Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

I'm really struggling to understand why we are going into admin.

We gambled too much on promotion and tried to find loopholes to escape the FFP rules. Whilst it was a stupid thing to do, it made some sort of sense. If/when it failed, it means points deductions and probable relegation. But it's not because the club ran out of money, it's because we spent more money than we were allowed.

How have we suddenly reached the point now where we don't have enough money for the club to continue functioning? Has Mel literally got no money left to keep the club going? If not, why has he now decided to stop funding the mess he created. Can't he just carry on paying the money until Jan, sell any high earners, sell the whole first team, and have a cheap team of kids? Or are most of the outgoings now just servicing debt with no end in sight? Just hope there is something else going on and this is necessary to push it through.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That is absolutely disgusting and Mel and Pearce should be completely ashamed of themselves for allowing that to happen. Revolting behaviour.

Seems it’s not just the fans he treats with contempt then. Don’t start me on Pearce, effin’’ lapdog with no backbone.

18 hours ago, therams69 said:

Remember the slating I took on here?.

And no, before I get criticised and slated again, I have zero satisfaction from all of this.

Fuming.

You were not slated.

You were simply asked what any of us could do that would affect anything. You repeatedly refused to answer that - probably because the truth is there was nothing we could do to alter the course of the club.

17 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm really struggling to understand why we are going into admin.

We gambled too much on promotion and tried to find loopholes to escape the FFP rules. Whilst it was a stupid thing to do, it made some sort of sense. If/when it failed, it means points deductions and probable relegation. But it's not because the club ran out of money, it's because we spent more money than we were allowed.

How have we suddenly reached the point now where we don't have enough money for the club to continue functioning? Has Mel literally got no money left to keep the club going? If not, why has he now decided to stop funding the mess he created. Can't he just carry on paying the money until Jan, sell any high earners, sell the whole first team, and have a cheap team of kids? Or are most of the outgoings now just servicing debt with no end in sight? Just hope there is something else going on and this is necessary to push it through.

All about cash flow. Apart from maybe 3-4k fans every 2 weeks per game buying a ticket there can't be much more actual cash coming into the club. Maybe some cash for Lowe and Bogle.

On the flip side, there are wages to pay monthly, HMRC bills, and daily running costs. 

That's before any previous debt for transfers (Kamal and Bielik circa £11m), HMRC etc have to be paid. 

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

All about cash flow. Apart from maybe 3-4k fans every 2 weeks per game buying a ticket there can't be much more actual cash coming into the club. Maybe some cash for Lowe and Bogle.

On the flip side, there are wages to pay monthly, HMRC bills, and daily running costs. 

That's before any previous debt for transfers (Kamal and Bielik circa £11m), HMRC etc have to be paid. 

Interest on debts must be pretty eye watering too

3 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

The fees paid for those 2 are pretty much criminal. Why were we still spending then?

Seems like the Lampard season was one last huge stupid gamble. When that didn't work, the writing must have been on the wall then.

Ironically people are blaming Steve Gibson but when you read about him and Middlesbrough he is exactly what Mel is to us.

He is a fan who bought the club, signed big names to raise the profile (Bryan Robson, Ravanelli etc). Under his tenure they won there only ever trophy and got to the UEFA cup final.

1 hour ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Rooney found out off Sky!

Are people really going to keep defending Mel?

He couldn’t even be bothered to tell Rooney before the news was announced.

The man is spineless but don’t worry as he is a fan an really cares (not).

He will walk away from this debt free. Yes, he has lost money but he will make it back somehow I am sure of it.

Oh and don’t forget his company owns the stadium so who will be receiving rent for us to play there in future? Or will he sell it back to us at a tidy profit for himself?