Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It isn’t just about City of Derby , we are Derby county after all. It affects the whole community outside of Derby as well .

And a fair point well made. This has bigger implications than most outside of football will even realise. I'm astounded Mel has the balls to do this and if I were him I wouldn't be showing my face around Derbyshire for a long while.... if ever!

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Yea reading some other clubs forums and people really hate us, as fans. Seen some boro fans are calling us all deluded cos one person on here said sky would be upset that we wouldn't be in the championship anymore. 

So much for fans solidarity. Fans calling other clubs to get points deductions or be relegated or calling other teams cheats should be careful what they wish for.

To be honest, I only look at other fans forums if we have just beaten them (so, not often ?). 

I think, if you’re not careful, you can interpret too much from reading such forums. The comments you see may not represent the majority view or even the true views of those posting. For example, I’m sure we’d all have a laugh and say it serves them right if Forest were in our predicament but, deep down, many of us (me included) would be sorry to see a club in such a mess.

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

From what I've read, what Stoke have done is a massive amortisation dump - throwing a huge (£80m?) player value write down into one year and claiming it as a COVID-related (and therefore outside of P&S limits) revaluation. That will then allow them to record reduced amortisation losses in later years - and higher profits if players are sold - leaving them with more head room for the sir seasonal P&S returns.

Is that really OK?

Don't worry the EFL will follow their normal procedure, say it's fine for a couple of years and then change their mind and throw the book at them unless they've gone up in the meantime.

I've been thinking about the situation over the past few days and have realised that other than Derby and England, I don't really care for (professional) football that much anymore - it is broken from top to bottom and other than the joy of live Derby games or occasional England success there is very little left that I actually enjoy ?

If we somehow manage to get through the next few months with our club and our history, regardless of what division we're in I'll continue supporting my boyhood club of 40 years.  If it all comes to a crashing halt however and the Rams are consigned to history, I'll move on.

Assuming we do mange to limp along for a while and turn things around there will always be a nagging doubt at the back of my mind - we could spend years in the lower leagues, slowly rebuilding our name and reputation and climbing back into the Championship only for some other entity to come along, buy us and make all of the same mistakes again attempting to get us into the Premier League and we'd be powerless to stop them.  

I have been a fan since the old Division 3 days, I've supported Derby through thick and thin because there was always a realistic chance we could build towards and achieve great things - but now, more than ever, we are subject to the whims of owners and a glass ceiling that is getting increasingly difficult to break through. 

Whether its teams like Burton Albion, Derby County or indeed Everton etc, we all exist in the little areas of the leagues we reside in and as time passes by it just gets increasingly difficult to break free.  Credit to the Brentfords, Norwich's and Burnley's of the world that have invested in longer term sustainable progress but the fans are only ever one change of ownership away from Derby-like oblivion and no one really cares cos the money keeps on rolling into to the big clubs.

Que Sera Sera.

59 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Yea reading some other clubs forums and people really hate us, as fans. Seen some boro fans are calling us all deluded cos one person on here said sky would be upset that we wouldn't be in the championship anymore. 

So much for fans solidarity. Fans calling other clubs to get points deductions or be relegated or calling other teams cheats should be careful what they wish for.

It's tribal, Would I be doing the same if it were the Red Dogs...you bet your life, We're all Partizan when it comes to OUR CLUB,  Preston fans were loving it when Bolton and Wigan went into administration.

Unfortunately as FANS we take the brunt of all this, Lots of football fans will have other teams that they like(not support)and there's football fans that detest other teams, Owners will walk away hanging on to their money and crawl under a stone until memories fade and their club starts to have life breathed into it again.

It's looking Grim down at PP, We're all looking for that White Knight to come charging over the hill to save our club...I really do hope that some how some where there is a shining Knight.

8 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Don't worry the EFL will follow their normal procedure, say it's fine for a couple of years and then change their mind and throw the book at them unless they've gone up in the meantime.

Surely the only amortisation method that the EFL accept, despite the standard their rules indicate, is straight line amortisation !!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

From what I've read, what Stoke have done is a massive amortisation dump - throwing a huge (£80m?) player value write down into one year and claiming it as a COVID-related (and therefore outside of P&S limits) revaluation. That will then allow them to record reduced amortisation losses in later years - and higher profits if players are sold - leaving them with more head room for the sir seasonal P&S returns.

Is that really OK?

If it's not against the regs then yes, I bet Boro do similar. ?

