EFL Verdict

DCFC90

48 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I think it is a very strong hint at para 73 that we fall foul of P&S on a straight line method. 

The DC said that Pearce put in evidence showing what our P&S submissions would be with straight line and with an alternative non-linear method (which may or may not be compliant). Seems to me he would only prepare the alternative if the straight line put us in trouble. And the DC said that Pearce's statement shows there is an issue between us and the EFL over whether we can meet P&S targets using compliant accounts, which will have to be resolved by a future DC.

The Nightmare isn't over! This is going to dog us for a good while yet ...

Just read it and so I see two possible outcomes of our new set of accounts:

1) We fail P&S and a points deduction is incoming or

2) We argue that an alternative non-linear method is compliant and the dispute rumbles on.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

2) We argue that an alternative non-linear method is compliant and the dispute rumbles on.

Don’t spoil my day please 

what about this 34m reserve that KM has alluded to that has appeared ? 

Edited by NottsRam77

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think "found" is a bit of an unfortunate word.

I think in terms of FFP we only included some of the £80m Pride Park sale - but as a result of the hearings/decisions it's been clarified we can include more of that. Which seeing as we need to restate P&S, we can do. Presumably much to the annoyance of a certain member of Bristol Rovers superfan forum, Mp Pop of OTIB.

Not sure if that's deliberate (I suspect so!), but if not, then just to clarify to the readers, he's actually a fan of the other team in Bristol

... Yeovil, is it?   

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure if that's deliberate (I suspect so!), but if not, then just to clarify to the readers, he's actually a fan of the other team in Bristol

... Yeovil, is it?   

The only team Bristol are famous for (apart from rugby?) are the magnificent Bristol rovers. So I assume he must support them. After all, there is only one team in Bristol.

Just popped over to see the remains of exploded heads! ? To find this amusing scenario put forward. There were we thinking Gibson had Parry by the short and curlies (have any of that lot realised that Boro were involved?), but all along Mel was schmoozing him! ?

image.thumb.png.0c738a5d3e983ddf2f8187a449ac6755.png

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Why don’t they concentrate on their own football club? Bristol is predominately a Rugby City, with the two football clubs on a par with Torquay Utd, support wise.

Slight exaggeration ? Brizzle City average over 20,000 or did…bit more than Torquay ?

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Why don’t they concentrate on their own football club? Bristol is predominately a Rugby City, with the two football clubs on a par with Torquay Utd, support wise.

North East Bristol is mostly Rovers, South and West Bristol is City.

Rovers fans tend to be more loyal. 

City fans come out of the woodwork when they are doing well. 

Lansdown wants his legacy to be a successful football and rugby team, a bit like Mel. 

Will be interesting this year to see which way the Pearson gamble goes. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

North East Bristol is mostly Rovers, South and West Bristol is City.

Rovers fans tend to be more loyal. 

City fans come out of the woodwork when they are doing well. 

Lansdown wants his legacy to be a successful football and rugby team, a bit like Mel. 

Will be interesting this year to see which way the Pearson gamble goes. 

So to clarify, Bristol city are the one next to bedminster cricket club who kindly let fans have a drink in the clubhouse? That is nice of the cricket club, helping keep lower league teams like Bristol city going.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So to clarify, Bristol city are the one next to bedminster cricket club who kindly let fans have a drink in the clubhouse? That is nice of the cricket club, helping keep lower league teams like Bristol city going.

Yep, it's a bit of a walk to the ground but a good place to park if you can manage the walk. 

Next door to the ground they used to do It's a Knockout - great fun (sans Stuart Hall) 

25 minutes ago, DCFCmaz said:

Well I went to the Bristol forums and had a laugh ? 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/198743-the-championship-ffp-thread-merged/page/82/

This is the main thread where Mr Pop gets himself in a bit of a tizzy. 82 pages of it.  I did notice this on page 81 which gave me a rolls eyes moment. Turning debt into shares, amortisation etc, every club is doing stuff to help compete with these duckers with parachute payments, it’s just most of us don’t cry like babies about it.

3AC0EE37-B6DE-4267-8B65-4107D5C54AD5.png

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Added #2 supported by an audit confirmation that the method is compliant with all accountancy standards and the dispute ends

37 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/198743-the-championship-ffp-thread-merged/page/82/

This is the main thread where Mr Pop gets himself in a bit of a tizzy. 82 pages of it.  I did notice this on page 81 which gave me a rolls eyes moment. Turning debt into shares, amortisation etc, every club is doing stuff to help compete with these duckers with parachute payments, it’s just most of us don’t cry like babies about it.

3AC0EE37-B6DE-4267-8B65-4107D5C54AD5.png

I mentioned that on here the other week.  It's not the first time they've done it either.  Funny that wasn't photo shopped.  

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Surely some monies could be raised for a few anti-EFL flags for the first televised game of the season? Or maybe wear plastic handcuffs to symbolise restraint of trade... ??

If £25k can be raised for a crying German girl... ?

Having done some rough calculations based on players purchased in seasons ending 2016, 2017 & 2018 using Transfermarkt figures and the amortisation figures from the accounts I get a £19.5m additional loss.
However one thing I am not so sure about, would I be correct in thinking that when we sold players the benefit in the accounts would be the sale value minus the residual cost of that player? If that’s the case then we should get a greater benefit in the accounts for when we sold Tom Ince for example. 

3 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Having done some rough calculations based on players purchased in seasons ending 2016, 2017 & 2018 using Transfermarkt figures and the amortisation figures from the accounts I get a £19.5m additional loss.
However one thing I am not so sure about, would I be correct in thinking that when we sold players the benefit in the accounts would be the sale value minus the residual cost of that player? If that’s the case then we should get a greater benefit in the accounts for when we sold Tom Ince for example. 

I think that's right.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think that's right.

So based on that principle, surely the EFL arguments are flawed somewhat as the player likely to give us the biggest adjustment is Matej Vydra who should have cost in the accounts of £4m (based on 2yrs of 4yr contract for fee of £8m) but we sold him for £10m just 2 months in to the 2019 financial year.