EFL Verdict

DCFC90

10 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

The problem is, the panels that decided the 100k fine were the same ones that cleared us in the first place. I assume if the EFL appeal, it will go back to the arbitration panel who were significantly more strict and said that we shouldn’t have been cleared in the first place. So a jump from a fine to points isn’t that unrealistic.

That's a good point. The 'impartial' independent panel have made their decision and they are done now. 

An appeal would pass the decision back to the nasties appointed by the EFL

Am I right in believing that an Employment Tribunal agreed with Derby's decision to sack Keogh but the EFL came up with their own different decision ?

Edited by SamUltraRam

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I thought it was always stated that the charge that the EFL appealed against couldnt bring a points deduction? The outcome the efl wanted I’d assume is to prove that our method is wrong, then make us resubmit and sting us with another round of charges. 

it was assumed by some but never stated as such.  The DC say fine, both side can appeal to LAP.  I can't believe the club will appeal.  If the EFL do (and I think they will because every other club will want it) the LAP overrule the DC again, then points will relegate us for offences that took place seasons before.

If it is a fine then we stay where we are.

When the club produces restated accounts and if they show a breach then the DC will announce a penalty which is likely to be points.  DCFC will appeal to the LAP under this separate charge.  Any penalty will be applied in that season.

We are ducked whichever way you spin it

1. fine only, restated accounts compliant.  Missed the transfer window, relegation likely
  2. fine only, restated accounts breach points penalty in new season.  Missed the transfer window, relegation certainty
  3. Points penalty, restated accounts compliant.  Relegated backdated, missed the transfer window, tough season in Div 1
  4. Points penalty, restated accounts breach points penalty in new season.  Relegated backdated, missed the transfer window, very tough season in Div 1 (flirting with further relegation)

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I love this idea of a fund set up for Deby fans to pay the fine. This would show that we as a 'club' won't just let the EFL walk all over us.

When we reach the 100k, us as fans personally take the money to the EFL HQ and show our disgust at how they as an organisation can victimise a club like they are doing. 

This would get amazing press and highlight what a poo show the EFL really are. 

We should take it to their HQ in a lorry full of 2,000,000 5p coins and tip them at the front door.

There needs to be some type of Government body that sits above the EFL that can look into the way that they operate.

I have no issue with the EFL going after us or anyone else for breaching FFP, that is part of what they are there for. However what is not acceptable is the way there go about things.

- they should not be influenced by outside parties

- they should be aligned as much as possible with the football clubs when they issue press statements

- they should inform clubs when they intend to issue press statements

- transfer embargo's should be a last resort and instances where they are responsible for the loss of a Jack Marriott should not happen

- They should not issue prejudicial statements such as the Wycombe/Derby one until it is justified (Derby are regulated)

- They should not look to treat a club in a different and prejudicial way to others (Retrospective relegation) 

I think the EFL operational mandate and leadership needs to be investigated

13 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I prefer the parallel universe where either Forsyth, Buxton, or Keogh put it into Wembley's row Z against QPR, we went on to win it in extra time, made a few astute signings, and are now a firmly established premier league outfit...

If QPR or Villa had been punished for their P&S breaches in the season they occurred.........

The Wycombe comments are worrying me.

They are effectively signposting that the EFL believe that we should be relegated. They could also help Wycombe put together a case for compensation. If EFL are not expecting us to be relegated, it is an extraordinarily inflammatory statement. IMO, there is far more here than we are currently seeing - EFL expect that we will start next season in League 1.

So that must be a points deduction, but how?

If they appeal the punishment, it will take month or two and we'd likely challenge it in court afterwards - too slow.

I see no avenue for Wycombe (or Middlesbrough) to take action leading to a points deduction.

If we restate the accounts and fail P&S, it would trigger a new round of hearings, panels, punishments and appeals. I expect this will be a feature of the Autumn, but is not going to be concluded in the next few weeks, so this isn't relegating us for 'last' season.

So logically, it looks as if the EFL have another disciplinary avenue away from the P&S system that they are going to follow. Maybe one where they can directly impose a punishment with no right to appeal? I suspect that we're about to hear about something like,' failing to act in the utmost good faith', which oddly carries a punishment to be determined by the EFL.

19 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I love this idea of a fund set up for Deby fans to pay the fine. This would show that we as a 'club' won't just let the EFL walk all over us.

When we reach the 100k, us as fans personally take the money to the EFL HQ and show our disgust at how they as an organisation can victimise a club like they are doing. 

And pay it in 1ps and make them count it. ??

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

When does the DC documentation usually land?

Probably in the next few days. I imagine both the club and the efl streesed they wanted a decision before fixtures were released so they did get the headline prior. I'd expect early next week most likely.

29 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Maybe we could pay it in 1p coins.that would be fun and I would be up for that