Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

Considering Sam Vokes has been in the goals in league 1, yet he was totally finished at championship level, couldn't run and stoke fans would have been happy for him to be humanely destroyed to get him out of their club, shows me that from a selection of freebies we will be alright.

He isn't exactly Ronaldo, but big Tom Eaves, just released by Hull, bangs them in at league 1 level and is someone who I believe we could attract.

We will not spend money and players we sign will be massively underwhelming for a section of our support.

We have to cut our cloth, or have some fans been in a cave for the last 12 months?!

11 minutes ago, KBB said:

Considering Sam Vokes has been in the goals in league 1, yet he was totally finished at championship level, couldn't run and stoke fans would have been happy for him to be humanely destroyed to get him out of their club, shows me that from a selection of freebies we will be alright.

He isn't exactly Ronaldo, but big Tom Eaves, just released by Hull, bangs them in at league 1 level and is someone who I believe we could attract.

We will not spend money and players we sign will be massively underwhelming for a section of our support.

We have to cut our cloth, or have some fans been in a cave for the last 12 months?!

Rooney wanted Adebayo who ended up at Luton so I could see him going in for someone like Niasse / Ladapo / McGoldrick / Mousset 

14 minutes ago, KBB said:

Unfinished business.

image.png.39c87f236ad54c4f5056964a085b7381.png

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rooney wanted Adebayo who ended up at Luton so I could see him going in for someone like Niasse / Ladapo / McGoldrick / Mousset 

Ex Liverpool striker Bobby Duncan is available , wherever he is ? Has he scored a goal yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2022 at 12:10, Rammy03 said:

Well done to Wales for getting to the World Cup. Page is staying on till then , so it looks like Tom can kiss goodbye to any chance of playing in it. What will Tom do next season - we won’t find out till he gets his last months wages. He divided opinion with Rams fans, but did score some cracking goals.

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Well done to Wales for getting to the World Cup. Page is staying on till then , so it looks like Tom can kiss goodbye to any chance of playing in it. What will Tom do next season - we won’t find out till he gets his last months wages. He divided opinion with Rams fans, but did score some cracking goals.

How can you trust Tom under pressure, for he appears not to have grown up, reminds me of a child throwing his rattle out of the pram with his stupid bookings and red cards, for the World Cup he would be a liability, any quality defender would have him sent off within the first 10 mins.

12 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

How can you trust Tom under pressure, for he appears not to have grown up, reminds me of a child throwing his rattle out of the pram with his stupid bookings and red cards, for the World Cup he would be a liability, any quality defender would have him sent off within the first 10 mins.

Over than one really daft moment Tom was solid this season. One of his best in a rams shirt.

7 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Over than one really daft moment Tom was solid this season. One of his best in a rams shirt.

agree he has had a good season, but he has had silly yellow cards this season and at the top level the defenders would wind him up pretty quick and he would react, however will never know for he will not be there.

16 minutes ago, w8sey said:

It can't be glossed over that he missed games against Cardiff, Luton and Millwall at a crucial time .  No points and 1 own goal.  We had a good enough side with him in it to get 4 points from those and it gives a fair better opportunity going into those last 10 games .  If it was a late tackle to stop a breakaway or mistimed thats one thing but it was pure petulance.

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Agreed. He is too much of a risk for international games where every single game matters so much. One red card can undone years of work.

1 hour ago, w8sey said:

The bar has been set really low though. I can't really slag him off as he's another example of our cack recruitment system where yet again we paid a ridiculous amount of money for a player on the back of one purple patch season - Lawrence being on loan at Ipswich in this case.

Hasn't really progressed much if any as a player, he's not international class even playing for Wales, his petulance would be exploited by other more savvy players.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

The bar has been set really low though. I can't really slag him off as he's another example of our cack recruitment system where yet again we paid a ridiculous amount of money for a player on the back of one purple patch season - Lawrence being on loan at Ipswich in this case.

Hasn't really progressed much if any as a player, he's not international class even playing for Wales, his petulance would be exploited by other more savvy players.

I’ve said it before, but I genuinely believe that by the time you’re 18 you’re the footballer you’re going to be.

You might improve tactically, but technically and physically (barring hammering the gym out) you’re the player you will be.

You just try and create an environment and role in the team in which they’ll thrive. McCarthy, Cocu and Rooney gave him freedom and he has his three best seasons. See Ince and McClaren/Wassall compared to Clement and Rowett. 

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

its not about being good enough, as well you know its about Page and the past 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2022 at 19:23, Dimmu said:

Agreed. He is too much of a risk for international games where every single game matters so much. One red card can undone years of work.

Ryan Giggs has stepped down as the manager of Wales. While Page is there , I don’t think he will get another cap. However whichever team he goes to will not have to worry about him clearing off to Qatar. The lad really does know how to pee a lot of people off. At least Rooney loved him.

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Ryan Giggs has stepped down as the manager of Wales. While Page is there , I don’t think he will get another cap. However whichever team he goes to will not have to worry about him clearing off to Qatar. The lad really does know how to pee a lot of people off. At least Rooney loved him.

Two sides to any story jim.