Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

32 minutes ago, observer said:

Derby as a club wont cease to exist at all, however the outcome or future there will still be a presence. The infratstructure and potential is too big for it to just stop,

yes its a poo situation BUT come on FFS all this negativity etc etc.

how I see it we either own the stadium or are due the money from it, its worthless as anything other than a football stadium.

in a months time it will be better  and we can start to see what the future holds but its not the end!!!

and Lehmann Brothers was too big to go bust until that's exactly what they did.... I'm not saying or thinking liquidation is inevitable but you can't possibly give a cast iron guarantee against it either. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think there's a pretty widespread feeling amongst other championship fans that DCFC "should get their just desserts/what's coming to them" which after a two year long narrative of "they fiddled the books and should never have got away with it" is kind of understandable.

I don't think there are that many that truly want us to go bust, big points deduction, relegation and I think most would then leave it, especially under new ownership. It's only a handful are really vindictive.

Pretty pathetic that they can't differentiate between "the club" and the person/people who were running it that way (who have now gone).

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

and Lehmann Brothers was too big to go bust until that's exactly what they did.... I'm not saying or thinking liquidation is inevitable but you can't possibly give a cast iron guarantee against it either. 

Yup.

It's why talk of a phoenix club is here. No one wants that to have to he the way, but if it does come, DCFC are liquidated we're reassuring ourselves something will continue.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

totally different set of terms, and not the right comparison

if lehman brothers revenue was derived from a loyal fanbase which has displayed its loyalty year on year and is 99% guaranteed then they would of survived!!!

yes everyone feels poo but its not the end of the world

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yup.

It's why talk of a phoenix club is here. No one wants that to have to he the way, but if it does come, DCFC are liquidated we're reassuring ourselves something will continue.

Exactly and the confidence to the chances of us finding a buyer is largely reliant upon the scale of the club's debts and assets of which none of us know that much about as of yet really except that it's bad enough to put us into administration. 

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Pretty pathetic that they can't differentiate between "the club" and the person/people who were running it that way (who have now gone).

Yeah, maybe true, but then again, apart from matches against us, the only thing most fans of other championship clubs think about us is "oh yeah, Derby, ducking cheats". It might not be a glorious moment of the football family but that's pretty much how it is.

One of things that annoyed me is the reputational damage of all this. It's irritating. There's other aspects far more serious, don't get me wrong, but, we used to be a well respected club and Mel burnt that.

Just now, observer said:

totally different set of terms, and not the right comparison

if lehman brothers revenue was derived from a loyal fanbase which has displayed its loyalty year on year and is 99% guaranteed then they would of survived!!!

yes everyone feels poo but its not the end of the world

Lehman Brothers was an institution with a long history that went bust because the toxic assets outstripped the attractiveness of the proposition to saving them at the time. If Derby's debt is sufficiently large and the assets are sufficiently small to put off buyers then our desire to save the club will not save it. 

if it is liquidated what does everyone think happens to a ready made empty football club/training ground, that infrastruture doesnt disappear.]

somebody comes along and gets an absolute steal,

worst case scenario is MSD have to sell that stadium to someone to cover the debt, its worth nothing sat empty and nothing for the 3 years it would take to redevelop.

DCFC will still exist in some capacity in 3 /6 months and 60 more years, It will not dissappear the best everyone can do is show support and be positive

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Lehman Brothers was an institution with a long history that went bust because the toxic assets outstripped the attractiveness of the proposition to saving them at the time. If Derby's debt is sufficiently large and the assets are sufficiently small to put off buyers then our desire to save the club will not save it. 

my point exactly

and IF lehman brothers were a football club do you think it would still exist once that debt is gone..............

and of course it will

if its liquidated somebody will buy the brand, renegoite PP/Moor farm and there good to rebuild knowing there is a baseline revenue from at least 15,000 hard core fans....

league 1 avg attendance according to google is 11,300, championship is 16,500.

yes its not ideal but somebody will be getting a bargain once this is all said and done.................the cost of that is yet to be determined and its a massive mark/stain in the history, but its only a chapter not the end of the book!!!!

