El DerbyCo

roboto

1 minute ago, David Graham Brown said:

We seem to be ramping up the ifs and whats, and getting in a bit of a tizzy here.

We have de platformed him before he’s had chance to introduce himself. 

Not at all. I for one want to know more. Anyway, I doubt any introduction he may give will will say anything about his views on Muslims, women, nationalism etc.

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It matters a hell of a lot - I don't expect everyone I meet to share my views on the structure of the Social Contract arising from the Miners Strike but I also don't think you just write off views because they don't directly impact you. If the owner of my football club has extreme right wing - or other - views then I'm not of the mind to just say 'no worries, as long as he buys us a new striker'. Football is not that important.

Mate if that's genuinely how you feel then just walk away....Wailing and teeth gnashing about the new guy's percieved politics (and percieved is all they are at present) won't make any difference if Mel feels he's the right person to sell to - and if Alonso is no more that a front for some other wealthy folk then it'll all be a bit pointless in the long-run....

Having been a supporter back in the day when we were 15 minutes away from going completely out of busness (and being convinced that we are currently in the most dodgy predicament since that time), I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us simply want the club to be taken over by someone with the ambition and the financial clout to keep the club afloat and move us forward - and hopefully that's the case with the new guy (and more importantly the people he's representing if he is fronting a consortium). I have no idea what the politics of most previous owners were and it didn't impact on my support for the club. Consequently I'm not about to change that approach just because it's currently seen as 'the right thing to do' to kick off about every percieved injustice that has ever happened to anyone, anywhere.....

9 minutes ago, roboto said:

It would be much easier if he wasn't involved so heavily in any political party.

Exactly.

Most business people are usually careful to be well away form any politics for very sensible reasons.

Either way, the real concern (or at least the unknown element) concerns the actual money behind the deal. What are the intentions? What is the budget? What are the longer term plans? I personally fear it's going to be 3 amigos mk2 with a season (or two) at trying to be proomoted followed by fire sale if we bugger it up again.

On the Vox stuff, if people were happy for us to be associated with a ruling family of the UAE then they can't really complain about associations with unsavoury political parties quite honestly. You can't pick and choose your authoritarianism, I don't really think as a club we should be associated with either. I think what bothers me much more atm is his disputed time with Sheffield Wednesday and the lack of personal wealth which signifies significant problems moving forward. If Morris is selling us on to the quickest bidder he should feel significant shame. 

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Mate if that's genuinely how you feel then just walk away....Wailing and teeth gnashing about the new guy's percieved politics (and percieved is all they are at present) won't make any difference if Mel feels he's the right person to sell to - and if Alonso is no more that a front for some other wealthy folk then it'll all be a bit pointless in the long-run....

Having been a supporter back in the day when we were 15 minutes away from going completely out of busness (and being convinced that we are currently in the most dodgy predicament since that time), I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us simply want the club to be taken over by someone with the ambition and the financial clout to keep the club afloat and move us forward - and hopefully that's the case with the new guy (and more importantly the people he's representing if he is fronting a consortium). I have no idea what the politics of most previous owners were and it didn't impact on my support for the club. Consequently I'm not about to change that approach just because it's currently seen as 'the right thing to do' to kick off about every percieved injustice that has ever happened to anyone, anywhere.....

Do you think that Mel Morris thinks he's the right person? Morris was so desperate to sell that he got suckered by a bloke that has got very recent form for being a charlatan. This present fella is the next one in line.

20 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

I really hope I'm wrong but I can see little positive in this deal.  It seems to be backed by an Indonesian consortium of investors who I fear are biting off more than they can chew.

Frying pan....fire springs to mind.

But at least it means that we might finally be able to file one of our overdue sets of accounts - the June 19 ones and then maybe the June 20 ones so we can see what sort of a disaster we are looking at.

Would you care to share a bit more of you insider knowledge with the rest of us? or are you just speculating and working yourself into a tizzy with absolutely no idea what you're talking about?

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Do you think that Mel Morris thinks he's the right person? Morris was so desperate to sell that he got suckered by a bloke that has got very recent form for being a charlatan. This present fella is the next one in line.

The position Mel is in (with his documented health issues and the club hemorrhaging money) means that anyone who can show him they have the financial muscle to actually complete the deal is potentially 'the right person'. But we all know he's a long-term fan so I doubt he'd simply offload us to a buch of asset-stripping shysters (even the dodgy Sheikh seemed to have initially have the readiies until one of his group backed out of the deal) - though I wouldn't actually blame Mel for selling to anyone at all if he's made the mistake of reading some of the personal attacks from so-called fans on this forum.....

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The point is that his politics aren't only perceived - he stood as an actual candidate just over two years ago. His politics have a big flashing light over them saying 'I support Vox'. 

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Would you care to share a bit more of you insider knowledge with the rest of us? or are you just speculating and working yourself into a tizzy with absolutely no idea what you're talking about?

The "Indonesian backers" theory is based on the fact that last year it was reported that he'd approached Sheffield Wednesday backed by an Indonesian consortium. It's possible, but not confirmed, that the takeover here involves the same group.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/erik-alonso-wednesday-Derby-takeover-20057316

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

The position Mel is in (with his documented health issues and the club hemorrhaging money) means that anyone who can show him they have the financial muscle to actually complete the deal is potentially 'the right person'. But we all know he's a long-term fan so I doubt he'd simply offload us to a buch of asset-stripping shysters (even the dodgy Sheikh seemed to have initially have the readiies until one of his group backed out of the deal) - though I wouldn't actually blame Mel for selling to anyone at all if he's made the mistake of reading some of the personal attacks from so-called fans on this forum.....

Is the stadium included...

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Yet these aren't the group alluded to by J Percy 'I've been told the other two (possible investors) are credible... and one of them could even be "a dream come true" for Derby if it were to happen.'