EFL Verdict

DCFC90

57 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Why would a Rams podcast give him airtime, unless they plan to pull him apart for his part in all this, arguably some of the stuff he's said verges on libellous, he's made 3 statements on us conforming to P+S that all differ hasn't he? Originally saying we were ducked!

5 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Why would a Rams podcast give him airtime, unless they plan to pull him apart for his part in all this, arguably some of the stuff he's said verges on libellous, he's made 3 statements on us conforming to P+S that all differ hasn't he? Originally saying we were ducked!

He doesn't seem to be operating in light of the full facts a lot of the time.....or just being selective about what he highlights

29 minutes ago, rams4ever said:

It seems strange to me that the EFL can instruct a club to re-submit accounts which were audited. This suggests that the auditors didn't spot that the accounts didn't comply with accounting regulations. could we sue the auditors for negligence?

It appears that the EFL has retrospectively changed their rules on depreciation (because they had’t realised there were different ways to work it out) and have therefore found us in breach of the new rules (that didn’t apply when we originally submitted the accounts and when they signed them off). In any other walk of life, they get laughed out of court but in the football world they’re allowed to make things up as they go along….

15 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Get that, but we have until 18th August to submit. No matter how many fixture lists they come up with…. The season will have already started can’t see how their alternative fixture lists can be applied once the season has begun. 

When we submit the new accounts have no bearing on what our current EFL charge is. The £100k fine can be appealed by either party, the EFL will appeal asking for a points deduction, if that is successful and is concluded before the start of the season and they get permission to give it to us retrospectively, that is when we are at risk of being relegated.

What I would say is though, how long has it taken to get here? It appears we would be able to appeal that outcome, and how long would that hearing take to be heard? This all has to be done within 6 weeks. Can't see it myself. 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

When we submit the new accounts have no bearing on what our current EFL charge is. The £100k fine can be appealed by either party, the EFL will appeal asking for a points deduction, if that is successful and is concluded before the start of the season and they get permission to give it to us retrospectively, that is when we are at risk of being relegated.

What I would say is though, how long has it taken to get here? It appears we would be able to appeal that outcome, and how long would that hearing take to be heard? This all has to be done within 6 weeks. Can't see it myself. 

You would expect that both parties have been given a deadline by which point any appeal must be submitted. There would then need to be some sort of discussion regarding the fairness of any fine/penalty. Given that this whole process has moved at the speed of an iceberg so far, it’s hard to see how any outcome could be decided before the season has started - particularly if there is any possibility of a subsequent appeal against the next ruling. 
The most sensible outcome is for the EFL to speak with our potential new owner (if the takeover is close) and agree that both sides will accept the £100k and move on. I therefore predict a protracted legal challenge with the entire 2021/22 FL season being thrown into doubt…..

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would hope the club anticipated having to re-do their accounts a long time ago so will have already done this for at least 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

Didnt it say in the previous decision we have submitted draft copies of our 19 & 20 accounts

Ignoring any possible embargo, it would be advantageous for the club to wait until the last minute before submitting them (if over the limit)

16 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Can't be arsed to read all the previous pages but it just looks like it's Rick Parry being pushed by Steve Gibson to find a way to get us relegated. The pair of them properly won't be happy until they throw us out of the league.

That’s about the size of it. Maybe Mr Gibson should be given a welcome to Pride Park in August that he’ll be a long time forgetting. 

Now before anybody thinks I’m advocating violence, I’m not, that would be abhorrent,  but abuse and vitriol by the truckload I think is well within reason.

5 hours ago, SecretDave said:

Surely we have strong grounds to take the EFL to court for victimisation. What they're doing is causing confusion and bad press which affects our ability to sign players or get a takeover bid through. It also upsets our fans. 

I don't think there is anything in the EFL rules where they can relegate us over a month after the previous season is finished. 

In my opinion, the EFL are a corrupt organisation that needs putting down a peg or two. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they start paying officials to make decisions go against us. 

All of this has totally sucked my enthusiasm for football out of me. If this is lingering on in to the new season, I can't really be bothered with it all any more. Wake me up when all of this rubbish is over! 

Agree wholly with the first part of your post.

However, it makes me want to stand up and be counted in support of my club. 

It's obvious the EFL have a big Vendetta against Derby all I will say on the issue is I've been a Rams supporter since 1971 seen the glory days and the bad days but if the EFL relegate us and we end up in League 1 next season then that's me finished with football this all stinks of politics between Parry and Gibson. Mel Morris I feel as just destroyed our club. 

Mistakes have been made no doubt about it but the EFL seem to be obsessed with getting the harshest and most damaging and inconvenient penalty for us and there is seemingly precious little we can do about it. Surely nothing will be sorted ownership-wise while this nonsense is going on so it looks like we are set for a world of pain for the immediate future.

I'll just have to comfort myself with a thought of some future date when we bounce back, win the Championship playoffs at Wembley and to an ear-splitting massively public rendition of 'Feck the EFL' by thousands of Rams fans, the Derby skipper, 'Local lad X' receives the EFL trophy and just chucks it on the ground and just walks off to celebrate with the fans.

I’m not sure the EFL and Gibson have a big vendetta against Derby County ziggy but I’m certain they have one with Mel Morris which unfortunately means to get him, they have to get the club (and fans) which is not cricket.

What have the fans done to aggrieve Gibson and the EFL ? We are not responsible for the books, we didn’t pip Middlesbrough to that 6th place on the last day of a season (that’s why Gibson’s so pissed off with us) but we will be the ones left to pick up the pieces when Morris’s cleared off and sunning himself down at Sandbanks or somewhere more exotic and that’s not cricket either. ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Presumably they con only do that if the new P&S submissions are in breach of allowable losses?

Which they will be as we’ve used the amortisation as a loophole to spend more! 

If 4000 supporters donate the price of one match ticket £25 we would raise the 100k. I would gladly do it. Think it would say a lot and raise a lot of positive publicity if paid with an open letter to the press stating our disgust at the way the efl are behaving. Any money raised over the target sum to be donated to breast and prostrate cancer research. I would gladly pay. 

Just now, Eatonram said:

If 4000 supporters donate the price of one match ticket £25 we would raise the 100k. I would gladly do it. Think it would say a lot and raise a lot of positive publicity if paid with an open letter to the press stating our disgust at the way the efl are behaving. Any money raised over the target sum to be donated to breast and prostrate cancer research. I would gladly pay. 

I’m up for that.

I feel really sorry for the Wycombe fans/players/ management ect. Unwitting pawns in the mind games between EFL and Derby. It’s not fair to raise hopes of an immediate return to the championship and how the hell do they plan their transfer window? Guilty or not, this is just totally unacceptable now. Punish us IF we deserve it but no need to bring innocent bystanders into a increasingly petty squabble