Stadiums reopening, will you be attending?

Day

Return of the Fans  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

After 2 cancelations, finally got to see a live West end show last night the wife had booked yonks ago. I am not really a fan tbh, rest of the family is, so i get dragged along to those things usually. Duck me it felt good to be out, drink before, seeing people, seeing a live performance, the joy/relief on the faces of talented people performing. Loved it. Really hope when they reopen PP it feels the same.

I'm a little concerned about the correlation between the two highlighted bits of your post!    ?

14 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Being double-bagged with AZ now, I should be OK - it's the anti-vaxxers I feel sorry for. The odds are stacked against them if they want to attend games

Yep. Me too I really don’t have worries now except keeping sensible distance and decent hand washing. It’s interesting to read the hot spot figures. Over 90% of those who are ill in Bolton or Beds are people who haven’t been vaccinated. .. that’s huge and significant to me

Some sort of moderate capacity reduction plus keeping the doors open for ventilation and the risk levels fall enormously. 

37 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm a little concerned about the correlation between the two highlighted bits of your post!    ?

As i typed it, i thought someone will pick up on this. It's all relative, they are more talented than me when it comes to football for sure, compared to their peers that is a different question which is widely debated on many threads in this forum. On that basis you make a very good point i have to say...

Don’t you believe it one_chop, I reckon people will be so up for seeing the team in the flesh last season’s poor finish (on about the last 15 or so games) will be pardoned. Look at the atmosphere those that turned up at the ground to wish them well against Wednesday generated...I envy anybody that can get back to the ground for a live game, I hope they have a blast.

Edited by Pearl Ram

I would love to go and support the team whatever there position but would do so very cautiously until this awful virus is under control, but to be inside Pride Park with just a limited capacity would still be great to cheer on the lads. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

At the cricket, the capacity is around 20%, you have a temperature check as you enter, you can't move between seats, nevermind stands, indoor toilets aren't open and stands with a roof have 2 spare seats between used ones.

There is no way we will go from that to a free for all on Juje 21st.

I would be amazed if that date isn't pushed back 2 weeks. 

Wasn't step 4 of the roadmap the lifting of ALL remaining restrictions?

If people want to continue wearing masks, fine.

If people want to continue to socially distance, fine.

Time to let everyone else get on with their lives though.

Not sure what difference an extra 2 weeks will make, other than boosting the number of vaccinations in the age groups of people that dont particularly need them anyway.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

If we hadn't talked about it or hadn't done anything about it 16 months ago, a million more would have died in the UK alone. Heads and sand don't mix.

There's a difference between studying/assessing each variant (and the Nepal thing is yet even a Variant of Interest, let alone a Variant of Concern!) and the media making every new mutation the path to mass extinction of us all!!!

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why has this morphed into a duplicate Whittys Revenge thread? Bring back the Politics thread if that's the case.

Oooh get you. The thread is about returning to normal supporting of the Rams post-covid - bound to get a bit of a mention, innit.

16 hours ago, superzak said:

...if you have had one jab you are only 30% covered against some of the variants...is it worth the risk to watch a football match.

Seems these are the stats ?

Vulnerable people may need vaccine boosters this year, scientists say | Financial Times (ft.com)

But it says in this FT 'report', that they don't know what level of antibodies is needed, and that other factors such as T-cell immune responses are not known. So until they get 'real world' data they're just extrapolating.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

All Greek to me

?

They're still working it out and until they get more real world data they can't be sure what works and how well. But 2nd jab is a very good idea, particularly for the 'vulnerable', and increases the jabs effectiveness.

Edited by RoyMac5

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

2034616171_Screenshot_20210604-220143_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9bb41e41f8731ef5658405be17d6bd07.jpg

All that shows is that there are more redneck idiots over here that don’t want It nothing more. 
the facts are that everyone that want It over here has had It, we have been able to get It free of charge without even having to produce any ID for well over 2 months everywhere, It is available in every major supermarket, every time you go in there are people asking you if you want It. 
my work has had 3 or 4 “clinics” where  anyone can go and get It, including family members, friends, neighbours anyone at all.