El DerbyCo

roboto

I guess we wait and see, but I can't stress how much I REALLY didn't want to see this come to fruition.

I really don't like the idea of a guy who is openly far right, with limited cash of his own, coming in to become the figure head of a unknown consortium. A 29-year-old at that. 

This very much looks like a nail in the coffin to me, rather than anything I can be optimistic about. If you're anything but concerned then I would really like to know what you know, because this is a bigger red flag than the fake Shiekh in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I really don't like the idea of a guy who is openly far right, with limited cash of his own, coming in to become the figure head of a unknown consortium. A 29-year-old at that. 

This very much looks like a nail in the coffin to me, rather than anything I can be optimistic about. If you're anything but concerned then I would really like to know what you know, because this is a bigger red flag than the fake Shiekh in my opinion. 

Know what you mean, but what can we do? Just wait it out and go along with the ride. More concerned that Morris will still be around tbh.

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I guess we wait and see, but I can't stress how much I REALLY didn't want to see this come to fruition.

I'm a naturally optimistic so I am, optimistic, of course. I'm not sure what it is that you KNOW that makes you so 'concerned' I don't know anything about the bloke so, like I said, I remain optimistic.

47 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

It never cease to amaze me how suddenly people become experts in business, finance and football takeovers - when in reality, their only expertise is on kebabs, eBay and Amazon. 
All I care about is being able to watch my team, hopefully do well, be entertained - and that’s it. 

I’ll just chill my beanz and watch other ‘know it all’s’ go in to sizemic meltdowns ?

Totally agree lets see how this play out

That said lets hope they have deep pockets we need to invest in at least 7/8 new players next season if we have any hope of going anywhere in this division assuming we are still playing in this division and get rid of the ramell we have 

57 minutes ago, Ramos said:

That or just so much money that losses aren’t a concern. Maybe the two go hand in hand. 

Of course. I did only say "wary" though, not that we should never trust them at all

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He's got form with the right has Mel....

Mel Morris PM 640x416.jpg

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Us simple fans find it hard to believe any information that comes out of Derby. After months of “ The cheque is in the post” and “The club is being run in  tandem” .  All we ask for is a bit of truth and honesty. 

'I', not 'we.

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Can anyone tell me where this idea of him being 'openly far right' has come from? 

I have googled it, and the only things I can find are gossip on OwlsTalk and Twitter - with nothing to substantiate it.

@David - tagging you in case you think this part of the thread needs removing for legal reasons.

51 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I agree, he's brokered the deal but Mel would not sell to someone or his backers if they have no money. The EFL wouldn't allow it so what would be the point in going this far if they only had a few quid.

Just my opinion ?

Didn't the EFL sign off Derventio Holdings uk Limited who clearly had the some of Sod All Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley