Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

13 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

Or Turkey. Lovely sunshine. No Derby player should ever go to Forest.

Nice for them to get one for a change.  Given the choice of the two clubs, their lot can't wait to turn down contracts and come here .  Most recently the lifelong fan Commons and poster  boy Tyson.  Despite being a Forest fan Barker also turned them down.  Clough as manager as well.  Strange as they're world famous.

15 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Looking forward to see who the new striker will be.

This leaves derby without a quality striker for league 1.

A quality striker is a player capable of scoring more than 15 goals in a season.

Derby will need to spend to bring that player in.

Well Tom Lawrence wasn’t a striker for us so this makes little difference in that regards, we needed a striker anyway as Plange has gone back to Palace and Kazim contract expired.

As for spending money, Chris Martin didn’t cost us anything, bagged a few goals in his time here. 

We have to find the right player, could be a free, a loan where we cover the wages only or spend a little, it’s not a one option of must spend that Rooney has.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

The top two strikers this season played for Sunderland and Wigan.

11 goals in season would barely be noticed in the high scoring league one.

Last time I checked the vast majority of free agents and loam platers that Derby might be able to sign in League one, we're not likely to score more than 15 goals a season

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

The top two strikers this season played for Sunderland and Wigan.

11 goals in season would barely be noticed in the high scoring league one.

Last time I checked the vast majority of free agents and loam platers that Derby might be able to sign in League one, we're not likely to score more than 15 goals a season

With all due respect, you have no idea which players will be available on loan this summer unless you have spoken to all the clubs and agents.

Also to suggest we’re not likely to score more than 15 goals this season when Crewe finished rock bottom with 37 goals, it’s a tad dramatic to say the least.

Just now, David said:

With all due respect, you have no idea which players will be available on loan this summer unless you have spoken to all the clubs and agents.

Also to suggest we’re not likely to score more than 15 goals this season when Crewe finished rock bottom with 37 goals, it’s a tad dramatic to say the least.

Misunderstanding, I'm not saying that we would score less than 15 goals.

I'm saying we need a striker who scorers at least 15 goals

38 minutes ago, Oldben said:

A quality striker is a player capable of scoring more than 15 goals in a season.

Has anyone ever told you it's essential to have a 15-20 a season goalscorer to win anything?

Scorers over 15 goals, and league position: 

1. Wigan

Keane 26 goals, Lang 18 goals;

2. Rotherham

Smith 19 goals

3. Mk dons

Twine 20 goals

4. Sheffield Wednesday

Gregory 17 goals

5. Sunderland

Stewart 26 goals

6. Wigan

Vokes 17 goals

7. Plymouth

Hardie 19 goals

8. Oxford

Taylor 22 goals

So @Oldben, of your list...

Will Keane, Scott Twine, Lee Gregory, Ryan Hardie and Matty Taylor were all free transfers.

Callum Lang came through Wigan's academy.

Then Michael Smith (nominal), Ross Stewart (300k) and Sam Vokes (undisclosed) are the only ones who commanded a fee.

Not bad for saying we'd absolutely have to spend on a striker to score enough to finish near the top.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

I'll wager WR has a list, That list will contain the striker he considers to be the one who's going to be a focal point, Even probably spoken to the agent/player through DCFCs representative.

WR soon back from holiday, And a close season to see those coming in and waving goodbye to those who are moving on, Now where are those season tickets?    

42 minutes ago, Kernow said:

So @Oldben, of your list...

Will Keane, Scott Twine, Lee Gregory, Ryan Hardie and Matty Taylor were all free transfers.

Callum Lang came through Wigan's academy.

Then Michael Smith (nominal), Ross Stewart (300k) and Sam Vokes (undisclosed) are the only ones who commanded a fee.

Not bad for saying we'd absolutely have to spend on a striker to score enough to finish near the top.

That's good to know.

I'd like to see two new strikers, in case of injury.

I'd like to be able to change tactics sometimes and have two strikers playing together.

33 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Plenty of bargains out there.

Im sure a few should love to play for Rooney and for Derby

correct!!! TBH I’m not too concerned who stays & who goes. Sentimentality dictates that I would prefer a certain few stay but que sera if not. We all know that we need a complete rebuild. It’s a buyers market and WR will have his targets. The most important thing is it appears will we definitely have a club to support going forward. Who pulls on the jersey at the start of next season is anybody's guess. Whoever they are they will have my support. In Wayne I trust!!!!