Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

I don’t know if Tom would have made much difference in the Luton and Cardiff games as he has only scored 1 goal away from home all season , and that was a peno. He saves his most brilliant moments for home games , so Barnsley should be very worried. There should be no reason for him to be anonymous in games now till the end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stories are circulating that teams are looking at Tom for next season such as Norwich . Questions asked if he will be even better , playing with better players? But I can’t remember him doing much along side Mount and Wilson. Did he play in the Villa final?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

13:47 STEVE NICHOLSON

Tom Lawrence

Skipper Tom Lawrence is one of a number of players out of contract this summer. Rooney said: I know Tom wants to play for this football club, he wants to play for me.

He'd sign an extension if we could offer him one.

Quite how reduced the terms would be to be accepted is a moot point for now.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

13:47 STEVE NICHOLSON

Tom Lawrence

Skipper Tom Lawrence is one of a number of players out of contract this summer. Rooney said: I know Tom wants to play for this football club, he wants to play for me.

To me that is the most positive aspect of it being CK - if Wayne stays and hopefully can persuade others to do so. Also as a player looking for a club who wouldnt want to be part of the togetherness in dressing room and with fans this season that Wayne has created

Edited by CBRammette

Many moons ago, I lost count of the number of lads who left the small engineering works I was at, for pastures greener (The colour of pound notes, back then!).  (Mainly to Rolls Royce, to be fair).
To a man, they each and all came back! 

There's a lot to be said for a half decent job, at half decent pay, for a half decent boss.  Having a job that is a pleasure to turn up to day after day, and look forward to is priceless.

Rightly or wrongly, I get the impression that, politics and boardroom stuff aside, the majority of our players have enjoyed going into work this past 18 months or so.  Long may that be the case.

?