Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

To be honest 2 points from the last 2 games would’ve been nice and the most I would’ve expected against the opposition. We were a goal away in each match from those points and Tom could’ve made the difference.

However, he is back in time for Barnsley and that is a perfect match to hit our next run of form and start the climb back up the table again.

We need to be the 12th man and not get on his back when he returns. A confident Tom Lawrence is what we need to complete the miracle.

22 hours ago, Rev said:

Agreed, once he'd been sent off not much point in keeping him around the squad stewing in his stupidity.

Hopefully we'll have a refreshed player, who knows he's got amends to make, going full tilt until the season's end.

That’s what I said, albeit in less words.

On 26/02/2022 at 18:15, IslandExile said:

Lost first two games of his suspension.

Sorry now Tom?

It's about the team, not about exacting your revenge because the ref didn't give you an earlier free kick.

Right, lesson learned. Move on. Win us every game on your return. Thanks.

Three games.

Really needed him. Created just one chance tonight.

I think Ed Dawes said it best a week ago, it’s been a season where he’s had all the pressure and responsibility and he’s dealt with it admirably. All that pressure came out of him in that moment. I think that pressure is coming out of Rooney in his press conferences and Davies in his performances is starting to look weary. That’s without even considering the likes of Burd, Knight and Buchanan.

They have dealt with the situation admirably, Lawrence and Davies both deserve huge plaudits come this seasons end, but the battle has become too much for us all which was, unfortunately, always going to happen. 

Edited by TuffLuff

On 27/02/2022 at 11:40, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Lawrence was stupid, that much is obvious.

However, without him, we'd be absolutely nowhere near the survival race. Rooney will know how to handle him considering he did the same as Lawrence on multiple occasions, one of which was in a World Cup quarter final ffs. 

I'd back Tom to come back like a man possessed and score some crucial goals that keep us up.

I would not blame fellow players give him a cold shoulder as needles sending offs have cost us just because he could not control his temper.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I would not blame fellow players give him a cold shoulder as needles sending offs have cost us just because he could not control his temper.

He needs to give us supporters his best performance in a Derby shirt this weekend for sure he owes us big time,no were near it last three games and could potentially end up costing us our place in the Championship although unlikely as we have to many other players who shouldnt even be close to the first team to be fair