Stadiums reopening, will you be attending?

Day

Return of the Fans  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I go to football matches for a form of entertainment and a release from everyday concerns - I do not go to be leactured about other people’s opinions on life and how to live whatever they are. I have never booed at a football match and I never will but I would not be turning up to a football match if clubs, footballers, politicians or organisations try to repeatedly tell me what my opinion is.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd suggest that's an outrageous post. No one ever booed any other anti-racism initiatives. There are reasons to boo the Black Lives Matter kneeling. My immediate family is half black, half white and everything in between, and united against the BLM stance. For most decent people, disagreeing with BLM has absolutely nothing to do with racism. I'd probably turn my back on it.

In previous posts on this topic I think I've tried to explain the original context of the Kaepernik protests, why they were appropriate and why they are inappropriate out of context in the UK. But this isn't meant to be a political thread.

Thank you for the sense, just like you my family is a melting pot of different shades and colours from different backgrounds and cultures, I would never boo the taking the knee but as expressed I would really like there to be something gesture wise that was just pure unadulterated anti racism , I was also very anti ckr doing the black power salute as I think that is divisive in this country , time and climate, sadly when I’ve given opinion on this stuff people imply your a racist without knowing the first thing about you?‍♂️

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I go to football matches for a form of entertainment and a release from everyday concerns - I do not go to be leactured about other people’s opinions on life and how to live whatever they are. I have never booed at a football match and I never will but I would not be turning up to a football match if clubs, footballers, politicians or organisations try to repeatedly tell me what my opinion is.

Look buddy dont let brother you but see what you are saying shuffed  right in your face every two seconds but for me what upset some people saying black lifes matter when should all lifes matter but it way protests and destroyed things and trying get rid of histroy that they dont like got peoples backs  up.

Can I just check that some people are booing when players are taking the knee because it's a Marxist initiative?

So we boo our own players because we think that they are supporting Marxism? The multi millionaire players on lucrative contracts worth thousands, or tens of thousands a week, are promoting Marxism and presumably communism by default?

Before anyone complains about politics, surely this is more comedy than politics? 

30 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Can I just check that some people are booing when players are taking the knee because it's a Marxist initiative?

So we boo our own players because we think that they are supporting Marxism? The multi millionaire players on lucrative contracts worth thousands, or tens of thousands a week, are promoting Marxism and presumably communism by default?

Before anyone complains about politics, surely this is more comedy than politics? 

That assumes that those who boo the players actually think before they do it... and actually know anything about Marxism or any other political philosophy for that matter! 

Oops, pressed send too soon. Sadly I think there will be booing at Pride Park and many other grounds. Some of our support have history when it comes to racially insensitive chanting. Leicester away when we played them in the cup reply was just embarrassing, chants of Engerland mocking their diverse fanbase and worse, the small town in Aisa song. West Brom away the last time we played them a group behind us were ejected for hurling racist abuse at a group of Albion fans in the section next to the away end. Can't imagine any of that lot contemplating left wing political theory before they react.. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

At best it's bad gesture politics that's about as effective as Corbyn's time as leader of the labour party honestly and people don't go to football games to be given a moral lesson by millionaires. 

No, but maybe fans like to see the players that they support care about problems they also face. A gesture of solidarity.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, but maybe fans like to see the players that they support care about problems they also face. A gesture of solidarity.

Maybe some do but if that's the case the weekly protest can be exchanged for actually doing something in the community of Derby actively. As I put in the post that I changed due to the off topic nature of it, it's become an empty vessel of virtue signalling that doesn't achieve or even say anything in reality.