Stadiums reopening, will you be attending?

David

Return of the Fans  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just interested to see where fans stand with returning to Pride Park with covid, understand it could possibly be limited tickets, answer as if you could get your hands on a ticket.

We really don't need to do the BuT wE wOn'T eVeN hAvE a ClUb By AuGuSt.

60bbf1852e75351c85d4a6e0907e6bcd.jpg

1. Yes - No worries at all.

I want the whole day out back. The visit to the pubs, the hubbub of voices (even the annoying ones talking poo), an online argument about the team selection distracting me from my pint and leading to me necking it before leaving to go to the match; the sobering (in the positive sense) walk to the ground in the fresh air (occasionally interrupted by burger van fumes) whilst scoffing a sausage roll or something; the getting annoyed at the clueless gobshites around me at the game (it's just not the same in the forum); the walk back with spirits lifted after a surprisingly decent result, even the walk back after a crap result and wanting to kick every lamppost along the way. All of it.

2. N/A - I wouldn't be attending games regardless of the virus.

I very rarely go to away games, but if I did then the answer would be the same as question 1.

Edited by Coconut

3 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Being double-bagged with AZ now, I should be OK - it's the anti-vaxxers I feel sorry for. The odds are stacked against them if want to attend games

Perhaps we should give the *away corner to anti vaxists. (No social distance as they won’t think CV19 is a concern and it will mean more space for the rest of us).

*Until away fans are allowed (2022?)

7 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Perhaps we should give the *away corner to anti vaxists. (No social distance as they won’t think CV19 is a concern and it will mean more space for the rest of us).

*Until away fans are allowed (2022?)

We need away fans as well we cant be bloody scared of this sodding virus.

I am undecided - I have paid in full last season so they owe me yet if I was offered a full refund I would take it and attend when I fancied it if there was tickets available - if they won’t refund me then as I said I would go when I fancied it but not always ( never thought I would say that after 40 years a season ticket holder) which would be a shame if someone else wanted to go full time.

if you can’t sit on a beach in Portugal 10 foot away from everyone else in June how will they let you have more than 50% attendance at a football match in August 6/7 weeks later and no I can’t see away fans being allowed in if restrictions apply to home fans. 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am undecided - I have paid in full last season so they owe me yet if I was offered a full refund I would take it and attend when I fancied it if there was tickets available - if they won’t refund me then as I said I would go when I fancied it but not always ( never thought I would say that after 40 years a season ticket holder) which would be a shame if someone else wanted to go full time.

if you can’t sit on a beach in Portugal 10 foot away from everyone else in June how will they let you have more than 50% attendance at a football match in August 6/7 weeks later and no I can’t see away fans being allowed in if restrictions apply to home fans. 

I can see away fans being allowed back most popuatlion had first jab  or both already I see no reason why shall not be allowed back in.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I can see away fans being allowed back most popuatlion had first jab  or both already I see no reason why shall not be allowed back in.

Because there is going to be a 3rd wave...if you have had one jab you are only 30% covered against some of the variants...is it worth the risk to watch a football match.

I've ticked undecided, as we simply don't know how things will develop between now and August.  

If it was tomorrow, and the crowd limited to c.30/40% capacity, I honestly think I would go.  Up the capacity to 50% (Every other seat?) and I'm on the limit.  Probably still a yes, but only because I have an aisle seat!  I'm still keen on keeping some distance even though I'm now double jabbed.  Still haven't been inside anyone's house since March 2020, and had nobody inside ours, apart from son and partner, who we made a special case for, for reasons I won't go into on here.

If we're talking August, then I am most definitely waiting to see how things progress.  It's simply too early to make definite plans/decisions for a couple of months ahead.

Away games N/A, as I haven't attended one for a few years now.   

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If the club sent me a season ticket renewal tomorrow it would be paid by the end of the day. 

That's not the same thing at all.

I'm owed a full ST from last season's credit.  I'd claim it tomorrow.  Certainly if there are any covid restrictions at all (less than 100% capacity), then no way would the club allow you to lose that credit.  They'd allow you to opt out, and pass that credit even further into the future.

Similarly, for ST Holders that get "invited" to attend a limited capacity game, and you opt out, they will not take that credit off you, they'll let you keep hold of the credit, and pass the invite to someone else who does fancy it.

Only once all restrictions are lifted, and matches become fully open again, will they say take it or lose it!