EFL Verdict

DCFC90

4 minutes ago, JfR said:

Interesting that the EFL omits the dates that the commission gave. We have until 18 August to submit accounts - after the start of the season. It would be absolute chaos if we submitted on 18 August, and the EFL then claimed we were in the wrong division having already played Championship fixtures. 

“The Club is disappointed that the EFL has not, as is usual, waited until after the publication of the Disciplinary Commission’s reasons nor agreed a statement with the Club and in addition has chosen to be selective about the Decision and present it in a form which omit key dates and details, which the Club has provided by way of clarity above.”

This and the timing of their statement shows how truly vindictive the EFL are. Shocking.

22 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

Given it’s taken 2 yrs to get to this stage I don’t see how we suddenly get a points deduction to end up in League One straight away. Feels more likely we’ll still be in the Chanpionship but they’ll try their hardest to give us a points deduction during the season. Not that they need to bother as dragging this out effectively sends us down anyway. 
The EFL must be full of Forest fans

Your phrase "Not that they need to bother as dragging this out effectively sends us down anyway " is totally spot on. They know we are not getting a points deduction now for these issues so paralysing us in terms of takeover and a squad rebuild is their way of making sure we get one anyway effectively and then going after another if refiled accounts mean we breach FFP. Ensuring we are weak next season so a, say, 12 point deduction would be something we cant get over on the pitch. Spiteful and petty

3 minutes ago, David said:

“The Club is disappointed that the EFL has not, as is usual, waited until after the publication of the Disciplinary Commission’s reasons nor agreed a statement with the Club and in addition has chosen to be selective about the Decision and present it in a form which omit key dates and details, which the Club has provided by way of clarity above.”

This and the timing of their statement shows how truly vindictive the EFL are. Shocking.

This. Appalling by the EFL.

Surely we have strong grounds to take the EFL to court for victimisation. What they're doing is causing confusion and bad press which affects our ability to sign players or get a takeover bid through. It also upsets our fans. 

I don't think there is anything in the EFL rules where they can relegate us over a month after the previous season is finished. 

In my opinion, the EFL are a corrupt organisation that needs putting down a peg or two. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they start paying officials to make decisions go against us. 

All of this has totally sucked my enthusiasm for football out of me. If this is lingering on in to the new season, I can't really be bothered with it all any more. Wake me up when all of this rubbish is over! 

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Interesting that the EFL omits the dates that the commission gave. We have until 18 August to submit accounts - after the start of the season. It would be absolute chaos if we submitted on 18 August, and the EFL then claimed we were in the wrong division having already played Championship fixtures. 

But assume we wont delay that long if we are under embargo until submitted

I can understand why other clubs are laughing at us right now but they won't be laughing when they are next.

The EFL is supposed to be a democracy, where clubs have a say in their own futures. Instead it's more like mob justice that instigates witch-hunts against its own member clubs to purify the leagues. It's insane

I can see why the EFL had to release something last night, with the fixtures coming out today. The rest of it is just a face saving exercise for them. 

Still doesn’t look like the embargo will be lifted during this window. 

I get that we are in the wrong here (let's face it, we have cooked the books), but it continues to astound me how childish and petty the EFL are as a professional organisation.

Omitting the dates and deadlines, despite them being crucial pieces of information, just stinks of being deliberately deceptive. And rushing to get your point of view out there first at 11pm, even before the commission, is just playground stuff really.

If this were any other type of organisation, you'd never shop there again, cancel your membership, make a complaint, leave a one-star TrustPilot review, etc.