EFL Verdict

DCFC90

12 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I can’t see how we will comply with the preferred method of amortisation or we would have just used that in the first place.

We will have used it to provide us with further leg-room, to enable us to remain active & competitive in the transfer market for more than just freebies & loans,  whereas following the standard method would have simply seen us stay within limits but have no power / room / money to sign anyone.

In other words, the reason we've used ourmethod isn't in order to keep within limits, it's to push them.

Theoretically, anyway.

Edited by Coconut

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But the final line on the web page:

"* Please note that these fixtures are subject to change and at this stage the fixture list is regarded as a DRAFT."

So buying a season ticket is regarded as draft as well then ( not a pop at you Roy) 

Is there a precedent here for a retrospective relegation?  All I can recall is teams getting points deductions either in the season they're actually playing, or deferred to the start of the next season.  I don't recall ever getting to the point where a team is ready to kick-off the next season and then get retrospectively relegated. 

I've said this before in that we've clearly played the game to try and get to the PL, as many team who don't get parachute payments do.  Constrained financially by restrictive rules.  But this whole episode smacks of a witch hunt by the EFL.   We've suffered so much already, with barely a team to start the season with.  And now this.  Will they ever let it go?  Absolutely doing my head in. 

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Also, what if Derby just go into administartion citing the £100k fine then the new ownership immediatly removes us from admin?

12 point deduction. To retain our place in the EFL we would need to agree to pay off all footballing debts in full before exiting administration. We'd have the choice of still paying the £100k or dropping out of the league.

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why is this being challenged now?

"Further issue is how the £12m profit on writing off some shares in 2016 is classified for FFP."

We weren’t charged for anything to do with that £12 million though ( I strongly suspect a lot of clubs have done that and by a lot more) 

9 hours ago, Derbados said:

****** hell, how many times can the EFL appeal!!? they didn’t like the original decision, so they appealed, they’ve now got the appeal decision, they don’t like that so they’re now going to appeal the appeal! 

This is absolute madness, do they just keep appealing until they get the answer they want!? 

I’m sure I read that only Derby could appeal the arbitration panels decision and not the EFL……. complete drawn out farce that leaves us in total limbo yet again

Given it’s taken 2 yrs to get to this stage I don’t see how we suddenly get a points deduction to end up in League One straight away. Feels more likely we’ll still be in the Chanpionship but they’ll try their hardest to give us a points deduction during the season. Not that they need to bother as dragging this out effectively sends us down anyway. 
The EFL must be full of Forest fans

18 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Is there a precedent here for a retrospective relegation?  All I can recall is teams getting points deductions either in the season they're actually playing, or deferred to the start of the next season.  I don't recall ever getting to the point where a team is ready to kick-off the next season and then get retrospectively relegated. 

I've said this before in that we've clearly played the game to try and get to the PL, as many team who don't get parachute payments do.  Constrained financially by restrictive rules.  But this whole episode smacks of a witch hunt by the EFL.   We've suffered so much already, with barely a team to start the season with.  And now this.  Will they ever let it go?  Absolutely doing my head in. 

There isn't a precedent because it's bloody ridiculous. We're only a few weeks away from kicking off, players will be returning soon. It's farcical that we could be relegated in pre season. 

7 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

I’m sure I read that only Derby could appeal the arbitration panels decision and not the EFL……. complete drawn out farce that leaves us in total limbo yet again

Yes, I am sure I read that as well a while back, earlier on in the saga. As well as the 100k fine did we have to pay the legal costs of the EFL? I am just wondering what this is costing the EFL and what they now have to gain from taking this further. They have saved face as we have been fined and deemed to be 'guilty' of something but is it really in their interests to drag this on? Hopefully common sense will prevail and we all can move on.....

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

There isn't a precedent because it's bloody ridiculous. We're only a few weeks away from kicking off, players will be returning soon. It's farcical that we could be relegated in pre season. 

Settling things in pre-season would be a dangerous precedent. Forest fans won't have to wait until the end of August before claiming they've won the league.

Last night the Disciplinary Commission communicated the following findings to the parties:

1. It declared the Club’s accounts for years ended 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017 and 30 June 2018 did not comply with the requirements of the Championship Profitability and Sustainability Rules (‘the P&S Rules’).

2. It ordered the Club submit revised accounts for those years by 18 August 2021 using a policy for the amortisation of player registrations which complies both with the requirements of FRS 102 and with the P&S Rules.

3. It issued the Club with a reprimand, along with a fine of £100,000."