Frank Lampard

Day

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Vested interest in Lampard doing well at Everton.

Firstly, the better Lampard does at Everton, the less likely they are to come sniffing for Rooney in the near future. It's not to say that Rooney won't be headhunted by another side, but I think he'd find it harder to turn Everton down again.

Secondly, Everton and Leeds won't both go down. And we all want Leeds to go down, so that means we all want Everton to stay up.

Even though Burnley don’t float my boat I’d take them to stay up over either Leeds or Everton all day long. Leeds? …. Just because they’re Leeds and Everton because Frank's not the PL manager he thinks he is. Administration aside he should’ve stayed with us for a season or two longer, cut his teeth and then moved on. Listened to all the hype and Uncle ‘Arry et al blowing smoke up his harris and got carried away with it IMO. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Anyone else really rooting for Burnley to stay up. Fat Frank had a chance to be a Derby Legend but chose to chase the dream, where he has been found out as tactically naive. Should I stay or should I go. Too late now Frank. Just go, into full time TV presenting.

I don't think we should be too harsh on Lampard for going to Chelsea. The timing of it wasn't ideal admittedly and could have been handled better. 

Lets say Curtis Davies cuts his managerial teeth in a lower division and we then offer him the chance to manage us. Any criticism of him for joining a club he has a strong connection to and one at a higher level than whichever club he was at would be seen as unfair by us imo.

That said, so long as we keep Rooney, Everton being relegated would be fantastic in many ways.

I would be rather disappointed if Everton came down because it would present a big club for the EFL to drool over. The two clubs most likely to go up aren't very marketable whereas Everton will be a huge draw for them and Sky every week.

If we think the love-in with Fulham has been sickening this season, imagine what it will be like with Everton!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I would be rather disappointed if Everton came down because it would present a big club for the EFL to drool over. The two clubs most likely to go up aren't very marketable whereas Everton will be a huge draw for them and Sky every week.

If we think the love-in with Fulham has been sickening this season, imagine what it will be like with Everton!

The EFL could always impose new rules and embargoes on Everton to keep them in the EFL for longer!

How's this one for a starter - "You wear blue and white, which were DCFC's colours in their most successful period, so take a minus 10 point penalty and a transfer embargo where you can only pay a player £3,50 a week including the ones currently under contract".

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It would also be bloody annoying! I've wanted a trip to Goodison for years, and the one year it becomes possible, we get relegated!

I've been there a number of times as my mates an Everton fan.  Lots of old wooden seats that kill your arse and the locals moan like you wouldn't believe- our supporters are saints compared.  Last time I went their two blokes starting fighting over a sausage roll then I bought a scouse pie that I assumed had a bottom when I took it out the foil- it didn't. 

Don't worry, be plenty of chance to visit such grounds next season for that old fashioned match day experience   I imagine many may still be carrying bomb damage from the war for proper old fashioned nostalgia with toilets to match.

On 24/04/2022 at 18:19, i-Ram said:

Anyone else really rooting for Burnley to stay up. Fat Frank had a chance to be a Derby Legend but chose to chase the dream, where he has been found out as tactically naive. Should I stay or should I go. Too late now Frank. Just go, into full time TV presenting.

Yep , there was / is a real arrogance around lampard and the redknapp/ media overhyping of him coupled with the end of his time at derby that brings a bit of pleasure seeing him flounder , 

he spent fair old money with us and had some very good loans only to finish in the same sixth spot as rowett did and let’s be honest the changes at Leeds on that great night were forced but to listen to the media he had taken derby from no hopers to the verge of the prem ,

great player but in my view a badge kisser of the worst kind and a poor manager too arrogant to learn his trade 

Edited by Archied

• 3 weeks later...