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yea reading some other clubs forums and people really hate us, as fans. Seen some boro fans are calling us all deluded cos one person on here said sky would be upset that we wouldn't be in the championship anymore. 

So much for fans solidarity. Fans calling other clubs to get points deductions or be relegated or calling other teams cheats should be careful what they wish for.

Fork them. Fork them all.

WE are Derby SuperDerby -

Everyone hates us .

We don't care.

Have you been to Middlesborough? Burning dog waste bin on a citywide scale.

Fire Trash GIF

Just now, WhiteHorseRam said:

Fork them. Fork them all.

WE are Derby SuperDerby -

Everyone hates us .

We don't care.

Have you been to Middlesborough? Burning dog waste bin on a citywide scale.

Fire Trash GIF

I have been to middlesbrough.

My main feeling about the place was "I now have no need to visit an industiral city in Russia around the time of the fall of communism"

1 minute ago, observer said:

my point exactly

and IF lehman brothers were a football club do you think it would still exist once that debt is gone..............

and of course it will

if its liquidated somebody will buy the brand, renegoite PP/Moor farm and there good to rebuild knowing there is a baseline revenue from at least 15,000 hard core fans....

league 1 avg attendance according to google is 11,300, championship is 16,500.

yes its not ideal but somebody will be getting a bargain once this is all said and done.................the cost of that is yet to be determined and its a massive mark/stain in the history, but its only a chapter not the end of the book!!!!

No because it had gone bust entirely so they'd have to start from square 1. By definition it cannot exist and something new has to be formed in its place if the debt is too overwhelming to be serviced and no-one buys us out. That's exactly why some are discussing options for a phoenix club if that nightmare scenario came to pass. 

You've made a number of assumptions that Derby will still be a brand that someone wants if we do end up going under, that it will retain a very strong number of fans (I'd hesitate to say how many would stay) and that pride park and moor farm will be renegotiable rather than something else happening. I'm not sure any of these assumptions can necessarily be made at this point in time. 

My gut tells me liquidation won't happen but the fact that administration is going on means it is a possibility, denying that because 'we're too big' strikes me as foolish. Yes, someone may buy us and we can perhaps stem the bleeding in league 1 next year in which case it's a dark chapter but we'll have come through. It may have a knock on effect that we enter into the 4th tier for the first time in our history and substantial restructuring is needed to ensure our survival. However, the nightmare could be that the club is simply too loaded with debt and not sufficiently attractive to get anyone over the line and we end up ceasing to exist. In that scenario, we'd potentially be starting from the very bottom of the football pyramid and starting all over. 

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Exactly and the confidence to the chances of us finding a buyer is largely reliant upon the scale of the club's debts and assets of which none of us know that much about as of yet really except that it's bad enough to put us into administration. 

Most of the talk is of debts being £50 million to £60 million. It’s not like the club is going to find someone who will just clear all the debts. Some of the debts go away under a CVA but most will remain . 

if the club were liquidated then it loses the revenue from its fans , by far its biggest asset.  That would leave assets being leases on PPS and Moor Farm which would become worthless on liquidation plus the players who might fetch £10 million in a fire sale in January. 

so even preferred creditors would be looking at a massive hit and would be mad for HMRC air whoever to force liquidation. 

the club might cease trading pending new owners and be banished from the League but I don’t see liquidation as an option.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If it's not against the regs then yes, I bet Boro do similar. ?

It might not be against the regs, but it’s absolutely against the EFLs interpretation of them. They were crystal clear with us that the only ‘value’ a player can have is their ability to play for the football team. So unless they’ve all developed long-COVID or something, there’s no way that COVID should affect their value. If they’re claiming that players have value because of their ability to be sold, and COVID has caused that to drop because it’s broken the transfer market, then they’re absolutely doing what the EFL have dragged us through the mud for 2 years for doing.

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I have been to middlesbrough.

My main feeling about the place was "I now have no need to visit an industiral city in Russia around the time of the fall of communism"

Steve McClaren seems to like it for some reason as he still lives there.

Is he still employed by us by the way? Anyone know?