Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

It seems to me @therams69 that you're aware of alternative bids, and are none too happy that they've not been taken seriously. 

I'm probably reading too much into what you've said, but that's the impression I get.

I was told an American bid was turned down by many different people. No idea on the in's and out's mind. They could be skint for all I know but could it not be because of politics and refusing to sell to particular people - I dont know. 

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Perhaps it is unrealistic, I dont know. But if i was selling my house worth a huge amount I wouldn't entertain showing people round and dealing with paperwork if i knew they had no money, would you? 

I still believe he was (I think this may have changed) selling only to who he wanted to sell to on his terms. I know he said he would only do what was best for the club but I fail to see with these 2 parties how these were in the best interests of Derby County and as for him staying on as an advisor, well....... Originally I was very keen for this, so far from it now....

My apologies Tyler, banging headache today and not with it!

That's the problem IMHO if you had your house on the market then there's no requirement for potential buyers to have to prove that they could afford it before they came round to have a look.

I agree that if someone put an offer in that you'd accept that that's the time when they need to show whether they have the funds or not to complete the transaction, I have the same frustration that if they didn't it's a well thank you for your time and move on - in both cases especially the first the time to get to this has been extraordinarily protracted. Again though am not sure how much fault this can be placed at Morris' door. 

I just think as I've stated before that Morris is trying to sell the club at the worst possible time and trying to find suitors prepared to offer what Morris is looking for ain't going to happen. 

Just now, therams69 said:

I was told an American bid was turned down by many different people. No idea on the in's and out's mind. They could be skint for all I know but could it not be because of politics and refusing to sell to particular people - I dont know. 

So who do you think would know the ins and outs of such a bid? The cleaner? The groundsperson? The secretary?

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

erm totally did not answer the question ,, try again please , will you be happy if Morris releases a statement now saying many things can be looked ?

as a matter of interest I joined rams trust at the time ( whilst travelling home and away games with two kids but living in london so no radio Derby service ) and in my view they quickly turned out to be a waste of time 

I can only answer a question if it makes sense. Many things can be looked?

Interesting you have that view. I thought they did a fab job from the outside. Guess it's easy to criticise as opposed to compliment.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So who do you think would know the ins and outs of such a bid? The cleaner? The groundsperson? The secretary?

One thing we both know is that Derby is only a small city and people talk.

Couple of figures in local media know about it.

No I have never said that. Never had a one on one meeting with them.

Kind of already explained that - you are either ignoring that or are just late to the party.

Okay so, in your eyes we do nothing? That will achieve what exactly? Because from where I am standing I do not see this club having a rosy future, do you Archie?

?????,,, what it is your suggesting we do? and though not one to one meetings you have made it clear you used to get small meetings and titbits of info before the great unwashed ordinary fans , I suggest your peeved that has now been stopped??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's the problem IMHO if you had your house on the market then there's no requirement for potential buyers to have to prove that they could afford it before they came round to have a look.

I agree that if someone put an offer in that you'd accept that that's the time when they need to show whether they have the funds or not to complete the transaction, I have the same frustration that if they didn't it's a well thank you for your time and move on - in both cases especially the first the time to get to this has been extraordinarily protracted. Again though am not sure how much fault this can be placed at Morris' door. 

I just think as I've stated before that Morris is trying to sell the club at the worst possible time and trying to find suitors prepared to offer what Morris is looking for ain't going to happen. 

But in the football world there is. He has also said that in his own words. Otherwise I may say i want to buy the club just so I can have a butchers at the accounts.

Wouldn't disagree with that last statement at all Tyler but this is a big mess that he has to take responsibility for. Just bear in mind 2.3m got added to the debts only last week because things were not done correctly.

1 minute ago, Archied said:

?????,,, what it is your suggesting we do? and though not one to one meetings you have made it clear you used to get small meetings and titbits of info before the great unwashed ordinary fans , I suggest your peeved that has now been stopped??‍♂️

You see this is the problem. What a stupid thing to say. Before the great unwashed ordinary fans - I dont or wish to be put on pedestal ta very much or be seen as that. Those that know me and all that......

