EFL Verdict

DCFC90

Lads and lasses and anyone who is gender fluid.  Can anyone update me with the substance of this horror story. 

have I missed something ? .. so the EFL aren’t appealing the 100k sanction ? 

So all that’s left is what they decide to do after we re submit our accounts with the “approved” amortisation method ? … (not that it was ever approved or recommended at the time but ya know we are the EFL and we have a Tardis and if we want to get you we will ) so we are looking at anything from Scot free to circa 6 points in the coming season in the championship? 

cheers 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Lads and lasses and anyone who is gender fluid.  Can anyone update me with the substance of this horror story. 

have I missed something ? .. so the EFL aren’t appealing the 100k sanction ? 

So all that’s left is what they decide to do after we re submit our accounts with the “approved” amortisation method ? … (not that it was ever approved or recommended at the time but ya know we are the EFL and we have a Tardis and if we want to get you we will ) so we are looking at anything from Scot free to circa 6 points in the coming season in the championship? 

cheers 

Efl have no grounds to appeal 100k or points duction there lawyers or lap dc p.s said the same things and pp also fell p.s only thing to do now submit 3 years worth of accounts under new model and hope embargo to be lifted if we dont then may face fresh charges.

3 hours ago, Stockyram92 said:

Im more alarmed that he thinks the squad we have at the moment is enough! Is that just the clubs way of saying we won't be making any signings? 

I think he’s suggesting there is a plan to have a credible squad by the time the season starts. He seems to suggest Rooney has a big part to play in that. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The season doesn't start for another 5 weeks. When Lampard joined we didn't make any key signings until the latter parts of July.

And hindsight says we shouldn’t have done that lot either ?actual permanent signings that is 

Edited by Sparkle

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

There’s nothing in that interview to alarm us anymore than we are already.

We’ve cleared the decks of players that we won’t give a second thought to and I predict that by the end of the transfer window we will have signed a few permanent and loan signings. Rooney will have his squad to be judged against instead of past managers working with players inherited.

I’m sure that there are players willing to wait if it means playing for Derby under Rooney. 

Will we go up next season? No.

Will we get relegated? I don’t believe so.

Things will look better in 5 weeks time. 

I don't mean to be funny here bit why would players wait just to play under Rooney other than for his name?

He really did little to impress outsiders with his coaching ability last season either in terms of the more established players or the youngsters who mostly regressed under his supervision.

I think the biggest draw would be to have a stable big club once sgain with fantastic facilities with the ability to both pay them on time and have the ambition and funding to move the club onwards and upwards.

We have cleared a hurdle in not being relegated and we will hopefully be in new hands soon which should address the rest,thank God but i really don't see Rooney as being the big draw that some do.

Starting the season positively and seeing the team perform in a coherent fashion may increase his draw as a manager come January but we shall see.

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He really did little to impress outsiders with his coaching ability last season either in terms of the more established players or the youngsters who mostly regressed under his supervision.

In your opinion. We'll see won't we whether being on the inside makes a difference. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Efl have no grounds to appeal 100k or points duction there lawyers or lap dc p.s said the same things and pp also fell p.s only thing to do now submit 3 years worth of accounts under new model and hope embargo to be lifted if we dont then may face fresh charges.

@jono what he said. ?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Macca, in all seriousness what did Wazza do to impress outsiders looking in ? 1 win in 16 games to end the season wasn’t great was it….

For all his faults, WR scraped keeping us up, despite the absolute clown show we became. Personally I think he was part of the show but still, credit where it's due. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Macca, in all seriousness what did Wazza do to impress outsiders looking in ? 1 win in 16 games to end the season wasn’t great was it….

Not my opinion, but some outsiders and maybe even some insiders who may know more of what he had to deal with than us fans do will see that he dragged a broken club under an embargo off the bottom of the league and kept us up in difficult circumstances. 

Then there is Rooney as a name plus his probable contacts within the game in terms of clubs, staff & agents. After all Lampard got Mount, Tomori & Wilson from his name & contacts.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't mean to be funny here bit why would players wait just to play under Rooney other than for his name?

