Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

21 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

20 years ago Leicester's story was not unlike ours

https://twohundredpercent.net/bad-things-leicester-city/

We all know what became of them - however, they got the lucky break that no points were docked and they were promoted (the points-docking rule was brought in BECAUSE of them)

And it still pisses me off. Big time.

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

How many clubs have been in the same situation we are now facing,and what became of them ?

And have any teams ever been bought out by their supporters,and did they survive

Only the weak die.  Accrington, Macclesfield, Bradford Park Avenue, and perhaps Dover in the near future.  Plenty of clubs go into admin and survive in one form or other.  You are a well supported club and your future will be bright(er).  Coventry City/ all other admin. clubs all fear liquidation.  I think you will come back although you may have to fall further like we did.  I'm certain the players withdrew their labour when things got messy.  Whereas you are bare bones at this stage. You could bounce back quickly providing you don't pay stupid wages. How on earth a club like yours managed this is certainly a head scratch.  Hold on to your playing venue.  Owning the ground is essential for any company in charge.  It could be the best part of 12 months before you are out of admin.  Coventry City fans were shafted by the owners rebranding and buying the club out of admin and then still managed to duck it up by trying to stress the ground owners.

Administration (British football) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)#:~:text=information. (March 2017)-,Club,27 November 2020[136,-]

Edited by Flying Fokker

32 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

And it still pisses me off. Big time.

It pisses me off as well.  Several other clubs did it.  ahem....    Leicester pisses me off because they bounced back.  Portsmouth deserved all the bad luck they get because of the ridiculous levels of debt they built up.      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)#:~:text=information. (March 2017)-,Club,27 November 2020[136,-]

As a Forest fan I feel for you guys, it's not your fault but you find your club utterly screwed by someone who has seemingly gone insane while in charge. We had a vaguely similar issue when Nigel Doherty, a lifelong fan bought us, pumped in over 100 million and made bad decision after bad decision, football's a hard hard game to get involved in but from outside it does look like MM has completely lost the plot.

You can't blame the EFL, on the face of it Mel had all the right credentials to be a fit and proper owner and while there look to be many points at which he should have been stopped from what he was doing you have to assume that no one thought he was actually doing what he was doing and seemingly submitting at best vague accounts, at worst downright fraudulent. COVID didn't help anyone but its not to blame either.  

A 12 point deduction is bad but worse looks like its coming and you have to think you can't stay up. I wish you luck in the first division. 

Edited by Icomeinpeace
spelling

5 minutes ago, Icomeinpeace said:

You can't blame the EFL, on the face of it Mel had all the right credentials to be a fit and proper owner and while there look to be many points at which he should have been stopped from what he was doing you have to assume that no one thought he was actually doing what he was doing and seemingly submitting at best vague accounts, at worst downright fraudulent. COVID didn't help anyone but its not to blame either.  

Your lot have all the right credentials too - the EFL are good at checking things out! ?