If you don’t know then why post it with the slant your also attaching re politics ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

we should all be coming together (and will be) to collectively get some answers. 

I gave up arguing with you a few days ago simply because you just wouldn't say what actions you want us fans to undertake. However, you still persist with your rallying calls that we fans come together and demand answers.

So, as a starting point, please can you list the questions that you want answered.

Just now, Archied said:

If you don’t know then why post it with the slant your also attaching re politics ??‍♂️

Sorry I was just referring to the politics and an ex CEO of ours who was linked with said bid.

Politics - I am very doubtful that Mel would sell to someone he dislikes. I get the impression he would never do this.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I gave up arguing with you a few days ago simply because you just wouldn't say what actions you want us fans to undertake. However, you still persist with your rallying calls that we fans come together and demand answers.

So, as a starting point, please can you list the questions that you want answered.

Who was arguing? 

Yes of course. Give it a few days. And its not just me.

9 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I can only answer a question if it makes sense. Many things can be looked?

Interesting you have that view. I thought they did a fab job from the outside. Guess it's easy to criticise as opposed to compliment.

Ahhhh the old swerve again on a missing word , what are these many things that can be looked at you speak of ???

also will it satisfy you if Morris comes out and says simply, many things can be looked at ?

2 minutes ago, therams69 said:

But in the football world there is. He has also said that in his own words. Otherwise I may say i want to buy the club just so I can have a butchers at the accounts.

Wouldn't disagree with that last statement at all Tyler but this is a big mess that he has to take responsibility for. Just bear in mind 2.3m got added to the debts only last week because things were not done correctly.

Hey I'm totally with you regards the peripheral debts being added due to mismanagement for avoidance of doubt, I just think that's tangential to the matter in hand but makes the sale of the club even more harder especially if the new owner is going to be picking up that tab.

I genuinely don't know what the answer is, as a going concern we are are an appalling proposition at the moment. Not sure what getting Morris to come out and make a statement would solve as it's blindingly obvious what dire straits we are without this so not sure what you would even expect him to say? Like yer everything is going to be fine? Think most people on here know or situation is parlous so would be just hollow words. 

10 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Is that the 2.3 that would have already been paid in wages?

Just now, Archied said:

Ahhhh the old swerve again on a missing word , what are these many things that can be looked at you speak of ???

also will it satisfy you if Morris comes out and says simply, many things can be looked at ?

It would satisfy me if Mel Morris or Stephen Pearce came out first and foremost. Anything after that is a bonus!

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hey I'm totally with you regards the peripheral debts being added due to mismanagement for avoidance of doubt, I just think that's tangential to the matter in hand but makes the sale of the club even more harder especially if the new owner is going to be picking up that tab.

I genuinely don't know what the answer is, as a going concern we are are an appalling proposition at the moment. Not sure what getting Morris to come out and make a statement would solve as it's blindingly obvious what dire straits we are without this so not sure what you would even expect him to say? Like yer everything is going to be fine? Think most people on here know or situation is parlous so would be just hollow words. 

Like I say though mate, he did it 3/4 months ago? Since then another takeover has collapsed. We should be having an update, not just left in the dark time and time again.

You see this is the problem. What a stupid thing to say. Before the great unwashed ordinary fans - I dont or wish to be put on pedestal ta very much or be seen as that. Those that know me and all that......

You may not realise this but that is the way you are posting and coming across on here on this subject,,,,, you may well come across very differently to those that know you personally 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Is that the 2.3 that would have already been paid in wages?

Well no because he had been sacked and the reason we sacked him was so because we didn't have to pay his wages.

Not to mention the other costs no doubt involved and embarrassment caused. If you are going to do it, it needed to be watertight. Any employer would tell you that.