarrassed/ashamed by our public image to the rest of the footballing world now? After the EFL cases, Keogh, Joiners Gate, Rooney & the 32red deal, embargoes, no players, iPro, Derby Way etc

Btw, not me having a go would just like to know how Mel feels, as a Derby fan, about how tarnished image

Edited by DCFC1388

Your investment into our academy has been first class. Nothing gives me more pride supporting the club than seeing a local player become a first team regular. With the success of our academy, what is the long term extenal plan recruitment plan for the club? Can we have a similar long term vision for player recruitment?

Edited by SouthStandDan

On 28/07/2021 at 17:45, David said:

The supporters charter meeting will take place next Wednesday. This is an invite only meeting where one member from each group attends. Please do not turn up to Pride Park expecting to be let in. 

I will be attending representing this forum.

Now as this is such late notice, I haven’t been asked to submit any questions, however I would still like to poll the forum for questions to take with me as we usually do and I will try my best to get these answered.

Now I’m sure you will all be aware that with the current situation all groups will have a lot of questions, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to ask any but as I say, will try my best.

When submitting questions, I would suggest thinking a little out the current situation, the embargo, transfers, player wages take over, Rooney, season tickets will no doubt be covered, so to avoid repeat questions it would be great to have some that may not be brought up.

For example mobile barcode entry into Pride Park rather than printing tickets off.

Please use the like (heart) reaction only to upvote the questions you would like to be asked, all other reactions will be ignored.

Also can I ask members not to try and answer or reply in any way to other members questions to make it easier to compile. All replies will be deleted.

And finally, serious questions only please. Any that are deemed to be sarcastic or taking the P will be removed.

I will lock this topic and count the likes at 7pm Tuesday 3rd August. One question per post, you can make as many posts as you like.

Yea or Neigh (a question for Mel) ?

chris coles’ tweet deals with every point

So please confirm the source

S Pearce, ‘the club’, or even you?

did it come from the mouth of the horse ?

[the end]

there’ll be other poets present so this seems a good approach. From memory would be best 

Is there any future plans to move away from having betting advertising? ..... Due to increase in people getting in debt through betting and effect on metal health and increased suicides from betting debt. Understand means needs other forms of advertising which i'm sure isn't exactly free flowing at moment but be nice to acknowledge the issue/ have a plan to move away from it in future.