Stadiums reopening, will you be attending?

Day

Return of the Fans  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And... if you don think THAT is true then you are even more deluded..

(and for reference I dont live in the beautiful state of Floirda-but dont let things like facts get in the way of a crazy rant)

Alright mate, don't get all triggered.  Obviously hit a nerve... 

I would be interested to see a single study that ranks The US as the most diverse nation on earth though. Fact is, it's not even as diverse as Canada, let alone pretty much the entire African continent, the Middle East and a host of other places too numerous to mention ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I would be interested to see a single study that ranks The US as the most diverse nation on earth though. Fact is, it's not even as diverse as Canada, let alone pretty much the entire African continent, the Middle East and a host of other places to numerous to mention* ?

No nerve hit at all, Florida is amazing, you should go there on your next "stint" in America.

I’ll be going. Not overly concerned about COVID. However, having seen the last two England games I am concerned about the booing of players who take the knee. If it happens at PP I, along with my son and other friends will be leaving and not coming back anytime soon. I am a ST holder and travel 180 miles there and back on match days and follow away when I can. I am also a person of colour, and the booing is something neither myself and my son will put up with. The excuse that the booing is against Marxism is laughable. 

1 minute ago, HorsforthRam said:

I’ll be going. Not overly concerned about COVID. However, having seen the last two England games I am concerned about the booing of players who take the knee. If it happens at PP I, along with my son and other friends will be leaving and not coming back anytime soon. I am a ST holder and travel 180 miles there and back on match days and follow away when I can. I am also a person of colour, and the booing is something neither myself and my son will put up with. The excuse that the booing is against Marxism is laughable. 

Dont let that brother you mate as it wont brother me yes I support the movement but it should been called all lives matter because they do.

53 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I would be interested to see a single study that ranks The US as the most diverse nation on earth though. Fact is, it's not even as diverse as Canada, let alone pretty much the entire African continent, the Middle East and a host of other places too numerous to mention ?

How do I post that picture of the child entering the room and turning to leave sharpish ??‍♂️

56 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I’m willing to bet it’s not even as diverse as this forum

51 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Do what I am going to do, stand up and clap the players.  We have to show our support against the boo boys.

46 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

That would be such a sad thing to see , this whole situation with taking the knee blm and other political aims intertwined has turned into a bloody mess ,I whish to god we could find a new symbolic action that was free from the other stuff so there’s nowhere to hide and was pure anti racism equality , there is no place or excuse for racism no matter anyone’s political leanings

48 minutes ago, angieram said:

Do what I am going to do, stand up and clap the players.  We have to show our support against the boo boys.

Good one! Definitely the thing to do. Let the minority of booing racists know what utter bankers they really are. They need calling out for exactly what they are, not all this softly softly approach allowing them to hide behind 'political' posturing indeed.

46 minutes ago, Archied said:

That would be such a sad thing to see , this whole situation with taking the knee blm and other political aims intertwined has turned into a bloody mess ,I whish to god we could find a new symbolic action that was free from the other stuff so there’s nowhere to hide and was pure anti racism equality , there is no place or excuse for racism no matter anyone’s political leanings

Find a new symbolic action and it will be still boo’d by those that boo taking the knee.

They will just shift to a new reason why they are booing.

We’re not racist it will be claimed, but when players, journalists, governing bodies have all come out and said look, this is why players are taking the knee and they still boo.

It does look like they are kinda supporting racism. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Find a new symbolic action and it will be still boo’d by those that boo taking the knee.

We’re not racist it will be claimed, but when players, journalists, governing bodies have all come out and said look, this is why players are taking the knee and they still boo.

Have personally never seen any of the kick it out initiatives boo d, the other stuff around the BLM movement has given a hiding place to racists

3 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

I wouldn't take it personal pal. I think the vast majority of fans who boo the gesture are booing BLM as an organisation and the fact that they want to defund the police and other unsavoury policies. 

3 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

I get that mate. As a white fella I really find it hard to give an an informed  opinion, as I've never walked in your shoes, so I'll go with taking on board what you and the players are saying. I certainly wouldnt boo. 

CKR has done an interview in the athletic last week, his opinion is the symbol of - 'taking the knee' he feels is derogatory in itself and suggests a submissive meaning. Says he's told all lads of colour at the club this too and why he does the black power salute. And why the team now don't take the knee but stand together. 

Opinions.... 

43 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I wouldn't take it personal pal. I think the vast majority of fans who boo the gesture are booing BLM as an organisation and the fact that they want to defund the police and other unsavoury policies. 

Yeah right! Most fans in this country wouldn't even consider that...except for an excuse to not agree with it! 

23 minutes ago, winktheram said:

I get that mate. As a white fella I really find it hard to give an an informed  opinion, as I've never walked in your shoes, so I'll go with taking on board what you and the players are saying. I certainly wouldnt boo. 

CKR has done an interview in the athletic last week, his opinion is the symbol of - 'taking the knee' he feels is derogatory in itself and suggests a submissive meaning. Says he's told all lads of colour at the club this too and why he does the black power salute. And why the team now don't take the knee but stand together. 

Opinions.... 

So, no problem. 

Why boo?!

15 hours ago, David said:

I'd suggest that's an outrageous post. No one ever booed any other anti-racism initiatives. There are reasons to boo the Black Lives Matter kneeling. My immediate family is half black, half white and everything in between, and united against the BLM stance. For most decent people, disagreeing with BLM has absolutely nothing to do with racism. I'd probably turn my back on it.

In previous posts on this topic I think I've tried to explain the original context of the Kaepernik protests, why they were appropriate and why they are inappropriate out of context in the UK. But this isn't meant to be a political thread.