EFL Verdict

DCFC90

12 minutes ago, David said:

Well yeah, saw it came in late last night, from Bristol and thought nah, nobody talks to you over there for a reason, not coming on here with your bottom lip out.

5 minutes later that Twitter account was born, trying to flirt with me.

I meant his twitter account has gone already. Didn't realise tried to create an account here first ??

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

I meant his twitter account has gone already. Didn't realise tried to create an account here first ??

Ahh didn’t realise, just looked he’s still there, just deleted most of our interactions last night, now moving on to @ShoreRam ??

51 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We have found 30 million more profit on stadium by the looks of it so will be under ffp for all submissions 

No no, that must be a further flagrant misinterpretation of a generally phrased section of frs102 that the EFL couldn't be bothered to write guidance or regs over. 

But it's all DCFCs fault and it will need at least a couple of years legal and accounting theory arguments to conclude..... ?

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Unless that advantage was being one of the top 3 spenders on wages in each of the seasons being looked at we haven’t pished it anywhere.

We’ve ran an (unsustainable) wage bill that has probably ranged from top 4 to top 10 in the division and have more often than not been a top 6 team in that time period. Few unlucky defeats in play off games to teams that have spent more than us / have gamed the system to a greater extent than we have (delete as appropriate) has meant we haven’t gone up, so be it. When football comes down to one off games it can at times be luck based and that’s why we all love it. We’ve now tightened that wage bill, understandably, but I get the feeling that won’t or indeed hasn’t stopped you moaning that we will be less competitive in the league now.

Don’t think we are “victims” as such but it is curious that just winning one of those set of play offs would see our strategy highlighted as a great success story and have fans of other clubs saying “wow look how well Derby are run” like you see from some on here re. Leeds, Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth and so on.

Unfortunately by not going up due to these fine margins we have found ourselves in the cross hairs of the EFL who’s rules are so clear that they are now seeking to change or clarify the rules that supposedly found us guilty. We are not victims of other teams cheating, in my opinion, but we have been victim of the EFL going on a crusade after the football club and creating a narrative that we are the villains of football with their vindictive, unclear statements and obvious leaks to the press.

Yesterday’s news should have been celebrated across football, that no precedent was set to retrospectively relegate a team for off field matters that were signed off for three years by an organisation that didn’t understand their own rules. I get the feeling it wasn’t though, because a narrative has been created that if you push spending limits and do not get promoted, you are worse than those who push limits and do.

Can we just copy and paste this excellent post every page please.

Unless that advantage was being one of the top 3 spenders on wages in each of the seasons being looked at we haven’t pished it anywhere.

We’ve ran an (unsustainable) wage bill that has probably ranged from top 4 to top 10 in the division and have more often than not been a top 6 team in that time period. Few unlucky defeats in play off games to teams that have spent more than us / have gamed the system to a greater extent than we have (delete as appropriate) has meant we haven’t gone up, so be it. When football comes down to one off games it can at times be luck based and that’s why we all love it. We’ve now tightened that wage bill, understandably, but I get the feeling that won’t or indeed hasn’t stopped you moaning that we will be less competitive in the league now.

Don’t think we are “victims” as such but it is curious that just winning one of those set of play offs would see our strategy highlighted as a great success story and have fans of other clubs saying “wow look how well Derby are run” like you see from some on here re. Leeds, Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth and so on.

Unfortunately by not going up due to these fine margins we have found ourselves in the cross hairs of the EFL who’s rules are so clear that they are now seeking to change or clarify the rules that supposedly found us guilty. We are not victims of other teams cheating, in my opinion, but we have been victim of the EFL going on a crusade after the football club and creating a narrative that we are the villains of football with their vindictive, unclear statements and obvious leaks to the press.

Yesterday’s news should have been celebrated across football, that no precedent was set to retrospectively relegate a team for off field matters that were signed off for three years by an organisation that didn’t understand their own rules. I get the feeling it wasn’t though, because a narrative has been created that if you push spending limits and do not get promoted, you are worse than those who push limits and do.

THE post of the year. right here.

The problem being though, that the independent panel LAP confirmed that they had the power to do so. That has not been changed.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, I DONT MIND said:

THE post of the year. right here.

I've said it before, the real crime, the real thing that Derby did that was wrong, was to fail.

Being in the Premier League seems to trump any misdomeners commited whilst within the EFL in the popular mindset. It is of course not logically or morally the case, but apparently in football the worst thing is to fail.

Just now, Kernow said:

Spot on. EFL did nothing but try and stir things up a little and give Wycombe false hope. If they appealed the decision and lost, then maybe fair enough, but to not even have the grounds to appeal and still make “interchangeable” fixtures proves that they’re an organisation full of Bamfords from top to bottom.

After all the "making an example of Derby" noises and other unprofessional whispers about the process that kept turning up in the press and narrative of "systematic cheating" fermented by one side of the case the end result being "meh, fine and redo your accounts" there's going to be some blue balls around the league.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The problem being though, that the independent panel LAP confirmed that they had the power to do so. That has not been changed.

But they didn’t because it would have been ridiculous to do so, despite the EFL’s disappointment at that.

I’ll not claim to have any understanding of legal matters but if such a situation arose again it could be pointed out that a precedent has now been set.

Just now, nottingram said:

But they didn’t because it would have been ridiculous to do so, despite the EFL’s disappointment at that.

I’ll not claim to have any understanding of legal matters but if such a situation arose again it could be pointed out that a precedent has now been set.

No it hasn't because the right is still there. Next time a different 'breaking of EFL rules' happens it can still be threatened. 'Ridiculous' didn't come into our case, but the fact we were acting in good faith, with no intent to deceive saved us. So if another team were found guilty with intent the punishment could be imposed. I'm not totally sure how I feel about retrospectively relegating teams, because I guess there might be circumstances ala Quins in rugby. But mostly I think it would make a mockery of sporting competition to a degree that having more money doesn't.

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

This should be pinned at the top of this thread and reiterated on all other club's forums.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No it hasn't because the right is still there. Next time a different 'breaking of EFL rules' happens it can still be threatened. 'Ridiculous' didn't come into our case, but the fact we were acting in good faith, with no intent to deceive saved us. So if another team were found guilty with intent the punishment could be imposed. I'm not totally sure how I feel about retrospectively relegating teams, because I guess there might be circumstances ala Quins in rugby. But mostly I think it would make a mockery of sporting competition to a degree that having more money doesn't.

Of course, if there are more flagrant breaches they retain the right to. But if we had been docked points it would set a very alarming precedent that they can punish a team so heavily for something that they’ve signed off for three years. If a team shows intent to break rules I think that is different but like you, I am still not sure I would agree with it. I don’t really agree with rules about finances anyway, certainly not while parachute payments are around but that is a different argument.

Its a pretty specific situation but other fans should look at yesterday with relief, but they won’t because of the narrative the EFL has spun over the last year or so, was my point.