Derby as a club wont cease to exist at all, however the outcome or future there will still be a presence. The infratstructure and potential is too big for it to just stop,

yes its a poo situation BUT come on FFS all this negativity etc etc.

how I see it we either own the stadium or are due the money from it, its worthless as anything other than a football stadium.

in a months time it will be better  and we can start to see what the future holds but its not the end!!!

12 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Is that really OK?

Yes, it's absolutely fine in my book. I have said right from the first moment that Tom Glick started campaigning for FFP to be introduced into the Championship that it was a disastrous policy. Anything that is done to show how ridiculous it is and hasten its abandonment is fine by me.

There are about 30 clubs straining to get into the Premier League. There is a huge incentive for them to spend excessively to do so, even more so with the distortion of parachute payments. So what do we do - we have a system which prevents owners from funding this spending openly. We discourage wealthy, straight forward owners. That leaves the way open for chancers and charlatans with their schemes and plots, to gamble with the future of our clubs.

2 minutes ago, observer said:

Derby as a club wont cease to exist at all, however the outcome or future there will still be a presence. The infratstructure and potential is too big for it to just stop,

yes its a poo situation BUT come on FFS all this negativity etc etc.

how I see it we either own the stadium or are due the money from it, its worthless as anything other than a football stadium.

in a months time it will be better  and we can start to see what the future holds but its not the end!!!

This!

It's natural to fear the worst when bad things happen - and I admit the worst may yet play put - but we are all jumping the gun a bit. We're clutching at every bit of media outpouring and building future scenarios that range from a pre-pack is in place and we'll be out of this in four weeks all the way to we are doomed, phoenix club in tier nine and ground sharing with Mickleover Sports.

Give it 10 days or so; let the Administrators assess the debts, incomes and buyer interest and then let's see how the land lies.

33 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

Agree with all this. Even if the worst happens, we'll have a rough few years but we'll be back.

I'm also a bit surprised (actually I'm probably not) that Derby City Council have come out to support Mel as Business City Ambassador.

The lack of 20k+ fans on a match day every 2 weeks will be the end of a lot of small businesses and pubs etc. And have a huge impact on the entire city of Derby.

This isn't just about our club, it's about the entire city & community.

Mel should hang his head in shame. What an ambassador for the city! 

Maybe we should lobby for him to be removed. I appreciate what he may have done but ultimately his legacy in the city will be his last years in charge at Derby. The city’s football club in major financial difficulties and the knock on affects to the local businesses will eclipse any good work he has done previously. 

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

My gut feeling is there's allot of p*** and wind in these stories of Boro and Wycombe taking legal action, designed to put off potential buyers and drive us into liquidation. I don't believe they have a snowball in hells chance of winning a legal case, but tying us down in legal battles is another way of sucking us dry. 

This is war. Make no mistake about it. 

Then again we could end up in court with our policy and a judge could rule it legal and fair to use in the eyes of the law.

we could also have a perfect case against QPR in no shadow of doubt if it is proved against us, it would be mightily interesting 

1 hour ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

The EFL will have to tread really carefully how they treat us in these difficult times as I suspect that when clubs start publishing accounts for 20/21 over the coming months many may have breached the P&S loss limit due to COVID. If they then “relax” the rules to stop half the teams having embargoes and point deducted due to “unprecedented circumstances” but not for us then they are opening themselves up to a huge claim.

Even if the football clubs can’t sue the EFL a more wealthy supporter could in a variety of ways I suspect - the snake pit will be opened 

37 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Is that really OK?

It is if the EFL allow it - now - in two years maybe not - in five years they may charge them 

this is how the EFL operate 

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Was it Doncaster who had to get rid of their stadium cos it kept sending them into administration? We probably couldnt afford pride park if we go too far down the pyramid (although we dont own it anyway)

I think you might be thinking of Darlington, L2 club and the owner built a brand new 20k stadium.

39 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Is that really OK?

Reading their accounts £30m was the normal yearly write down of player costs, £12m they say was write down before Covid and another £30m write down directly attributed to Covid. So only £30m of the £87m loss could be excluded. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think you might be thinking of Darlington, L2 club and the owner built a brand new 20k stadium.

It was Darlington. George Reynolds. Real Character he was.

Difference with us (and I know you’re on the same page) is we can fill that sort of ground, Darlington never did and never would’ve done, that was their issue.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

I think there's a pretty widespread feeling amongst other championship fans that DCFC "should get their just desserts/what's coming to them" which after a two year long narrative of "they fiddled the books and should never have got away with it" is kind of understandable.

I don't think there are that many that truly want us to go bust, big points deduction, relegation and I think most would then leave it, especially under new ownership. It's only a handful are really vindictive.