El DerbyCo

roboto

35 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

And also the chance that if the Mail report is right, he risks arrest in the UK. Looks like we somehow found the  way to attract a bigger brain than the Fake Sheikh.

I think there are some misunderstandings on that count. He does not appear to have claimed the backing that the press have alluded to. It could be that their understanding was manipulated through social media, however. He has though stated unequivocally that he has £150 million of his own money to invest in Derby but even if that proves not to be the true, I'm not sure there's any 'case' to answer. His links to certain unsavoury individuals and the similarities between this attempt to take control of Derby and that of another club* are quite disturbing, so what would have happened had his bid succeeded is very much open to debate. 

What does seem clear is that very little due diligence, if any, is being undertaken in the assessment of potential buyers prior to contracts being agreed, which is worrying enough in its own right. Even relatively simple 'background checks' would surely have raised a few flags so the fact that an in principle agreement was reached pending EFL approval poses some quite uncomfortable questions.

*Discretion is the best part of valour, they say!

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

43 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Perhaps we keep giving the wrong bank details? I mean, if you get one digit wrong on your account number, they'll have trouble sending you money. I can't imagine both Sheikhy and Alfonso weren't genuine?

So when I got a text from the bank saying I'd had a deposit of £35M into my current account you're suggesting it's probably not really my money?

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

So when I got a text from the bank saying I'd had a deposit of £35M into my current account you're suggesting it's probably not really my money?

No, that's genuine. Just text your details to the prince who's sending it to you, it'll all be fine.

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Fascinating insight on the Alonso takeover this morning that is well worth a read.

But will we ever get to read an article about Derby County without mention of Wayne Rooney’s playing career? 

64EABA58-203E-4798-BA8D-5C0394C842FB.jpeg

No because when tailoring a written article to be search engine friendly having the words "Wayne Rooney" featuring prominently is the way to go if you want it to be pushed up the list. 

If Alonso gets his hands on the club, I'm taking a well deserve sabbatical from Derby County and probably football in general. 

At best, he doesn't ruin the club but we never get to fully concentrate just on the football. At worst, he ruins the club whilst using it as a platform to create more links to convicted murders and infamous fraudsters. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Alonso gets his hands on the club, I'm taking a well deserve sabbatical from Derby County and probably football in general. 

At best, he doesn't ruin the club but we never get to fully concentrate just on the football. At worst, he ruins the club whilst using it as a platform to create more links to convicted murders and infamous fraudsters. 

Murderers? Have i missed something mate???

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Murderers? Have i missed something mate???

Tommy Suharto, his latest new connection with regards to Indonesian money, is a convicted murderer. He does seem to have a fair amount of cash, but also a long list of scandals and rather unsavory motivations when it comes to business. 

The family has a debated net worth of between $20-40 billion. 

24 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Tommy Suharto, his latest new connection with regards to Indonesian money, is a convicted murderer. He does seem to have a fair amount of cash, but also a long list of scandals and rather unsavory motivations when it comes to business. 

The family has a debated net worth of between $20-40 billion. 

Alonso quoted in that article saying “Tommy is my friend”.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

9 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

He’s basically made us unsellable through bad choices 

71673B10-2D58-4D4C-8E60-5C6E50AE40B1.png

Not really. Only an idiot or a chancer would try and buy us in our current state at the current asking price. 

Plenty would line up if he was to sell to the right person even if it meant selling for a quid. 

They don't seem to be the 'right' people though, these local businessmen. 

It's so obvious what is going on, and the desperation is at Katie Price levels for finding anyone who will make him as much money back as possible.