Yankee Doodle Derby

To be perfectly honest. I don't care about hearing about a takeover. After the last 2, I'd rather just know about it when it's done. 

The takeover isn't bothering me.

What's bothering me is that the man that owns us has ran us into the ground.

The man that owns us was a man that grew up on the terraces of the Baseball Ground like we all did, a fan, a supporter, been there through the good and through the bad, a man who supposedly wants the best for the club, a man who would sell us for £1 if it was to the right person.

Takeover or not, how this man has allowed us to be one week and 6 days from a season starting without us being able to put a team out is quite frankly disgusting. How can he be letting this happen?

They would have known that they would have to resubmit their accounts long before the verdict was announced (or at the very worse know that it was highly likely that it was going to happen) How they haven't been submitted already is beyond a joke. Mel knows exactly what we need to do to get out of this embargo and he hasn't done it. 

Takeover or not, we should not be in this position, even in the dark times we have had, we have always had a team.

How can we be going into a season a week on Saturday without a centre half in the squad is disgusting.

Stephen Pearce is despicable, he's bare faced lied on Radio Derby and 3 weeks ago he did an interview with the BBC saying "We have a core of senior players and extremely talented academy players that is enough to operate with and we have a plan for the rest of the window, we are not rushing to fill the squad"

We have one centre forward and no centre halves but according to Pearce we have enough to operate with.

Also we haven't heard a single thing from the club since then and no positive actions have been done to get us out of this embargo.

How Pearce and Morris have treated the fans is nothing short of disgraceful. They don't care about us. 

This is the worst state the club has been in my lifetime and the blame lies at one man's door.

Cannot wait till he's out if this club and never comes back. The bloke is poison.

Always remember when things are going well he was everywhere. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

To be perfectly honest. I don't care about hearing about a takeover. After the last 2, I'd rather just know about it when it's done. 

The takeover isn't bothering me.

What's bothering me is that the man that owns us has ran us into the ground.

The man that owns us was a man that grew up on the terraces of the Baseball Ground like we all did, a fan, a supporter, been there through the good and through the bad, a man who supposedly wants the best for the club, a man who would sell us for £1 if it was to the right person.

Takeover or not, how this man has allowed us to be one week and 6 days from a season starting without us being able to put a team out is quite frankly disgusting. How can he be letting this happen?

They would have known that they would have to resubmit their accounts long before the verdict was announced (or at the very worse know that it was highly likely that it was going to happen) How they haven't been submitted already is beyond a joke. Mel knows exactly what we need to do to get out of this embargo and he hasn't done it. 

Takeover or not, we should not be in this position, even in the dark times we have had, we have always had a team.

How can we be going into a season a week on Saturday without a centre half in the squad is disgusting.

Stephen Pearce is despicable, he's bare faced lied on Radio Derby and 3 weeks ago he did an interview with the BBC saying "We have a core of senior players and extremely talented academy players that is enough to operate with and we have a plan for the rest of the window, we are not rushing to fill the squad"

We have one centre forward and no centre halves but according to Pearce we have enough to operate with.

Also we haven't heard a single thing from the club since then and no positive actions have been done to get us out of this embargo.

How Pearce and Morris have treated the fans is nothing short of disgraceful. They don't care about us. 

This is the worst state the club has been in my lifetime and the blame lies at one man's door.

Cannot wait till he's out if this club and never comes back. The bloke is poison.

You do know he’s had serious health issues don’t you? Somethings are bigger than the club.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yer but look at the weasel words he's used though. We do have a core of senior players albeit an extremely small core compared with other clubs in our division. But still factually correct.

That is enough to operate with? Again factually correct as if he means just scraping a starting 11 every week then that's true. Didn't say anything about being remotely competitive which is a totally separate kettle of fish.

So if you analyse what he's said it's just full off wind and pee and doesn't amount to anything of any substance just a hollow sound bite. Guess that's why he's employed by the club. Can't think why else. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

...and what if we've got the proposed new accounts ready (along with our new P&S submissions) and before formally submitting them to Companies House have asked the EFL to give them the once over, confirm that they're happy with them, that they conform to their demands but the EFL are dragging their feet, taking their time over getting back to us? 

There'd be no point in us filing the accounts only for the EFL to then come back to us and say they aren't happy with them and launch further action / apply further sanctions against us.

Simply filing the accounts wouldn't be an end to the matter if the EFL aren't sated / appeased.

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

You do know he’s had serious health issues don’t you? Somethings are bigger than the club.

We’re a multi-million pound turnover business. If the successful operation of that business is completely and utterly dependant on one single bloke, then our organisational structure is ****** beyond belief.

