EFL Verdict

DCFC90

On 02/07/2021 at 09:44, Eddie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the EFL wait until the last possible moment before appealing the fine, then give the appeals process until the day after the transfer window closes to deliver its verdict. It won't be a points deduction, but as far as they are concerned, it would be the next best thing. If they could swing it out to beyond January, so much the better.

Well EFl still not wanting to do Mel any favours so I think unfortunately they will appeal, unless potential new owners have got involved. Their appeal will involve their lawyers crawling through the DC decision, then explaining to the LAP why the DC was too lenient. So I think it could be up to 6 weeks from delivery of the DC decision before the LAP hands down the final decision on sanction. But as others point out the accounts can be filed very soon after the dC decision is published which if I understand it is what we need quickly for embargo reasons 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Well EFl still not wanting to do Mel any favours so I think unfortunately they will appeal, unless potential new owners have got involved. Their appeal will involve their lawyers crawling through the DC decision, then explaining to the LAP why the DC was too lenient. So I think it could be up to 6 weeks from delivery of the DC decision before the LAP hands down the final decision on sanction. But as others point out the accounts can be filed very soon after the dC decision is published which if I understand it is what we need quickly for embargo reasons 

They have already said they won’t appeal ? 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Essentially Gibson et Al are saying "enforce your rules".

The "new charges" obviously refers to our resubmitted accounts.

Really a non story.

Wayne wasn't going to be able to make significant signing until there's a takeover anyway as Uncle Mel is no longer in money tree mode.

Also where where these “Hawks” when QPR , Villa , Bournemouth , Fester etc were busting FFP. Also let’s see your books for the last 5 years as well to make sure you are “clean” as well. 

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Appeal what, I am confused ?

17 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Appeal what ?

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I thought their lawyers had already crawled through it and advised there were no grounds to appeal so the EFL announced they weren’t going to appeal. 

Are you saying they mis-spoke?

Edited by Half Fan Half Biscuit
Typo

Suspect Forest will be one of the clubs as I checked their accounts for season ending 2020 and they include a value of £5,961,000 for amortisation of intangible assets but it doesn’t stack up:

Carvalho £13.5m 5yr = £2.61m

Grabban £6m 4yr = £1.5m

Figuereido £2m 4yr = £0.5m

Jenkinson £2m 3yr = £0.66m

Samba £2m 4yr = £0.5m

Da Costa £1.8m 3.5yr = £0.51m

Sow £0.6m 2yr = £0.3m

Bong £0.45m 2.5yr = £0.18m

Total = £6.76m without including any signing on fees for players signed on a free (Ameobi & Adomah to name a couple). Anyone got an email address for Steve Gibson?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

565DCF1D-BC1D-4403-BA51-551B18600E60.jpeg

Gibbo and the EFL - the tail wagging the dog. 
That little twerp had better be squeaky clean because if I were the EFL I’d want to be assured that he practices what he preaches. 
He needs to concentrate on his own business which is running a small football club with very few fans, limited history, located in the arse end of nowhere and with a pensioner as a manager. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Internet been down, heavy long sesh?

Until the appeal deadline passes there's still time for the EFL to change their minds.

Would you put it past them to release a statement 10 minutes before the deadline saying "on further discussion with our legal representatives we believe, contrary to our earlier statement...  blah blah blah" ?

I mean, it's not going to happen, but it could happen.

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

It'll be better when the top teams in the championship form the premier league 2. 

Sky probably need it because they no longer have exclusive prem rights and the teams in our division need it because the EFL arnt fit and proper. It would be the lesser of two evils  

Well most of the football domestically on sky is the championship or am I missing something