El DerbyCo

roboto

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Not really. Only an idiot or a chancer would try and buy us in our current state at the current asking price. 

Plenty would line up if he was to sell to the right person even if it meant selling for a quid. 

They don't seem to be the 'right' people though, these local businessmen. 

It's so obvious what is going on, and the desperation is at Katie Price levels for finding anyone who will make him as much money back as possible. 

What is the asking price? I read £5m plus taking on the debts? What are the debts?

18 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

He’s basically made us unsellable through bad choices 

71673B10-2D58-4D4C-8E60-5C6E50AE40B1.png

I wonder who he has been talking to conclude that? The only financial information available in the public domain is at 30 June 2018.

So either someone from in the club or someone who should have signed an NDA is supposedly giving this guy the figures?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

So, the Athletic article (link below) says that Alonso has other “silent partners”...

I asked if one could be Matt Southall...

3230AA44-D43B-4ACB-829F-BEA06B8ACCFD.jpeg

It's a very 'The Athletic' article - Some insight, some guesswork, very long! I have a problem with some of the claims, for instance:-

"Any change of ownership at the club would give MSD the right to call in this loan, which now totals somewhere between £15-30 million, depending on who you talk to. Whatever the exact amount, MSD can also apply early redemption penalties if it chooses" So we don't know the value of the contract but we know the minutiae of the small print? It's also slightly strange to describe MSD as having a 'choice' over whether to pay early redemption penalties. If that's what the contract says, that's what will happen.

I find this idea that people show each bank statements as proof of funds odd as well. To even profess that a wealthy individual has £65m in his Santander account just sitting there waiting to be spent and would send a screenshot as evidence is a bit naive. 

The sad thing is, while this takeover deal is still “on”, whenever Alonso embarrasses himself, it embarrasses us.

Once we know the outcome of the appeal and the future is a lot more clear, there must be more parties that are interested. It’s been mentioned by journalists in the past that various parties are waiting in the wings. It’s immediately more credible for a party to come forward with an offer once they knew if we would be Championship or League One, and when they know what deduction or fine we face.

I would much rather have a group of owners who are willing to bide their time and consider them circumstances than a chancer who hopes they can fluke their way through the tests and get to the reigns first.

The plug absolutely has to be pulled on this deal by Mel. We’ve got enough bad publicity at the moment, let alone by making more for ourselves by entertaining embarrassments like Erik Alonso, and trying to invite him into our house.

25 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I was about to say £10 for the first person who finds it listed on AirBnB. Turns out he couldn't even be arsed to leave his house to make himself look good.

He's a charlatan and a liar. I think I can call him that now without getting in trouble. The evidence is too strong.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7