We are in a complete mess, but for all that Mel and Co (can't be his fault entirely as he employs people to look after the club on his behalf) have done wrong, a large part of the 'blame' is the straight jacket that the EFL rules have put us in. Obviously, these rules apply to everybody and not all clubs have found themselves in problems (although more than the league would like surely?). However, the main problem seems to be that once you are in a mess, the EFL will do everything in their power to stop you getting out of it again.  Barrier after barrier has been put up and, considering what other clubs are allowed to do - the scourge of the parachute payments in particular (something that has far more impact on a 'level playing field' than anything we have done) - it means the league are effectively determining who gets relegated before the season starts. By all means fine us, slap us on the wrist as many times as you like, but its quite obvious that we have gained no particular advantage on the pitch by our profligate spending... so what actual harm have we done? And this has all come as a result of the club seeking to compete with teams who have come down and who can spend without limits (how is this fair exactly?). 

poo small clubs will always vote in rules that seek to limit the ability of bigger clubs to spend.  Many clubs in our league have no realistic expectation of promotion. Indeed Championship football is all that most can achieve. So they vote in ridiculous and obviously flawed rules. This doesn't absolve Mel & Co. They should have stuck to the letter of the law rather than trying to be clever and they should've curbed the spending. However, hindsight is wonderful and if we'd gone up then this would all have been moot. 

Rightly or wrongly, I'm much more upset with the EFL than Mel. I realise and accept this might not be justified or rational, but whenever did rational thought have anything to do with football?  FWIW I think Mel is quietly still spending a fortune on keeping us going, but if the EFL won't budge then there isn't much he, or new owners can do to improve the situation come 7th August. Nevertheless, a change in ownership would at least provide some light at the end of a long and difficult tunnel. 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

By all means fine us, slap us on the wrist as many times as you like, but its quite obvious that we have gained no particular advantage on the pitch by our profligate spending... so what actual harm have we done?

That's like organising a hitman to kill your wife, but getting off attempted murder because the gunman missed.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

That's like organising a hitman to kill your wife, but getting off attempted murder because the gunman missed.

Think of it more as, if the gunman hits then you get done for murder (or conspiracy to commit murder - I'm not a lawyer), if the gunman misses, you get done for attempted murder instead.  You'd end up with a different sentence would you not? 

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Think of it more as, if the gunman hits then you get done for murder (or conspiracy to commit murder - I'm not a lawyer), if the gunman misses, you get done for attempted murder instead.  You'd end up with a different sentence would you not? 

It's a complex argument, probably not best answered by someone at the empty end of a bottle of Rioja.

I'll look again tomorrow, when I probably still won't make any sense!

Wages unpaid more than once and we owe HMRC apparently !!

I do get he’s put his money into it and he’s a fan etc etc but for pity’s sake run the club properly and pay the taxes and wages ffs 

If anyone turned up for work tomorrow and got  told at the door sorry we are closed because HMRC are owed and wages are not getting paid where would you apportion the blame ?

if the club/ business was run correctly we’d never be in such a mess it’s embarrassing and avoidable and we all thought Mels a successful businessman we’ll be ok!!
How wrong can you be 

Now…get the books reevaluated and submit them before we all go crackers because if we go into the season with what we have we will be even more of a laughing stock than we already are!

all I keep hearing from other fans of other clubs when they see me is “ wow what’s happening at your club?? “ it’s an utter disgrace …Mel meant well I get it but let’s be honest it’s an absolute shambles 

14 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Wages unpaid more than once and we owe HMRC apparently !!

I do get he’s put his money into it and he’s a fan etc etc but for pity’s sake run the club properly and pay the taxes and wages ffs 

If anyone turned up for work tomorrow and got  told at the door sorry we are closed because HMRC are owed and wages are not getting paid where would you apportion the blame ?

if the club/ business was run correctly we’d never be in such a mess it’s embarrassing and avoidable and we all thought Mels a successful businessman we’ll be ok!!
How wrong can you be 

Now…get the books reevaluated and submit them before we all go crackers because if we go into the season with what we have we will be even more of a laughing stock than we already are!

all I keep hearing from other fans of other clubs when they see me is “ wow what’s happening at your club?? “ it’s an utter disgrace …Mel meant well I get it but let’s be honest it’s an absolute shambles 

Thank God we have a manager who is determined to put pride and dignity back into the club....

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So if an owner of a football club has serious health issues it just stops running? Stops signing players and leaves us in the dirt?

Furlough caused staff shortages I’d imagine, maybe had to let some go too?

Been burnt in the past with previous CEO’s?

There’s apparently no money in the club so any payment runs would be from Mel’s personal account I assume? 
Would you give an employee access to your own account?

Its not hard to build a picture is it?

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Furlough caused staff shortages I’d imagine, maybe had to let some go too?

Been burnt in the past with previous CEO’s?

There’s apparently no money in the club so any payment runs would be from Mel’s personal account I assume? 
Would you give an employee access to your own account?

Its not hard to build a picture is it?

There's no money in the club because Morris does not want to put anymore in.

The bloke is worth around £600 million. So he's not ran out of money.

I understand if you want rid and you'll be reluctant to put money in or course.

But my point is, given our current state, why is he not doing something to help bring players in. 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

But my point is, given our current state, why is he not doing something to help bring players in. 

My understanding is we are under a transfer umbongo until amended accounts are resubmitted and approved. 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There's no money in the club because Morris does not want to put anymore in.

The bloke is worth around £600 million. So he's not ran out of money.

I understand if you want rid and you'll be reluctant to put money in or course.

Perhaps they have written off this season? Perhaps they know there is a points deduction coming because they are going to fail P+S rules once the new accounts go in? Perhaps a disenchanted owner is fed up of throwing good money after bad?