Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

20 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Did you miss the point about the minutes from the meetings being disclosed to all fans? There is no point going to these meetings if practically all of the information is kept quiet. 

What I said was not in relation to these meetings, I thought that would be pretty clear since we haven't met for over a year. I have in various replies mentioned things I raised at the meetings as general knowledge that perhaps has been forgotten over the years.

You say you are at a loss as to what I am trying to achieve but the sentence above contradicts that. You know and many others know what I am after. 

We all know Mel wants rid, he has said that and has also been very unsuccessful and unprofessional in trying to get rid, that you cannot deny. The question is will he be dragging this club down with him and that is where we should all be coming together (and will be) to collectively get some answers. 

So your peeved your not party to meeting anymore ?

the bits you and us really want to know about to feel more secure are the bits that can’t really be disclosed in an open all out on the table way for the good of the club, the bits that don’t fall in the practicality all catagory ??‍♂️,

the last paragraph is just ludicrous, we have no way of forcing mel Morris to walk away from multi millions or forcing meaningless answers , actions will speak no matter what anyone says beforehand 

3 minutes ago, therams69 said:

And I will always go back to .... "what is the point in speaking to the National Media when your fan base (a size of our club) is in Derby?"

Please tell me why you think that is.. Both have asked. Both are denied. Why?

The whole point of the meetings is so that members of said groups, like you on here, can ask something and that info is then relayed back to you. All part of good dialogue between club and the fans, something that is very important. This is no elite club for said 10 people, Punjabi Rams, RamsTrust, DCFCFANS, have all sent different members on different occasions.

Absolutely. We are all fans after all!

Do you think the local media has a wider reach than local media? Are Derby fans only confined to the local area?

I have no idea why they are not speaking to the local media, if anything I think they get an easier ride from the local media.

You have hinted that these meetings include information being divulged which should not be relayed to the fanbase. Its pointless cherry picking questions to answer if extremely important information is being withheld.

9 minutes ago, therams69 said:

And I will always go back to .... "what is the point in speaking to the National Media when your fan base (a size of our club) is in Derby?"

Please tell me why you think that is.. Both have asked. Both are denied. Why?

The whole point of the meetings is so that members of said groups, like you on here, can ask something and that info is then relayed back to you. All part of good dialogue between club and the fans, something that is very important. This is no elite club for said 10 people, Punjabi Rams, RamsTrust, DCFCFANS, have all sent different members on different occasions.

Absolutely. We are all fans after all!

Total  self obsessed rubbish ,,,out of interest  how many fans for instance on this forum are Derby based as opposed to not in radio Derby range in your view ? 
national media reaches everyone ( Derby included ) local media limited to local range??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

So your peeved your not party to meeting anymore ?

the bits you and us really want to know about to feel more secure are the bits that can’t really be disclosed in an open all out on the table way for the good of the club, the bits that don’t fall in the practicality all catagory ??‍♂️,

the last paragraph is just ludicrous, we have no way of forcing mel Morris to walk away from multi millions or forcing meaningless answers , actions will speak no matter what anyone says beforehand 

Eh? I didn't say that did I? I am not the one who has stopped the meetings.

Hang on a minute, he said it 3/4 months ago so he can, he is just choosing not to. 

It is far from ludicrous. The only thing ludicrous is that he has allowed these 2 parties to come through the door thus rejecting other offers and has wasted months in doing so. Just before the start of a new season. Just what we need. Perhaps if the club wasn't such a mess, which I am sure you agree on clearly is, then suitable owners would be queueing up. No one wants the debt he has saddled us with. His mistakes but of course he will never admit that. The latest being Keogh and 2.3m.

4 hours ago, therams69 said:

I think my point is more to the point that the likes of Nico, Ed Dawes etc know what is going on so can ask relevant 'tough' questions, same cannot be said for Jim White. I would just love to understand why they refuse to go on local radio or the DET yet will go out their way to go on Talksport or the Mail. 

This is why you have a CEO. Just a shame at Derby its in name only.

Unfortunately..............because...........

and even when we have it or don't have it we are embarrassed on Sky Sports, that has milked the life out of football, as it carries on hypocritically to ruin the beautiful game of football, as the machine carries on to feed the rich and kill the poor.

It's up to all football fans to unite and blow the man down.

Edited by Inverurie Ram

10 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Quite simply, as I said in my first ever original post on this matter, to get Mel or Stephen Pearce (both current custodians of this football club) to come out and speak to the fans via local radio or the DET in an open manner and tell us that this football club is going to be okay. I do not expect the finer details of takeover covered by NDC's to be mentioned. 

When I say unprofessional I am eluding to the fact that both parties that we have agreed takeovers with have not materialised and on both occasions its always down to the said main guy not having the money. So when i say unprofessional I am referring to the due diligence that is done on these parties. It was clear from the offset that the Sheikh was not a cousin of the Man City owner and it was clear Alonso, well what can I say......

