EFL Verdict

DCFC90

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Isn't this just supposition. Why wouldn't the DC review their penalty - the EFL if they appealed would have to put forward a case? Why would it go to the LAP who have already passed on it?

Isn't this just supposition....no it isn't.......yes it is........oh this is just futile......

7 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Sorry, why will they ‘undoubtedly’ give a points penalty? There are many steps between a £100k fine (+reprimand) that don’t equal a points penalty.

I think we got a better hearing with the DC than we did with the LAP.

10 hours ago, Coconut said:

How many more clubs are the EFL going to forcibly attempt to send into liquidation once they finally move on from us?

Their failings as an organisation have seen the end or became within a whisker of seeing the end of a handful already, there's no sign of of any conscience or sense of responsibility from them though.

They'd rather sacrifice an entire club with over 120 years of history to appease one or two playing crybaby on the assumption that we've somehow gained an advantage over them (an advantage that in reality we haven't. even. bloody. gained) and save face by constantly appealing until they get someone to tell them they're 'right'... but that's not enough, no, they then want to appeal and appeal and appeal until someone finally agrees to implement their ridiculously OTT punishment.

They've already cost us far more than anything our methods could possibly have cost anyone else.

Protecting your member clubs my arse. They don't even know the meaning of the word. Absolute ducking scum more akin to the mafia than a sporting body.

Absolutely 100% nail on the head. Couldn't have put it better myself...

LAP doesn't appear an appropriate body to arbitrate for appeals in this instance. 

Its basically 1 lawyer from both the EFL and Derby, then a third lawyer supposedly independently appointed.

How a LAP can be appealed to beyond a DC which appears to have more expertise and manpower is beyond me. 

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

Are you for real !

Yes because I’m a grown up who doesn’t seek to blame the mess we are in on those nasty EFL people as opposed to the owner of our football club. Why hasn’t the club filed accounts for the last 3 years? Why have we tried to game the system while other clubs haven’t? Mel isn’t as smart as he thinks he is and the football authorities have caught up with him, simple as that. 

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

One point that everyone appears to be overlooking is....

This is unfair on Wycombe. How can they prepare for the new season not knowing which League they will be in? Do they go out and find new players so that they're competitive? And, if so, at what standard? Do they need to sell to make ends meet?

I have to say, I'm not duly bothered about this if I'm REALLY honest ?

4 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

LAP doesn't appear an appropriate body to arbitrate for appeals in this instance. 

Its basically 1 lawyer from both the EFL and Derby, then a third lawyer supposedly independently appointed.

How a LAP can be appealed to beyond a DC which appears to have more expertise and manpower is beyond me. 

Is that how it went with Birmingham?

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Yes because I’m a grown up who doesn’t seek to blame the mess we are in on those nasty EFL people as opposed to the owner of our football club. Why hasn’t the club filed accounts for the last 3 years? Why have we tried to game the system while other clubs haven’t? Mel isn’t as smart as he thinks he is and the football authorities have caught up with him, simple as that. 

Are you sure you are a grown up?

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Because of the EFL case! Their case was that simply by filing the accounts with the amortisation method we used was breaking the rules, how could we file new accounts when we had no idea until the conclusion of this case whether we could or could not use that method?

7 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

That’s not ‘undoubtedly’ though?

You, nor I, have any idea what the LAP will do, using such a word as undoubtedly is incredibly misleading.

please accept my most humble apologies

Our club statement appears to be written by someone that has a clue - brief and well constructed yet still makes the EFL look like the dimwits they are.

I think the longer it goes on the less likely automatic relegation would be. I suspect it'll be 3 or 6 points deduction at the end of it all but assuming the appeal doesn't go through until after this season kicks off surely it has to be apply to next season as we need all the points we can get this season!

It would be ironic if we went up this season as the points deduction technically wouldn't be enforceable unless the Premier League agreed to it (I think).

Just an idea, but could us fans start a petition to pass on to a local MP or the Sports Minister raising the EFL's unfair treatment of our club?

Some of the things the EFL are trying to impose seem very shady to me. I don't think it's in the rules they can relegate us over a month after the season has finished. The statement they raised last night could dramatically affect our chances of signing players or getting a takeover completed. 

All of this seems really unjust, and a shade illegal to me.

Let’s see this for what it is, a vendetta against Mel Morris and Derby County from the EFL for having the audacity to stand up to them over the TV money and threaten a Premier League 2 which other club owners backed him on, and a vendetta from Steve Gibson and Boro because we beat them to the playoffs (despite Boro having a BIGGER BUDGET THAN WE DID that season!!) 

Rather than try to sort out the issues on wages and make the championship a level playing field they just want to wage war against Derby and won’t back down to save face and appease other championship owners who are self interested to the point of being vindicative. We have been screwed over more than any other club because of the ongoing transfer embargoes due to this process and vindictive statements like saying the fixtures are interchangeable. It is beyond shameful.

There is no way we get a points deduction for this breach as there is no precedent.

There is no way a points deduction would be applied retrospectively as again - no precedent

Any deduction will result from new accounts submissions which will be a new charge and hopefully much more simple to determine. That could only apply next season. And it is by no means clear we would breach the limits anyway. 

Time to back the club, Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce on this issue 

Edited by Boycie
Removed swear work