EFL Verdict

DCFC90

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm being lazy here, but does anybody have a link from several years ago stating that the EFL signed off on Derby's accounting procedure?

Page 30 (on the document, page 31 in the PDF) onwards in here: 

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/202021/general-news-images/efl-v-Derby-county--decision.pdf

"‘This was more about [the EFL] wanting an understanding of the process, as they accept that there is nothing they can question on it as it is an acceptable accounting policy under accounting standards. We discussed this with them and they are now comfortable with the treatment’" etc

Edited by duncanjwitham

38 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

LAP are the ones who gave the fine and i think any appeal goes to them not back to DC 

@Spanish is correct, LAP heard the appeal, then both the EFL and ourselves had the choice of the LAP issuing the punishment or it going back to the DC. If the LAP had given the punishment then that would be the end of it, no one could appeal, however as it is the DC making the decision on what punishment both parties can appeal. 

12 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Page 30 onwards in here: https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/202021/general-news-images/efl-v-Derby-county--decision.pdf

"‘This was more about [the EFL] wanting an understanding of the process, as they accept that there is nothing they can question on it as it is an acceptable accounting policy under accounting standards. We discussed this with them and they are now comfortable with the treatment’" etc

228) Equally however the Club could have clarified the position much earlier than it did:

a) As the Club accepted, the publicly available documents that described the Club’s amortisation policy – its Annual Accounts – were ambiguous and unclear

b) The Club’s Response to the Charge Letter did not set out any detail of what the Club’s amortisation policy was; all that was said was that ‘the Club included a residual value in its amortisation of Player Registrations in the early years of players’ contracts’ (and similar) without giving any explanation of the true scope of the Club’s amortisation policy or how it was implemented and operated by the Club

c) The Club refused to answer requests by the EFL for clarification about its amortisation policy following the commencement of these proceedings

d) The Club disclosed no documents from which the realities of its amortisation policy – either its terms or its operation – were apparent. The only documents that even touched on it were the email record of the meeting on 13 May 2019 and the amortisation schedule to which we have referred above

e) It was only when the Club served its witness statements that it became clear i)That the manner in which the amortisation policy was recorded in the Club’s annual financial statements was (at best) ambiguous and (in reality) incomplete and inaccurate ii) What the Club’s amortisation policy in fact was.

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Page 30 (on the document, page 31 in the PDF) onwards in here: 

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/202021/general-news-images/efl-v-Derby-county--decision.pdf

httpswww_efl.comsiteassetsimage202021general-news-imagesefl-v-derby-county--decision_pdf.thumb.png.eb2133f2d17cb789b113ef8d00ef78a5.png

1012266297_httpswww_efl.comsiteassetsimage202021general-news-imagesefl-v-derby-county--decision_pdf2.thumb.png.d37e44c6618ccec32f11075cf0d7ebe4.png

The EFL can argue all they want that they didn’t understand the application of the method, but they certainly understood the implications of it. That email (to himself) is a plain as day, they knew that there was the potential for being a large charge in the last year of the contract.

Mels caused us problems for sure.

However the EFL needs to be disbanded immediately!

We have had long periods under transfer embargo, which is damaging enough and they still want us relegated.

That is their only goal.....to have us relegated. But what happens if they achieve their goal? Do they keep after us until the clubs destroyed?

How can other clubs be ok with this? What happens if they turn their attention to your club?

If the EFL are to remain we actively need to be looking at other options for the future of the game.

I think it’s ridiculous. It’s gotten to a point where I just want this farce over with. The efl have not covered themselves in glory at all. They forget that without us there wouldn’t be a efl. They’ve belittled our club and thrown lots of shade at our club and have been frankly unprofessional and suspect some shady bussiness too. We’re just the targets at the moment. Other clubs may laugh and take the mick but will want us to help when the efl destroy their club. They’ve put this club in uncertainty for almost 3 years now. I have a feeling they’ll just relegate us wether lawfully or unlawfully. They’ve said about Wycombe potentially staying up and if that happens I can see us going all guns blazing on the efl and hopefully get them out because their ruining English football 

18 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

httpswww_efl.comsiteassetsimage202021general-news-imagesefl-v-derby-county--decision_pdf.thumb.png.eb2133f2d17cb789b113ef8d00ef78a5.png

1012266297_httpswww_efl.comsiteassetsimage202021general-news-imagesefl-v-derby-county--decision_pdf2.thumb.png.d37e44c6618ccec32f11075cf0d7ebe4.png

The EFL can argue all they want that they didn’t understand the application of the method, but they certainly understood the implications of it. That email (to himself) is a plain as day, they knew that there was the potential for being a large charge in the last year of the contract.