It comes into the matter because to buy a football club, serious checks have to be made on said individuals. As Mel has said before, these checks are very thorough and he would not sell to anyone. Are you really telling me either of these 2 parties had any metal about them? I guess you could say when you are desperate and all that your judgement goes missing...

Ok ,, let’s say for instance mel comes out and says he really doesn’t know in this climate that the club is going to be ok and he needs to sell for whatever reasons to whoever comes up with the money ,,,,,,,,,, what do you suggest us fans do and how does said statement serve the club?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you think the local media has a wider reach than local media? Are Derby fans only confined to the local area?

I have no idea why they are not speaking to the local media, if anything I think they get an easier ride from the local media.

You have hinted that these meetings include information being divulged which should not be relayed to the fanbase. Its pointless cherry picking questions to answer if extremely important information is being withheld.

I presume you mean National Radio? No of course not but the majority of Rams Fans are located in Derby / Derbyshire. We are not global and even if we were the news should come out of the city your club is in imho.

You have no idea why they are not speaking to local radio. Okay, do you not think that it's strange why they just ignore local media requests? Does that genuinely not concern you? Both Ed & Nico & Ryan follow Derby home and away, should they not get the chance to ask questions? Huge kick in the teeth to them.

Okay I think its getting a bit silly about these meetings now. Will give you an example. Keogh was about to be announced as sacked whilst we had a meeting. They felt it was polite to tell us as it wouldn't be fair to see when we got home and no mention of it in the meeting that night. Obviously the announcement was going to be made in the next hour or so. They asked us not to say anything until announced and thats fair enough. That is an example of what I mean. You are reading to much into it. 

14 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Quite simply, as I said in my first ever original post on this matter, to get Mel or Stephen Pearce (both current custodians of this football club) to come out and speak to the fans via local radio or the DET in an open manner and tell us that this football club is going to be okay. I do not expect the finer details of takeover covered by NDC's to be mentioned. 

When I say unprofessional I am eluding to the fact that both parties that we have agreed takeovers with have not materialised and on both occasions its always down to the said main guy not having the money. So when i say unprofessional I am referring to the due diligence that is done on these parties. It was clear from the offset that the Sheikh was not a cousin of the Man City owner and it was clear Alonso, well what can I say......

It comes into the matter because to buy a football club, serious checks have to be made on said individuals. As Mel has said before, these checks are very thorough and he would not sell to anyone. Are you really telling me either of these 2 parties had any metal about them? I guess you could say when you are desperate and all that your judgement goes missing...

Yer I thought you would say that. If the two parties who were interested were found out to be tyre kickers then isn't that because the price Morris is trying to flog the club at is totally unrealistic rather than being unprofessional though? Of course I would want to get as much bang for my bucks as anyone else would.

Not normally arsed about grammar punctuation or syntax on here as mines the worst at times but think you meant alluding to.

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok ,, let’s say for instance mel comes out and says he really doesn’t know in this climate that the club is going to be ok and he needs to sell for whatever reasons to whoever comes up with the money ,,,,,,,,,, what do you suggest us fans do and how does said statement serve the club?

This is a really good and positive question...

Many things could be looked at but its better to be ahead of the game as opposed to finding out its all to late. God forbid it would ever come to that but as in the instance with the 3 amigos, RamsTrust had a big say in things and its thanks to their leadership we managed to get things sorted.

This is a different scale though but why can we just not be in it all together. Someone said on another thread, they dont care what league or how good we are as long as the club exists, they are my feelings too. Look at Exeter, Portsmouth etc... 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yer I thought you would say that. If the two parties who were interested were found out to be tyre kickers then isn't that because the price Morris is trying to flog the club at is totally unrealistic rather than being unprofessional though? Of course I would want to get as much bang for my bucks as anyone else would.

Not normally arsed about grammar punctuation or syntax on here as mines the worst at times but think you meant alluding to.

Perhaps it is unrealistic, I dont know. But if i was selling my house worth a huge amount I wouldn't entertain showing people round and dealing with paperwork if i knew they had no money, would you? 

I still believe he was (I think this may have changed) selling only to who he wanted to sell to on his terms. I know he said he would only do what was best for the club but I fail to see with these 2 parties how these were in the best interests of Derby County and as for him staying on as an advisor, well....... Originally I was very keen for this, so far from it now....

My apologies Tyler, banging headache today and not with it!

@therams69The problem is though Nick, company directors are not legally allowed to publicly discuss insolvency events or flotations. Talking about takeovers or equity injections in the early stages is very unprofessional and liable to be costly if there's an NDA.

It's almost certain that Derby County's immediate future involves one or more of these things. Even Mel saying that he'll continue to fund the club indefinitely could be prejudicial or a really poor negotiating tactic.

