El DerbyCo

roboto

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I guess we wait and see, but I can't stress how much I REALLY didn't want to see this come to fruition.

I really don't like the idea of a guy who is openly far right, with limited cash of his own, coming in to become the figure head of a unknown consortium. A 29-year-old at that. 

This very much looks like a nail in the coffin to me, rather than anything I can be optimistic about. If you're anything but concerned then I would really like to know what you know, because this is a bigger red flag than the fake Shiekh in my opinion. 

I honestly think Mel would sell to Ronald McDonald and Hamburglar at the minute.  He's clearly got health issues he needs to sort out and want's out of a massive wage bill with no funds really coming in to pay any of it.

We probably won't be the last club to taken over by a bunch of chancers, at least we have experience of it it.  This really smells of a Murdo McCloud revisited to me. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So, hang on a minute. Is the bloke a fascist?

All jokes aside, Vox aren't fascist, but they are very right-wing. Fascism is opposed to democracy and liberalism, where Vox supports democracy and are economically (neo)liberal. However, Vox's platform is socially conservative and rooted in Spanish nationalism.

Surely I can't be the only one who couldnt care less about Alonso's political views? Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion whether we agree with it or not.

Unless he starts to implement any of these supposed views onto Derby County such as not employing gay people or allowing them into ground then what does it matter?

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Surely I can't be the only one who couldnt care less about Alonso's political views? Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion whether we agree with it or not.

Unless he starts to implement any of these supposed views onto Derby County such as not employing gay people or allowing them into ground then what does it matter?

Totally agree

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Of course it matters.

Derby County, even football in general, is not the be all and end all of everything on earth.

You cannot look at any single aspect of life in isolation; everything is interrelated.

Edited by IslandExile

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Considering Vox run on outright anti-Islam platforms and we have players and fans who are Muslim or have families that are Muslim, It becomes a bit of a problem imo. 

Just now, LB_DCFC said:

Considering Vox run on outright anti-Islam platforms and we have players and fans who are Muslim or have families that are Muslim, It becomes a bit of a problem imo. 

But vox is nothing to do with us, like I said unless he bans muslims etc why does it make a difference? For all we know some players who muslims are cheering for week in and week out at all clubs could be anti-muslim?

Got to be honest and admit I don’t know what to make of this news. Don’t know the first thing about Mr Alonso so don’t understand why my instincts are warning me this might not end well.

Maybe it’s because I’ve read on here about him being a broker for some Thai big shots and I have a natural distrust of brokers and I can’t put my finger on exactly why that is either, I just think opportunist/quick buck/sell their granny as opposed to something honourable.

I hope they do well for us, that goes without saying, but action speaks louder than words so I await with interest their “sweetener” to get the fans onside.

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Some folk will find something wrong with everything. They’ll make something up that isn’t there if they can’t find anything.

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

You're not the only one, I'm sure. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who is concerned.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

But vox is nothing to do with us, like I said unless he bans muslims etc why does it make a difference? For all we know some players who muslims are cheering for week in and week out at all clubs could be anti-muslim?

But if you were muslim yourself, imagine how you'd feel if someone heavily involved in the hierarchy of your football club supported a political group openly calling for a 'reconquest' of Spain and the deportation of tens of thousands of Muslims. yeah that's a problem to me. 

Edited by LB_DCFC

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

You're not the only one, I'm sure. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who is concerned.

I can understand peoples concerns fully in terms of the takeover and financially etc but in terms of his political views I just dont get it, until it impacts the club it really makes no difference. Mel aligned himself with the Conservative party, im sure plenty of fans who supported other parties didnt like it but at the end of the day it makes no impact on the club. Also I dont understand fans writing him off due to his Sheff Weds links, he joined them well after they got into trouble.

Us fans have no idea on what political views most of our players and staff support yet we cheer the club on every week.