Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

15 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If,as some have suggested we offer 25% of the debt, roughly £6.5M if the figure of £26M is correct then i can't see the HMRC accepting that,the voters would be up in arms with the recent announcement of taxes being increased which wouldn't sit well with politicians,the HMRC now have the upper hand since the changes.

Well I guess there will come a time where the administrators and the HMRC sit down and the offer is, you can take x amount now and carry on picking up tax in future seasons (promise We’ll pay this time, honest) or you can liquidate a club that has literally no assets and take a share of bugger all with the other secured creditors ??‍♂️. I don’t see that as having an upper hand, whatever happens from here they’re not going to get the full amount of money owed.

Edited by QuitYourJibbaJivin

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Football is not like any other business.

It is. The HMRC can allow any business to be sold or liquidated and it depends on many factors and in our favour is that there is a historical reality that they will receive a heck of a lot of tax income in the future if Derby county survived.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It is. The HMRC can allow any business to be sold or liquidated and it depends on many factors and in our favour is that there is a historical reality that they will receive a heck of a lot of tax income in the future if Derby county survived.

That can't be guaranteed if we are relegated,loss of TV income etc.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/366661/vas-factsheet_1_.pdf

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The more I hear from the administrators the more I fear all isn't as it seems and all isn't going to be as rosey as they are trying to suggest.

I overhead someone at the gym, a father of an ex Derby player saying Derby are in a much bigger mess than the administrators are letting on.

I really hope he is wrong and I am wrong.

Was it Steve Bloomers father by any chance. 

The confidence from the administrators certainly seems to have waivered slightly, although unfortunately not too surprising as more comes out the woodwork from their findings. I guess we will have to wait and see what transpires over the next few months. 

The HMRC would only waste the money anyway. They may as well let us keep it. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why is the market value estimated at "significantly less than £30m"?
Sunderland went for £30m and Ipswich for £25m as L1 clubs

Both own their grounds and sunderland at least had gone through significant financial restructuring putting them on a path towards sustainability. Derby  in a position of not owning the ground, owing a mountain of debt and have a distinct possibility of ending up in league 1 after this season too.  

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Both own their grounds and sunderland at least had gone through significant financial restructuring putting them on a path towards sustainability. Derby  in a position of not owning the ground, owing a mountain of debt and have a distinct possibility of ending up in league 1 after this season too.  

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

Bit not for long...

Next you'll be saying Burnley are now only worth £50m (£200m a couple of months ago) in the PL because there's a good chance they'll be in the Championship next season.

The comparison was with Sunderland who take in 33% less revenue than us in a normal season, and Ipswich with 50% less revenue (after accounting for league disparity)

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Next you'll be saying Burnley are now only worth £50m (£200m a couple of months ago) in the PL because there's a good chance they'll be in the Championship next season.

The comparison was with Sunderland who take in 33% less revenue than us in a normal season, and Ipswich with 50% less revenue (after accounting for league disparity)

But Burnley haven't been handed a 12 point deduction.

The Daily Fail article is up to their usual standard. Mixing up “:secured creditors” with “ preferred creditors” , mixing up market value with asset values, referring to an HMRC bail out (nobody is expecting HMRC ago pay any money into the club) . oh and then there are all those anonymous sources. 

If Sunderland were sold for £30 million that will reflect the club’s assets and their debts. Of course Derby’s market value is likely to be less than that, that is why they are in administration. Insolvency means the market value would be nothing .

but comparing market value with debts is just very misleading. 

Edited by PistoldPete