Yankee Doodle Derby

10 hours ago, LazloW said:

Rightly or wrongly, I'm much more upset with the EFL than Mel. I realise and accept this might not be justified or rational, but whenever did rational thought have anything to do with football?  FWIW I think Mel is quietly still spending a fortune on keeping us going, but if the EFL won't budge then there isn't much he, or new owners can do to improve the situation come 7th August. Nevertheless, a change in ownership would at least provide some light at the end of a long and difficult tunnel. 

THIS! #COYR

39 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There's no money in the club because Morris does not want to put anymore in.

The bloke is worth around £600 million. So he's not ran out of money.

I understand if you want rid and you'll be reluctant to put money in or course.

But my point is, given our current state, why is he not doing something to help bring players in. 

That's a simple one - He's made it very clear over the years that there is a limit to the amount he can put in and even attempt to stay compliant with FFP

I doubt a takeover is close - or even if there is a firm offer on the table. Mel Morris is at the helm this season, for the entire season, because once this circus gets rolling then it's going to be harder to sell the club. 

We need to post the accounts, clear our name with the EFL as much as possible and at least get the HMRC off our back. When all that is done then we will be in a position to be sold. As it stands, we can only expect charlatans masquerading as white knights because no reasonable businessman is going to buy a club with such unknowns hanging over it. 

Ideally, we need Mel Morris to take ownership... of the club he owns... rather than waiting by the phone for someone to buy his mistakes. 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I doubt a takeover is close - or even if there is a firm offer on the table. Mel Morris is at the helm this season, for the entire season, because once this circus gets rolling then it's going to be harder to sell the club. 

We need to post the accounts, clear our name with the EFL as much as possible and at least get the HMRC off our back. When all that is done then we will be in a position to be sold. As it stands, we can only expect charlatans masquerading as white knights because no reasonable businessman is going to buy a club with such unknowns hanging over it. 

Ideally, we need Mel Morris to take ownership... of the club he owns... rather than waiting by the phone for someone to buy his mistakes. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Worth clicking the twitter link and reading the whole of the thread by Coles. Seems to be good noises coming out of the club, which is what we need to hear as supporters. Hopefully by the end of the week we will know if any of this will come to fruition.

Clearing the HMRC problem will allow space for up to 10 signings is a new one. I'm guessing this will move us into soft embargo territory.

Most worrying bit is the club and EFL still not seeing eye to eye on the accounts submissions...

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Not really, they're talking to each other about it and no doubt not submitting accounts until they can agree.

True, but do you truly believe that we will come to a satisfactory conclusion for the club before the 18th August? I have lost a lot of my usual positivity in recent months regarding the club situation and I now approach most of these stories with a bit of skepticism.

To me, if the accounts were within limits with both the EFL and DCFC calculations, then we would just agree and submit. However, if we're pushing back a bit on the EFL calculations it must mean we're close to the limit or over. I'll be happy when the football starts again (as long as we can relax the embargo and sign some players)

16 minutes ago, roboto said:

True, but do you truly believe that we will come to a satisfactory conclusion for the club before the 18th August? I have lost a lot of my usual positivity in recent months regarding the club situation and I now approach most of these stories with a bit of skepticism.

To me, if the accounts were within limits with both the EFL and DCFC calculations, then we would just agree and submit. However, if we're pushing back a bit on the EFL calculations it must mean we're close to the limit or over. I'll be happy when the football starts again (as long as we can relax the embargo and sign some players)

Exactly how I see it. Possibly there's things here and there which we're now wanting to account for differently as we're having to restate them whilst the EFL are taking the position that they are as they are except for the recalculated amortisation values, so a case to 2 ligitimate possitions conflicting and a dislouge rather than a new round of "these accounts are not what we expected - launch investigation then IDC...(etc)

Obviously, the ruling was that we had to redo our accounts for the years in question, not that we had to ammend our amortisation policiy and make no other changes to the accounts.

Confirmation statements only relate to reconfirmation of company officers and share holders, it is a legal requirement that a confirmation statement is sent to companies house every 12 months for all companies in the UK, so I did not read anything into that, the financial statements for both of these companies was weird as both showed debtors of £81 million and creditors of £81 million, I can only assume that the debtor is Derby County Football club and the creditor Mel, but I would stand to be corrected.

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The fans will not be blamed for a certain chant against the football league that will be doing the rounds in all remaining preseason games and into the season.

duck the EFL

I was joking, hence the wink, given the other thread about who is ultimately to blame.