EFL Verdict

DCFC90

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought that was a good pre-emptive strike. No use letting the EFL dock points and then try and appeal them, we need to stop the EFLs idea that docking points retrospectively is ever an option (for any team tbh).

They will have told Wycombe that they will ask for this in their appeal. So they will. But it’s the decision of the panel not the EFl and they won’t get it.

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

They will have told Wycombe that they will ask for this in their appeal. So they will. But it’s the decision of the panel not the EFl and they won’t get it.

It's still good to make it known. 

12 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I'd be up for us hiring an industrial paint sprayer, getting @Eddie to make one of his super hot curries, with us all on the forum consuming a large portion, having us all expell the molten liquid mess gurgling away in our bowels into a large vat, filling the paint sprayer with it and coating for irremovably stained eternity the words  "duck The EFL" on a wall at their headquarters.

Count me in, I love a curry me.

But to be serious for a moment, I’d happily chip in 25 of our English quids if we could put out a statement of some kind saying that this vendetta against Mel Morris is affecting innocent people which cannot be right.

By all means exclude Morris and Pearce from holding positions at any football club as soon as he has sold the club if that’s what makes them feel good but fans of DCFC are innocent in all this bickering and point scoring exercise by the EFL and Gibson and we should not be punished yet again, we’ve pretty much put up with enough already.

I'd have thought that realistically nobody is going to actually sue the EFL and win, because they aren't a regulated body and are free to make up their own rules, and as they've been so eager to make clear, apply them whenever they want even if it means screwing over people who've compiled with their guidance (not laws, not even rules) for years.

I'm not convinced that it's a fear of being sued that's really driving them, actually trying to sue the EFL is more likely to see your your expulsion from the league than anything else, isn't it? 

It's a pride thing.

Edited by Coconut

18 hours ago, S8TY said:

Absolute joke and the efl are a disgrace …we are also a shambolic disgrace of a club 

The implications of this are far worse …who will sign for us not knowing what league we’re going to be in?

who will invest in us knowing the mess we’re in and the efl are basically encouraging Wycombe to appeal so we can be relegated …if we decide to appeal this will also take ages and also hold us back on both player and investment fronts …joke!!!! Absolute ******** joke!!!

I really don’t see why the EFL are a disgrace, we “bent” the rules, I think we would all agree we broke a number of rules. Therefore we should take whatever punishment they want to dish out. I think only one party is a disgrace and it’s Derby County Football Club. 

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I mean, do you really blame Wycombe? I don't 

I don't give a flying duck for Wycombe. Just pointing out their true colours to one or two that might be feeling sympathy for them.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

The 25 quid is for paying the hundred grand fine. If 4,000 of us chipped 25 quid each, the fans would be paying the fine not the club which I’m positive would piss The EFL off mightily. 

And as the poster who first proposed the idea mentioned, it could be good publicity.

Set up a crowd-funding site?

35 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The statement from the club is not combative and is certainly not lunacy, if anything it is factual and restrained.

'EFL has chosen to be selective about the Decision and present it in a form which omit key dates and details, which the Club has provided by way of clarity above.'

This doesn't pass the giggle test if you go back and look at the statement the club issued after losing the appeal. Talk about selective...

Combative may not be the word. Childish petulance may be a better description. Percy's article about the 'bitter feud' is driven by the club's response to the EFL statement. It is not what we want, because it will just perpetuate the attacks on us, it will guarantee that the EFL seeks the maximum penalty  

The on going fighting with the EFL is damaging the club, we can all see that. Why are people talking about suing them ? 

1 minute ago, eccles the ram said:

Reading other fans forums the majority of fans have got it in for us. They or us perhaps do not know the full details but most have made up their minds. Next season will have to be a 'Millwall mentality' by both the players and fans alike!

Ok if we adopt a siege mentality, which I agree with, that would mean no slagging off the players, the manager or the owner.

Support for the club must be 100% non conditional

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I really don’t see why the EFL are a disgrace, we “bent” the rules, I think we would all agree we broke a number of rules. Therefore we should take whatever punishment they want to dish out. I think only one party is a disgrace and it’s Derby County Football Club. 

Which rules have we broken ? 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Set up a crowd-funding site?

Roy, this is me you’re quoting now, I can just about sign in on here, setting up a crowdfunding site is way beyond my capabilities. Also, it wasn’t my idea originally, while happy to contribute I wouldn’t be happy about stealing somebody else’s thunder when all credit should go to them for having the idea in the first instance. ?

Just now, eccles the ram said:

Reading other fans forums the majority of fans have got it in for us. They or us perhaps do not know the full details but most have made up their minds. Next season will have to be a 'Millwall mentality' by both the players and fans alike!

Because they’ve been fed the crap the daily fail has been putting out on behalf of the EFL, convinced themselves we’re cheats and through their partisan blinkers want to see us burn. Stuff coming out now (even Kieran Maguire) saying we’re potentially within spending limits with the change in amortisation policy - therefore no unfair advantage at all. 

duck the EFL and the Bamfords they represent! 

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Which rules have we broken ? 

So you think selling the club to yourself or faking a bunch of player values was all “above board” get over yourself, they knew what they were doing just thought they would have sold them club by now so It would be someone else’s problem. 
If It was some shady foreign owner or Forest everyone would be up in arms about It 

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So you think selling the club to yourself or faking a bunch of player values was all “above board” get over yourself, they knew what they were doing just thought they would have sold them club by now so It would be someone else’s problem. 
If It was some shady foreign owner or Forest everyone would be up in arms about It 

Yes i do. Is Gibson selling Boro’s debts to his haulage company shady ? Are Qpr , Bournemouth , Villa , Leicester etc not shady getting promotion by breaking FFP Forests owner allegedly the most shady of all. Shady values ? All transfer values are finger in the air . Get over yourself if you think all other clubs are sweetness and light 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

The 25 quid is for paying the hundred grand fine. If 4,000 of us chipped 25 quid each, the fans would be paying the fine not the club which I’m positive would piss The EFL off mightily. 

And as the poster who first proposed the idea mentioned, it could be good publicity.

It would be even better, and I'd certainly get on board with this, if we raised the £100k and sunk it into the community projects across the EFL.

Imagine spreading that money across the Championship's clubs community work, all 24 teams including our own, and daring the EFL to say that wasn't the deal!