More incompetence on both sides - who doesnt take and agree minutes for such a meeting? Ridiculous on both sides. I think that is what annoys me. EFL should admit own incompetence mitigates matters

31 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

Our club statement appears to be written by someone that has a clue - brief and well constructed yet still makes the EFL look like the dimwits they are.

I think the longer it goes on the less likely automatic relegation would be. I suspect it'll be 3 or 6 points deduction at the end of it all but assuming the appeal doesn't go through until after this season kicks off surely it has to be apply to next season as we need all the points we can get this season!

It would be ironic if we went up this season as the points deduction technically wouldn't be enforceable unless the Premier League agreed to it (I think).

The club statement certainly shows a modicum of professionalism and respect. There are clearly guidelines with which this scenario should be made public and we as Derby County are behaving appropriately in spite of the worst efforts of the EFL. 

to quote the club..

”Although the Disciplinary Commission has yet to publish its full written reasons for its Decision, the EFL issued a press release about it and the fixture list last night. The Club is disappointed that the EFL has not, as is usual, waited until after the publication of the Disciplinary Commission’s reasons nor agreed a statement with the Club and in addition has chosen to be selective about the Decision and present it in a form which omit key dates and details, which the Club has provided by way of clarity above.”

The way in which the EFL have released the results to the media and therefore the public domain shows their clear and utter contempt and disregard for Derby County a founding member of what  their organisation is built upon.

DCFC on the other hand in their response the have acted exactly as I would like and expect them to, professionally and factually. Well done DCFC, keep your dignity and let the EFL continue to threaten all manner of courses of action and appeal their own appeals like the spoilt children that appear to be.

They as an organisation are showing themselves up at ever turn, just simply embarrassing. 

26 minutes ago, rynny said:

@Spanish is correct, LAP heard the appeal, then both the EFL and ourselves had the choice of the LAP issuing the punishment or it going back to the DC. If the LAP had given the punishment then that would be the end of it, no one could appeal, however as it is the DC making the decision on what punishment both parties can appeal. 

Got them mixed up ( age thing )but its still good as the DC are the ones who gave a fine cant see them going for a nuclear option after that ?

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

More incompetence on both sides - who doesnt take and agree minutes for such a meeting? Ridiculous on both sides. I think that is what annoys me. EFL should admit own incompetence mitigates matters

all they had to do was properly disclose the method in the audited statements, they didn't

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The club statement certainly shows a modicum of professionalism and respect. There are clearly guidelines with which this scenario should be made public and we as Derby County are behaving appropriately in spite of the worst efforts of the EFL. 

to quote the club..

”Although the Disciplinary Commission has yet to publish its full written reasons for its Decision, the EFL issued a press release about it and the fixture list last night. The Club is disappointed that the EFL has not, as is usual, waited until after the publication of the Disciplinary Commission’s reasons nor agreed a statement with the Club and in addition has chosen to be selective about the Decision and present it in a form which omit key dates and details, which the Club has provided by way of clarity above.”

The way in which the EFL have released the results to the media and therefore the public domain shows their clear and utter contempt and disregard for Derby County a founding member of what  their organisation is built upon.

DCFC on the other hand in their response the have acted exactly as I would like and expect them to, professionally and factually. Well done DCFC, keep your dignity and let the EFL continue to threaten all manner of courses of action and appeal their own appeals like the spoilt children that appear to be.

They as an organisation are showing themselves up at ever turn, just simply embarrassing. 

yep that is a great response

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Got them mixed up ( age thing )but its still good as the DC are the ones who gave a fine cant see them going for a nuclear option after that ?

Sorry Reg, an appeal for the fine will most likely end up with LAP.  The DC are no longer involved in this particular charge.  If we breach P&S on the restated figs then that goes to DC but a s a separate matter