You may be right regarding your second paragraph Kash, but do we really yet know how good his coaching and man-management skills are? Which senior players have made comments to suggest he might not be up to the job? Waghorn perhaps, but I can’t think of any others.  
As for our youngsters, have they regressed because of him, or did many of them experience a difficult second year of pro-football? It is ‘easy’ to come in for a few games at the age of 18/19/20 and make a really positive impression, offering glimpses of star quality. But the Championship is a long, hard demanding league, and many of the players who make other teams tick are hardened, expererinced professionals. In my view Buchanan, Sibley, Knight, Bird, etc., suffered last year not because of Rooney per se, but because too many of our experienced players were found wanting, because we were in survival mode from November onwards, and because our squad was so wafer thin because of injuries that some youngsters were being played in too many games, often out of position.

I am at heart a happy clapper, so I think a few astute signings by Rooney could make the world of difference to our youngsters in the coming season. I don’t see it being the shitshow others keep stating it could be.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You may be right regarding your second paragraph Kash, but do we really yet know how good his coaching and man-management skills are? Which senior players have made comments to suggest he might not be up to the job? Waghorn perhaps, but I can’t think of any others.  
As for our youngsters, have they regressed because of him, or did many of them experience a difficult second year of pro-football? It is ‘easy’ to come in for a few games at the age of 18/19/20 and make a really positive impression, offering glimpses of star quality. But the Championship is a long, hard demanding league, and many of the players who make other teams tick are hardened, expererinced professionals. In my view Buchanan, Sibley, Knight, Bird, etc., suffered last year not because of Rooney per se, but because too many of our experienced players were found wanting, because we were in survival mode from November onwards, and because our squad was so wafer thin because of injuries that some youngsters were being played in too many games, often out of position.

I am at heart a happy clapper, so I think a few astute signings by Rooney could make the world of difference to our youngsters in the coming season. I don’t see it being the shitshow others keep stating it could be.

Totally agree.

Rooney impressed me in that run with Bielik in the side, but then worried me afterwards. Hopefully that spell where he had good players at his disposal will the norm next season. At the moment he deserves 100% backing from fans for now because he is the manager and it's (hopefully) a new start.

On 04/07/2021 at 15:36, Charlotte Ram said:

Top 45 is not top 5,  credibility will be everything with the submission of these sets of accounts.

From what Pearce said, sounds like we are sharing the accounts with EFl in advance of submitting them. Good idea if EFl will engage

by the way do you know whether other championship clubs use the biggest accounting firms for their audit work? Wd be interesting to know if we are in the minority using a just-top-50 firm 

55 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

For all his faults, WR scraped keeping us up, despite the absolute clown show we became. Personally I think he was part of the show but still, credit where it's due. 

We stayed up because Marlon Pack scored in the 88th minute and Sheffield Wednesday had a 6 point deduction. 

Between February and the end of the season we won one game. I would imagine on any other season with that form we would have been relegated. It's an absolute miracle we didn't go down.

It wasn't just losing games, that was bad enough. It was the way we lost games. There was no plan, no structure, no idea. It was absolutely hopeless from the coaching staff down. 

He made bizarre decisions. Constantly playing Forsyth over Buchanan despite Forsyth being utterly woeful. Roos getting in goal over Marshall (I know Marshall isn't a world beater by any stretch, but he's twice the keeper Roos will ever be) Making a ridiculous amount of changes at Cardiff which resulted in us being absolutely battered, only to lose the following game, Never really picking a settled back 4, constantly coming out after games saying we must do better only for the next game to come round and us be just as bad if not worse. Never giving Sibley a chance. The lack of creativity in midfield was borderline embarrassing and Sibley never got a look in. 

I mean the bloke picked three holding midfielders in for England v Germany which resulted in him getting absolute pelters on twitter by most of the country who were in utter disbelief.

I don't trust his judgement at all. I agree with some other people on here that people won't come because it's Rooney having seen what he did last season.

I will be the first person to happily admit being wrong if he does well (I think he needs someone a lot more experienced on the coaching staff to help) but I honestly cannot see it.

The best players don't always make the best managers. 

I remember reading an article where Danny Mills (I think it was him) was talking about playing at City under Stuart Pearce. Obviously Pearce was an England legend, had a very good career (not Rooney's level admittedly) and Mills was really excited to work with him. But within 2 weeks he and a lot of the other players realised that Pearce didn't have a clue. Doesn't take long for players to figure it out.

I personally hope that once a takeover happens, it's a clean slate for everyone and that for me would be a new manager and new coaching staff.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Totally agree.

Well, now I know I am right. Hope all good with you Angie x.  Max Bird will be some player over the next few years. Handled correctly he could be just as good as Michael Carrick, or players of similar ilk. Not sure he will ever be a Nivea poster boy though.