EFL Verdict

DCFC90

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think their potential appeal is against our to be re-submitted accounts I think its against the £100k fine. In other words they could appeal today if they wanted.

Derby should take the fine and move on. But the EFL definitely want us relegated. And unfortunately it's been shown that when they want something, they find someway to get it. Bunch of corrupt bar stewards 

Edited by Rammy03

It’s all well and good not submitting the accounts until the season has started but until the accounts are filed, the embargo stays in place. Whatever the conclusion of this saga brings, it’s highly likely relegation will be inevitable next season, either by points deduction or is basically having to field the academy kids.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think their potential appeal is against our to be re-submitted accounts I think its against the £100k fine. In other words they could appeal today if they wanted.

You're right the appeal would be against the fine, but in order to decide whether to appeal they'd be well-advised to wait for the DC's reasons, which haven't been given yet.

I'm pretty sure that the possibility of points deduction/relegation this season does not come from the accounts which are to be submitted by 18 Aug, but from the possibility of an appeal against the fine.

If the new accounts show a breach of the financial rules then, as others have said, that would surely have to be a new charge.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This!!

The accounts submission is tomorrow's problem; today's is whether the EFL accept the punishment handed down for the accounting policy breach.

From the Club Statement, there seems to be open acknowledgement that the EFL wanted a points deduction for it - but, if they do appeal the sanction, to go from a £100k fine to a relegation-inducing retrospective points deduction would take quite a change of attitude from the Panel towards the 'value' of the breach.

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I thought it was always stated that the charge that the EFL appealed against couldnt bring a points deduction? The outcome the efl wanted I’d assume is to prove that our method is wrong, then make us resubmit and sting us with another round of charges. 

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

What we need is a parallel universe so we can continue in both the championship and league one until this is all sorted out. 

I prefer the parallel universe where either Forsyth, Buxton, or Keogh put it into Wembley's row Z against QPR, we went on to win it in extra time, made a few astute signings, and are now a firmly established premier league outfit...

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Derby should take the fine and move on. But the EFL definitely want us relegated

They don't want us relegated, they want us out of business.

...but only as long as we're owned by Mel Morris, with the suggestion being that they'd give us more leeway if he'd already managed to sell up successfully.

Edited by Coconut

Isn’t the point of an independent panel that they are ‘independent’ - where the hell do the EFL get the idea that they have the right to determine the penalty? - particularly when they have effectively won on the same point twice - the first time giving us as slap on the wrist and the second time (this one) giving us a fine….. another appeal will simply show them to be vindictive and thereby unfit for purpose….

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

This!!

The accounts submission is tomorrow's problem; today's is whether the EFL accept the punishment handed down for the accounting policy breach.

From the Club Statement, there seems to be open acknowledgement that the EFL wanted a points deduction for it - but, if they do appeal the sanction, to go from a £100k fine to a relegation-inducing retrospective points deduction would take quite a change of attitude from the Panel towards the 'value' of the breach.

The problem is, the panels that decided the 100k fine were the same ones that cleared us in the first place. I assume if the EFL appeal, it will go back to the arbitration panel who were significantly more strict and said that we shouldn’t have been cleared in the first place. So a jump from a fine to points isn’t that unrealistic.

Just now, Dan_Ram said:

The problem is, the panels that decided the 100k fine were the same ones that cleared us in the first place. I assume if the EFL appeal, it will go back to the arbitration panel who were significantly more strict and said that we shouldn’t have been cleared in the first place. So a jump from a fine to points isn’t that unrealistic.

Why would that happen?

3 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Except that second panel deferred the punishment decision back to the first panel, as either they didn't have the right, or didn't see that it should be their responsibility (I forget which) to impose sporting sanctions.

Edited by Coconut

3 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

The arbitration panel opted to let the DC impose a penalty. If they wanted to kill us with a points deduction they presumably could have just done it then and decided not to.

So we won the first appeal, only a 100k fine on the second from the independent panel, you’d hope the EFL just drop it now or they’ll clearly be touching on victimisation and vendetta territory. We’ve been punished enough with the embargo and having our name dragged through the mud by them. Have no faith they’ll drop it though this will roll on and leave us with a very thin squad for next season. 

Edited by YouRams

25 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Club should start a 'duck the efl' appeal (with a more politically correct name). Give fans the option of paying £10 each towards the fine with the response hopefully giving an indication of our annoyance at the way the EFL have handled things.

I love this idea of a fund set up for Deby fans to pay the fine. This would show that we as a 'club' won't just let the EFL walk all over us.

When we reach the 100k, us as fans personally take the money to the EFL HQ and show our disgust at how they as an organisation can victimise a club like they are doing. 

This would get amazing press and highlight what a poo show the EFL really are. 

Wow. This just gets crazier, and there's no sign of it ending any time soon.

I can't see the EFL demoting us just yet, as the timescale is far too tight to make those changes - but getting prepped for at least a 12 point deduction now though, to try and relegate us that way.

All I can see is (if) the EFL ratified everything at the time - can't we just print some emails off as proof they have no come back now?

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I love this idea of a fund set up for Deby fans to pay the fine. This would show that we as a 'club' won't just let the EFL walk all over us.

When we reach the 100k, us as fans personally take the money to the EFL HQ and show our disgust at how they as an organisation can victimise a club like they are doing. 

This would get amazing press and highlight what a poo show the EFL really are. 

In 1p coins