Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

Just now, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Steve McClaren seems to like it for some reason as he still lives there.

Is he still employed by us by the way? Anyone know?

Middlesbrough and Redcar are dumps, but the upper Tees Valley and the North Yorkshire Moors have some lovely spots. That's where 't rich folk live. 

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and league 1 is our lowest ebb. 

If we suffer all points deductions this season, then I’d think league 1 is the lowest we see. And surely if we offer an agreed sanction of enough points, the EFL accepts that and wipes the slate clean. Don’t you think  ? 

I think we need 18 points this season to avoid holding the lowest point record for the top 2 divisions ?      

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Sorry if this is old news, but apparently MM now owns the ground and the training set-up outright after paying-off all debts owed on them, (within the last day or two)!

Anyone know any different?

I can't believe that Mel has taken the stadium and training ground for himself, he owns them outright with no debt and he has left the club with a tax bill for money that HE spent...it surely can't be true.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I think once all of this is over and done with and however it turns out we’re going to have to borrow Milwalls no one likes us chant for a few seasons. 

People really don’t like us, do they?

Probably not but I could not care less as long as there is a club to support. Plus a club should not be synonymous with an owner's behaviour. As long as there is a club and Derby fans love it, who cares what other fans think. 

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I have been to middlesbrough.

My main feeling about the place was "I now have no need to visit an industiral city in Russia around the time of the fall of communism"

Middlesbrough Town Hall is a great venue - seen some fantastic comedy gigs there in recent years. The only thing is that you do feel it’s no better than a 50-50 chance your car is where you left it when you go back to the car part. 

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Sorry if this is old news, but apparently MM now owns the ground and the training set-up outright after paying-off all debts owed on them, (within the last day or two)!

Anyone know any different?

I've seen that written a couple of times, but seen no evidence to support it. The charges are still active at Companies House, although it's possible that the information isn't in real time. 

Without the MSD debt, the club might be a little more saleable, especially if Mel is going to redeem himself a little by leasing them to the club cheaply. 

All speculation at present though, so let's see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Without the MSD debt, the club might be a little more saleable, especially if Mel is going to redeem himself a little by leasing them to the club cheaply. 

All speculation at present though, so let's see what happens. 

And what if he offered them at £1 per year rent if they were renamed to Mel Morris Stadium and Mel Morris Academy!!

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

From what I've read, what Stoke have done is a massive amortisation dump - throwing a huge (£80m?) player value write down into one year and claiming it as a COVID-related (and therefore outside of P&S limits) revaluation. That will then allow them to record reduced amortisation losses in later years - and higher profits if players are sold - leaving them with more head room for the sir seasonal P&S returns.

Is that really OK?

No, maybe we should ask Gibson to have a word with the EFL