Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd imagine imagine reason we didn't get it is because they couldn't provide it.

The club could have rang you personally to say 'everything is grand, no need to worry' but I wouldn't have made a difference, we'd still be here and you'd have simply added being lied to on your list of grievances.

The thing is, as I stated, it wasn't the club who needed to call me. They all felt the same, scared and worried and have been for months.

We needed Stephen or Mel to come out publically, they didnt and look. We should have pushed harder for it harder hence my head in the sands comments. Far to many stuck by him blindly.

14 minutes ago, therams69 said:

The thing is, as I stated, it wasn't the club who needed to call me. They all felt the same, scared and worried and have been for months.

We needed Stephen or Mel to come out publically, they didnt and look. We should have pushed harder for it harder hence my head in the sands comments. Far to many stuck by him blindly.

The writing has been on the wall for a very long time. So much chatter about the EFL and amortisation, and other non-cash flow issues. Like any business, paying debt as it falls due is a good yardstick as to the health of a football club, and the competence of its owner. This was an inevitable outcome. I hope somehow the Administrators can evidence some personal liability against the directors, and of course Morris in particular. He shouldn’t be allowed to comfortably watch the clear up process.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

The writing has been on the wall for a very long time. So much chatter about the EFL and amortisation, and other non-cash flow issues. Like any business, paying debt as it falls due is a good yardstick as to the health of a football club, and the competence of its owner. This was an inevitable outcome. I hope somehow the Administrators can evidence some personal liability against the directors, and of course Morris in particular. He shouldn’t be allowed to comfortably watch the clear up process.

I have a great deal of sympathy for the staff and local businesses but i think they have already been affected by not being paid.

I remember B4 querying why the roadrider wasn't running and he was told it was to do with Covid and the city council saying they couldn't run. Why the city council should need to or have reason to be involved in a private charter is nonsense, more likely the coach operator was still waiting for outstanding debts to be settled and politely told the club to pay up or go away.

As @angieram said at the time the Alfreton area coach was running but that wasn't contracted to the club.

Administration can be a new beginning, there are examples of clubs that have been through it and fully recovered. What Administration is not though is a golden ticket, it is the start of what can be very dark days at a club. What is more essential than anything is that at the end of it the club is owned by someone or some consortium that has the interest of the club at heart and have the intelligence and capability to formulate a realistic plan for the climb back.

As has been mentioned all football related debts have to be paid first, failure to do this will result in the EFL removing the golden share, without that you cannot compete in any of is competitions.

The next problem is the HMRC, they are below football debts in priority and they hate it. They will issue winding up orders and they do this frequently in pursuit of the money they are owed. Normally clubs come to an arrangement but that arrangement does not include any reduction of the debt. They have to be paid and paid in full and they are relentless. Then come everyone else, all the small businesses and contractors and ancillary staff and they get screwed, they get the small crumbs that are left.

At other clubs there have been examples of players and managers tearing up their contracts to help the club, not many do that but it has happened. Wayne Rooney maybe someone who could leave the club in a good light by doing this.

Administration is the first step into a dark period, with it come massive restrictions on what you can spend and that applies for a period after you have come out of it. Administration may be the first step into darkness but good management thereafter can find the light again.

3 minutes ago, Bladderwrack said:

Administration can be a new beginning, there are examples of clubs that have been through it and fully recovered. What Administration is not though is a golden ticket, it is the start of what can be very dark days at a club. What is more essential than anything is that at the end of it the club is owned by someone or some consortium that has the interest of the club at heart and have the intelligence and capability to formulate a realistic plan for the climb back.

As has been mentioned all football related debts have to be paid first, failure to do this will result in the EFL removing the golden share, without that you cannot compete in any of is competitions.

The next problem is the HMRC, they are below football debts in priority and they hate it. They will issue winding up orders and they do this frequently in pursuit of the money they are owed. Normally clubs come to an arrangement but that arrangement does not include any reduction of the debt. They have to be paid and paid in full and they are relentless. Then come everyone else, all the small businesses and contractors and ancillary staff and they get screwed, they get the small crumbs that are left.

At other clubs there have been examples of players and managers tearing up their contracts to help the club, not many do that but it has happened. Wayne Rooney maybe someone who could leave the club in a good light by doing this.

Administration is the first step into a dark period, with it come massive restrictions on what you can spend and that applies for a period after you have come out of it. Administration may be the first step into darkness but good management thereafter can find the light again.

I assume all football related debts include payments to Cocu,Keogh and anyone else that the club may still owe money to.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I assume all football related debts include payments to Cocu,Keogh and anyone else that the club may still owe money to.

I think the preferred football claims are claims for salary accrued before termination. So not sure Keogh’s claim is preferred, nor Cocu, nor would Rooney be except for accrued salary. I think 

15 minutes ago, Bladderwrack said:

other clubs there have been examples of players and managers tearing up their contracts to help the club, not many do that but it has happened. Wayne Rooney maybe someone who could leave the club in a good light by doing this.

I think that will depend on whether the administrator sees him as an expensive cost, or as an asset to attract new buyers 

30 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I have a great deal of sympathy for the staff and local businesses but i think they have already been affected by not being paid.

I remember B4 querying why the roadrider wasn't running and he was told it was to do with Covid and the city council saying they couldn't run. Why the city council should need to or have reason to be involved in a private charter is nonsense, more likely the coach operator was still waiting for outstanding debts to be settled and politely told the club to pay up or go away.

As @angieram said at the time the Alfreton area coach was running but that wasn't contracted to the club.

Just seem a post on Twitter saying that The Yard won’t be open today - perhaps we can’t even afford to pay for the beer….

31 minutes ago, Bladderwrack said:

Great post mate, all we can do is hope

the irony is that weve had 18 months of an incredibly strick embargo… theres half a chance a new embargo will give us a tiny crumb more riggle room 

Im saying that in hope more than anything 

were going to have to be smart and cute in the t market…. If were ever allowed to operate in it again

Oh for the much maligned simon clough

37 minutes ago, Bladderwrack said:

When you're talking about debts being paid, and in what order, I presume this is after the club has been sold?

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

How many clubs have been in the same situation we are now facing,and what became of them ?

20 years ago Leicester's story was not unlike ours

https://twohundredpercent.net/bad-things-leicester-city/

We all know what became of them - however, they got the lucky break that no points were docked and they were promoted (the points-docking rule was brought in BECAUSE of them)