I suspect that you are literally asking the impossible. 

7 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Eh? I didn't say that did I? I am not the one who has stopped the meetings.

Hang on a minute, he said it 3/4 months ago so he can, he is just choosing not to. 

It is far from ludicrous. The only thing ludicrous is that he has allowed these 2 parties to come through the door thus rejecting other offers and has wasted months in doing so. Just before the start of a new season. Just what we need. Perhaps if the club wasn't such a mess, which I am sure you agree on clearly is, then suitable owners would be queueing up. No one wants the debt he has saddled us with. His mistakes but of course he will never admit that. The latest being Keogh and 2.3m.

Erm the point was are you peeved that owner and top management have stopped meeting YOU and keeping YOU in the loop ??‍♂️
pretty much what your doing here telling fans on a forum they should be worried but not prepared give info ?,

I get your angry ,,, the point you miss by miles is that we are where we are NOW and your trying to round up a gang of pitchfork wielding fans to achieve ????

Just now, CornwallRam said:

@therams69The problem is though Nick, company directors are not legally allowed to publicly discuss insolvency events or flotations. Talking about takeovers or equity injections in the early stages is very unprofessional and liable to be costly if there's an NDA.

It's almost certain that Derby County's immediate future involves one or more of these things. Even Mel saying that he'll continue to fund the club indefinitely could be prejudicial or a really poor negotiating tactic.

I suspect that you are literally asking the impossible. 

I do get that Cornwall and dont wish to ever come across as an expert, far from it. 

But why not come out and say that? He still owns this football club and as we speak (or at least know!) we have no deal arranged with anyone else. Everyone knows he is desperate, so his hand is well and truly shown. What I do suspect because of this is that there are many interested parties circling to get the club once we go into admin. By all accounts this will only shave £10m off if the nationals are to be believed. The accounts are such a mess (bear in mind we haven't seen 2 years worth is it now?) that I dont think anyone actually knows. When they are released Keiran McGuire will have a field day.

13 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I presume you mean National Radio? No of course not but the majority of Rams Fans are located in Derby / Derbyshire. We are not global and even if we were the news should come out of the city your club is in imho.

Lots of fans are suggesting they have a different view to you. You appear to be ignoring their views. Why are your views more important/valuable? Remember: 'we are all Derby'!

Just now, Rev said:

It seems to me @therams69 that you're aware of alternative bids, and are none too happy that they've not been taken seriously. 

I'm probably reading too much into what you've said, but that's the impression I get.

Lol. How on earth would he be aware of anything like that?! ?

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Erm the point was are you peeved that owner and top management have stopped meeting YOU and keeping YOU in the loop ??‍♂️
pretty much what your doing here telling fans on a forum they should be worried but not prepared give info ?,

I get your angry ,,, the point you miss by miles is that we are where we are NOW and your trying to round up a gang of pitchfork wielding fans to achieve ????

No I have never said that. Never had a one on one meeting with them.

Kind of already explained that - you are either ignoring that or are just late to the party.

Okay so, in your eyes we do nothing? That will achieve what exactly? Because from where I am standing I do not see this club having a rosy future, do you Archie?

25 minutes ago, therams69 said:

This is a really good and positive question...

Many things could be looked at but its better to be ahead of the game as opposed to finding out its all to late. God forbid it would ever come to that but as in the instance with the 3 amigos, RamsTrust had a big say in things and its thanks to their leadership we managed to get things sorted.

This is a different scale though but why can we just not be in it all together. Someone said on another thread, they dont care what league or how good we are as long as the club exists, they are my feelings too. Look at Exeter, Portsmouth etc... 

erm totally did not answer the question ,, try again please , will you be happy if Morris releases a statement now saying many things can be looked at ?

as a matter of interest I joined rams trust at the time ( whilst travelling home and away games with two kids but living in london so no radio Derby service ) and in my view they quickly turned out to be a waste of time 

Edited by Archied

26 minutes ago, Archied said:

Total  self obsessed rubbish ,,,out of interest  how many fans for instance on this forum are Derby based as opposed to not in radio Derby range in your view ? 
national media reaches everyone ( Derby included ) local media limited to local range??‍♂️

I live in Aberdeenshire and watch East Midlands News every night and listen to Radio Derby now and again.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lots of fans are suggesting they have a different view to you. You appear to be ignoring their views. Why are your views more important/valuable? Remember: 'we are all Derby'!

Correct they are and as always view are welcome. Very interesting though. I would suggest my views are aligned with the majority having spoken to so many other supporters, not just on here for some reason. 

They are not more important and why would they be? 

Correct, we are all Derby! The unfortunate situation here is that many are taking offence with what I say, just because I want to hear from the CEO and Owner as to what is going on at our football club. 

The easy thing would have been not to have said anything on here....